Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Aeroplan eStore] Earn up to 10x Points+Up to 5,000 Bonus, Last Day was Nov 29/20 - Check Order History!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 7:08 pm
Apr 18, 2017
518 posts
224 upvotes
Ottawa
I made a few purchases yesterday and don't see anything yet in the order history. Is this normal?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2668 posts
1837 upvotes
It’s worded in a weird way - no points on Software.

Is buying digital license considered software? I am not sure if you can buy DVD games anymore anyway...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2896 posts
2908 upvotes
GTA
xxxronjames wrote: I made a few purchases yesterday and don't see anything yet in the order history. Is this normal?
Yes, partner transactions showing up in your order history may be delayed.

If you have any more purchases, best to screenshot, if you need backup, to report missing points.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2896 posts
2908 upvotes
GTA
djredhat wrote: So eStore 3 partners (I guess Aliexpress is easy one for $1) plus buy some points (what is the minimum?) would net you 5000 aeropesos?
@MMMM and @arcty5 this may be of interest to you as well ... see my comments below all the other quotes

Vancion wrote: seems like 3 eStore + AC GC is the easiest

You can use up to three offers with eStore partners:
Shop an eStore partner by first going to the Aeroplan eStore.
Only one transaction per partner counts as an offer.
Chew300ZX wrote: Would Amazon count as one (it's only at 1x)? There's not much on there that qualifies anyway. I find this promotion needlessly confusing, but since Air Canada is involved I guess that's to be expected...
cbt123 wrote:
That's what I was planning on doing. Already have my 3 transactions showing up on the tracking. Uber eats hasn't after a few days so I did an extra one yesterday.

Now I just need to buy a gift card.
xxxronjames wrote: I made a few purchases yesterday and don't see anything yet in the order history. Is this normal?

FYI, I added an excerpt of the Ts+Cs to the OP, related to the Bonus Points. Most important is to check out #7 for the 'Black Friday' category:

See Terms and Conditions at bottom of this page, click on it to see #7

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... rsM86U#/tc

See screenshot below, where the tiny 7 is linked to this term

7 Eligible brand and product offers can be found in the Black Friday category on the Aeroplan eStore. Terms and conditions applyExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. for products and for transactions on brand Websites.
Images
  • aeroplan_footnote_7.png
May 30, 2017
493 posts
271 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: @MMMM and @arcty5 this may be of interest to you as well ... see my comments below all the other quotes

FYI, I added an excerpt of the Ts+Cs to the OP, related to the Bonus Points. Most important is to check out #7 for the 'Black Friday' category:

See Terms and Conditions at bottom of this page, click on it to see #7

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... rsM86U#/tc

See screenshot below, where the tiny 7 is linked to this term

7 Eligible brand and product offers can be found in the Black Friday category on the Aeroplan eStore. Terms and conditions applyExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. for products and for transactions on brand Websites.
Thanks for this. I honestly don't know if I did it right but here's the places I made transactions at:

Uber eats
Indigo
Bumble and bumble
The body shop

They all had the tag "black Friday" on them
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
arcty5 wrote: Thanks for this. I honestly don't know if I did it right but here's the places I made transactions at:

Uber eats
Indigo
Bumble and bumble
The body shop

They all had the tag "black Friday" on them
Only 3 of these will count towards your bonus. You'll need to purchase an AirCanada gift card as well or something to fulfill the 4 offer requirement.
May 30, 2017
493 posts
271 upvotes
asbraich wrote: Only 3 of these will count towards your bonus. You'll need to purchase an AirCanada gift card as well or something to fulfill the 4 offer requirement.
Oh why? Aren't they all labelled as black Friday deals?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2065 posts
648 upvotes
Did anybody have their Uber eats show up under order history?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2896 posts
2908 upvotes
GTA
@djredhat
@MMMM
@arcty5
@Vancion
@Chew300ZX
@cbt123
@xxxronjames

and all, if you want to check to ensure you're purchasing from the correct BF Partners, I have updated the Thread Summary to include the List of Black Friday Partners ... since their site is not that clear! lol

