Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Bonus Mile Conversion: Up to 55,000 points

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2016 8:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10594 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
HappyValley1 wrote: Does it worth to convert Esso Extra points 20,000 to Aeroplan miles for 10,870 miles which already included the extra 4,000 bonus miles.
Also I have 10,057 Marriott Rewards points and I dont think I will use it. Does it woth to convert to Aeroplan miles? Thanks.
You are miscalculating. The bonus is calculated on the Aeroplan converted amount, not the origin amount.

20,000 Esso = 6900 Aeroplan.

You will only qualify for the 5,000 tier, which is 1,000 bonus miles, not 4k
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote: I like Marriott reward points - I think you get more for them value wise.
Marriot points are the best. Between me and my wife we have had 15+ free nights with Marriot points and certificates in Orlando, LA, Chicago and Pittsburgh and Cleveland.
Cost of the hotels would have been $1500 to $2000. It cost us $120 when I forgot to renew the Marriot VISA card once that came with the 50000 points.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Looks like this promo is back.

New Link: https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/pr ... anguage=en

Promo runtime: July 11 to August 15, AMEX is still not included

@OP, please update the first post.

List of partners:

Conversion rates:

Terms and Conditions:
Miles received from the conversion of other loyalty program points to Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for status in the Aeroplan program. Bonus offer valid only on conversions received from other hotel loyalty program points to Aeroplan Miles, made between July 11, 2016, and August 15, 2016 (11:59 EDT). Maximum 55,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned per Aeroplan Member. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 2,500 and 4,999 Aeroplan Miles 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 5,000 and 9,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 10,000 and 19,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 4,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 20,000 and 49,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 50,000 and 99,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 100,000 and 149,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is between 150,000 and 199,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 55,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion is 200,000 Aeroplan Miles and more. Conversion of Membership Rewards® points from American Express Cardmember accounts into Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for this promotion. Although eligible CIBC Aventura cardholders as of October 1, 2013, can convert their Aventura points to Aeroplan Miles, these conversions are also not eligible for this promotion. BONUS MILE CREDITING: Bonus miles are credited 7-10 days following successful receipt by Aeroplan of a conversion transaction from the partner. Note that some partners may take 2-4 weeks to submit point to mile conversions to Aeroplan.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1278 posts
129 upvotes
Stock R wrote: I plan on converting my spg points.

Starting collecting spg as a backup but I just don't see myself using them anytime soon. Ultimately always end up staying Marriott.
SPG points are hands down the best reward points out there. Especially with the dollar so low you can get high end hotels in NYC or chicago for 10,000 points. I stayed in Fort Lauderdale for 3 days for 10,000 points which would have cost $200US a night. That is what I am using them for every year