Expired Hot Deals

[Aeroplan] Complimentary Travel Insurance from Manulife with Aeroplan

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 4:38 pm
13 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1023 posts
4361 upvotes
Complimentary? Good luck getting a payout with a penny-pinching Canadian insurer. Pouting Face Better read those ambiguously-worded exclusions very carefully.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10841 posts
5909 upvotes
Markham
Just be careful with this stuff. The regular plan has $5 millions emergency medical insurance. But Medical Coverage after a COVID-19 positive test result in destination is up to $200,000 CDN per insured

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... rance.html
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7458 posts
3567 upvotes
Getting insurance with a company that won't pay out or is unfair is basically worse than having no insurance at all because you actually think you have insurance.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10841 posts
5909 upvotes
Markham
choclover wrote: Getting insurance with a company that won't pay out or is unfair is basically worse than having no insurance at all because you actually think you have insurance.
To be fair...lot of ppl gloss over the "questions" and just say NO to everything without actually thinking about the questions or answering truthfully. Ppl just think that it doesn't matter when of course it does because when you need it you're gonna be denied.

It's in high profile cases that are brought to the media where this happens and the perception is the company "won't pay out" "in many cases" when in fact they likely mostly do pay out the vast majority of claims. It's unfortunate that compassion isn't a criteria in claim rulings.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Newbie
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
41 upvotes
It's from two of the best assurance companies, AP and ML.



You can't go wrong with this.


Jk 🤣
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2003
543 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
It’s free, you can pay for more travel insurance if you want. How is this a downvoted deal?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21567 posts
156869 upvotes
GTA
davext wrote: It’s free, you can pay for more travel insurance if you want. How is this a downvoted deal?
Because the airline is trying to give people a false sense of security, as in "you're covered", when in reality, $100K could easily be a drop in the bucket should something happen and you need "the works" at a hospital in a foreign country. So it's almost like there's no point to this if I need to get my own policy to be truly covered (I still wouldn't feel comfortable travelling now in any case).
Jr. Member
Oct 14, 2015
144 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Just read the policy. I’ve heard and experienced great things with Manulife, their travel agent sold policies, which pay out with no hassle for minor claims to see a doc, prescriptions etc. I’m sure any hospitalization may cause some back and forth for any claim on any insurer, but they are one of the better ones imo.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2011
1062 posts
654 upvotes
Montreal
davext wrote: It’s free, you can pay for more travel insurance if you want. How is this a downvoted deal?
Air Canada is the new Canadian Tire Auto of RFD. Post AC threads if you're looking for a trip to Bolivia.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2012
6448 posts
4981 upvotes
toguy wrote: Because the airline is trying to give people a false sense of security, as in "you're covered", when in reality, $100K could easily be a drop in the bucket should something happen and you need "the works" at a hospital in a foreign country. So it's almost like there's no point to this if I need to get my own policy to be truly covered (I still wouldn't feel comfortable travelling now in any case).
To be fair in a country like Mexico that would be enough. These insurance policies are only available to flights for Mexico and the Carribean.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Does the insurance pay out in the form of Air Canada vouchers that need to be used within 2 years?
XBox Series X available. PM for details.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2307 posts
576 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: To be fair in a country like Mexico that would be enough. These insurance policies are only available to flights for Mexico and the Carribean.
if you get COVID in mexico they will fly you to florida where your $200k gets you a greeting card signed by a doctor and a complimentary wristband.

Top