Black Friday Partners - please login to Aeroplan eStore and purchase from 3 of these 47 Partners ONLY:

1-800-Flowers.ca 5x
Altitude Sports 3x
Apple 2x
Aveda 10x
Banana Republic 7x
Bloomingdales 4x
Bobbi Brown 4x
Bose 5x
Bumble and Bumble 4x
Clearly 5x
Clinique 5x
Club Monaco 5x
Coach 5x
Decathlon 4x
Dell 5x
Dyson 10x
Etsy 5x
Frank and Oak 5x
Gap 7x
HP 7x
HP Small Business 3x
Hudson's Bay 7x
Indigo 7x
Indochino 10x
Lenovo 10x
Lululemon 5x
MAC 4x
Mark's 4x
Matt & Nat 4x
Michael Kors 7x
Microsoft 5x
Mr. Porter 3x
Old Navy 3x
Penningtons 5x
Reitmans 5x
RW&Co 5x
Sail 4x
Sennheiser 5x
Sephora 10x
Simons 7x
Sonos 5x
The Body Shop 5x
Uber Eats 5x
Under Armour 7x
Viator 4x
VistaPrint 5x
WeightWatchers 5x

** NOTE: if you purchase from a Partner that is not a Black Friday Partner (and not on the list above), they will not count as a Partner for the Bonus Points **

Cheers!
May 30, 2017
493 posts
271 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: @djredhat
@MMMM
@arcty5
@Vancion
@Chew300ZX
@cbt123
@xxxronjames

and all, if you want to check to ensure you're purchasing from the correct BF Partners, I have updated the Thread Summary to include the List of Black Friday Partners ... since their site is not that clear! lol

Black Friday Partners - please login to Aeroplan eStore and purchase from 3 of these 47 Partners ONLY:

1-800-Flowers.ca 5x
Altitude Sports 3x
Apple 2x
Aveda 10x
Banana Republic 7x
Bloomingdales 4x
Bobbi Brown 4x
Bose 5x
Bumble and Bumble 4x
Clearly 5x
Clinique 5x
Club Monaco 5x
Coach 5x
Decathlon 4x
Dell 5x
Dyson 10x
Etsy 5x
Frank and Oak 5x
Gap 7x
HP 7x
HP Small Business 3x
Hudson's Bay 7x
Indigo 7x
Indochino 10x
Lenovo 10x
Lululemon 5x
MAC 4x
Mark's 4x
Matt & Nat 4x
Michael Kors 7x
Microsoft 5x
Mr. Porter 3x
Old Navy 3x
Penningtons 5x
Reitmans 5x
RW&Co 5x
Sail 4x
Sennheiser 5x
Sephora 10x
Simons 7x
Sonos 5x
The Body Shop 5x
Uber Eats 5x
Under Armour 7x
Viator 4x
VistaPrint 5x
WeightWatchers 5x

** NOTE: if you purchase from a Partner that is not a Black Friday Partner (and not on the list above), they will not count as a Partner for the Bonus Points **

Cheers!
So sorry, does the 4th one have to be a $25 Aeroplan GC? Is there anything cheaper I can get? I thought I could just buy from 4 partners and get the promo
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
arcty5 wrote: Oh why? Aren't they all labelled as black Friday deals?
If you want the 5k points you need to do four offers. You can only use the eStore to fulfill three of those offers. You need to use another method for the final offer.
Aug 6, 2013
35 posts
14 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
7 Eligible brand and product offers can be found in the Black Friday category on the Aeroplan eStore. Terms and conditions apply for products and for transactions on brand Websites.

But #7 applies to this :
Shop, save, earn at the Aeroplan eStore. Earn up to 10X Aeroplan points when you shop select brands, or save up to 10% points when you redeem for products via the Aeroplan eStore7.
Nothing tell this rule applies to the 5000 points bonus? The bonus also doesn't state "black friday partner" but just "estore partner"
Shop an eStore partner by first going to the Aeroplan eStore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2896 posts
2908 upvotes
GTA
Francis29 wrote: But #7 applies to this :

Nothing tell this rule applies to the 5000 points bonus? The bonus also doesn't state "black friday partner" but just "estore partner"
Hi Francis!

It's not clear, however, based on this screenshot and Ts+Cs (see additional bold #7 reference), it appears that the Bonus Offer applies only to Black Friday partners.

Here's an excerpt of Ts+Cs for the Bonus Points as shown in the OP:

1 The following Terms and Conditions apply to the “Points on top of points: Use more offers, earn extra points!”
Offer open to Aeroplan members (the “Offer”) and will take place from November 19, 2020 until November 29, 2020 at 11:59pm PST (the “Offer Period”).

Bonus Aeroplan points will be awarded to Aeroplan Members in good standing based on the number of eligible transactions made during the Offer Period. Members will earn (i) 500 Bonus Aeroplan points when making two (2) eligible transactions during the Offer Period; (ii) 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan points when making three (3) eligible transactions during the Offer Period and (iii) 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan points when making four (4) eligible transactions or more per Aeroplan member, during the Offer Period. Points earned by the Aeroplan Member will be deposited to member’s account by February 15, 2021. If any of the eligible transactions are cancelled or any of the related purchases returned, the Bonus Aeroplan points will be cancelled. The eligible transactions for this Offer are the following:

Flight bookings: every eligible* Air Canada flight booking and flight redemption. Aeroplan number must be provided at time of booking.
Air Canada Gift Cards: a maximum of one (1) Air Canada Gift Card purchase per member will be considered eligible2 for this offer.
Air Canada Vacations bookings: every eligible3 booking. Aeroplan number must be provided at time of booking.
AVIS: every eligible4 rental.
Buy points: a maximum of one (1) point purchase per member will be considered eligible5 for this Offer.
Hotel stay and car rental redemptions: a maximum of one (1) eligible6 hotel stay redemption and a maximum of one (1) eligible6 car rental redemption made with Aeroplan points here for travel completed by January 26, 2021. Hotels & Car bookings are powered by Loyalty Travel Agency, holder of a Québec (Canada) permit.

Aeroplan eStore transactions: maximum of three (3) eStore transactions7 per member, and a maximum of one (1) transaction per brand or per eStore catalogue product will be eligible for this Offer.

New Aeroplan credit cards: During the Offer Period, apply and get approved for an Aeroplan credit card. The card must be linked to your Aeroplan account by December 31, 2020 at the latest to count as an eligible transaction for this Offer. The issuing banks are not responsible for any Aeroplan points earned under this Offer and are not involved in this Offer. Applicable credit card terms and conditions apply. Visit aircanada.com/creditcards for more information.

Aeroplan credit card transactions: The transaction date of purchase must be during the Offer Period, and credited to your December 2020 credit card statement. During the Offer Period, each eligible spend on a Personal or Small Business Aeroplan credit card (excluding Aeroplan corporate cards) will count as one eligible transaction with an eligible Air Canada flight purchase charged to their Card directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations. Your credit card account must be in good standing at the time the Aeroplan points are awarded. Any returned items, refunds, or other similar credits will cancel the bonus Aeroplan points earned on the original qualifying purchase. This Offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your card. The issuing banks are not responsible for any Aeroplan points earned as part of this Offer. Applicable credit card terms and conditions apply.

2 Offer available online only. Be sure to enter your Aeroplan number at time of purchase in order to receive your bonus Aeroplan points. Members will be credited based on the total amount spent during the promotional period, up to a maximum spend of $10,000. Additional conditions apply.

3 Only applicable to new vacation package bookings made between November 19 and 29, 2020, for select departure dates. Minimum 7-night stay required for destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe and Hawaii, and a minimum 3-night stay for Flight and Hotel packages to Canada and the United States (excluding Hawaii). Subject to availability at time of booking and change without notice. Visit aircanadavacations.com for details.

4 Aeroplan bonus points offer valid on a qualifying rental at participating Avis locations worldwide.
Members can earn 1,500 Aeroplan bonus points on qualifying rentals at participating airport locations in Canada, the U.S. or International and 750 Aeroplan points on qualifying rentals at an off-airport location in Canada, or the U.S. Booking must be done between November 19-29, 2020 and rental must be completed by January 26, 2021. All rentals must mention a valid Aeroplan number at the time of reservation or at the time of rental to receive points.

5 When you buy or gift a minimum of 2,000 Aeroplan points. Terms and conditions applyExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines..

6 Redemption discount will be applied automatically for all hotel and car redemptions. Complete details in the Hotel and Car Terms and Conditions on aeroplan.cxloyalty.comExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.. Hotels & Car bookings are powered by Loyalty Travel Agency, holder of a Québec (Canada) permit. Certain destinations might not be offered for last minute bookings.
Offer valid for bookings made between November 19 to November 29, 2020 for travel from November 19, 2020. Hotel and Car offerings are subject to availability at time of booking.

Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s discretion; other conditions and restrictions may apply.

7 Eligible brand and product offers can be found in the Black Friday category on the Aeroplan eStore. Terms and conditions apply for products and for transactions on brand Websites.

8 Offer conditions apply and can vary depending on issuing bank and product. Visit aircanada.com/creditcards for full listing of credit card offers and terms and conditions.

9 The offer is only applicable to Personal or Small Business Aeroplan credit cards and excludes Aeroplan corporate cards

Visit aircanada.com/creditcards for full listing of credit card offers and terms and conditions.

10 All products are subject to availability.

Aeroplan general terms and conditions apply.

Anyone else feels it's all stores vs Black Friday partners?

It's definitely open for interpretation, however, it's their Ts+C's that specify Black Friday partners in several spots, pertaining to the Bonus Points Offer :)
Images
  • Screenshot_20201127_224327.jpg
Aug 6, 2013
35 posts
14 upvotes
It is indeed not very clear. I asked Aeroplan through Facebook, and they just told me its a good question and they will come back to me, so even for them it doesn't seems that sure.

Edit : see the answer down below.
Last edited by Francis29 on Nov 28th, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2013
35 posts
14 upvotes
So I just got an answer from Aeroplan team through Facebook, and indeed you do NEED to buy from a Black Friday partner exclusively. They did confirm to me that purcharse to other partners, like AliExpress or GoDaddy, aren't eligible for the 5000 bonus points.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2896 posts
2908 upvotes
GTA
Francis29 wrote: So I just got an answer from Aeroplan team through Facebook, and indeed you do NEED to buy from a Black Friday partner exclusively. They did confirm to me that purcharse to other partners, like AliExpress or GoDaddy, aren't eligible for the 5000 bonus points.
Thanks for getting the official word from Aeroplan Francis!

Sigh, it's not that hard finding low cost options for 3 BF eStore Partners it's just finding free shipping.

Good news is that you can shop until tomorrow, Sunday, Nov 29th, 11:59 pm PST ... although you may want to complete a bit earlier in the night Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Aug 6, 2013
35 posts
14 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Sigh, it's not that hard finding low cost options for 3 BF eStore Partners it's just finding free shipping.
If you live close by to a Decathlon, Simons and other apparel brands (not OldNavy), it seems you can buy some very cheaps items (socks under 5$), and pickup at the store.
Also UberEats has some restaurant where you can pickup yourself, making it possible to order not much and still be eligible.
Dec 24, 2011
382 posts
660 upvotes
East, Canada
Has anyone received points or confirmation of tracked visits yet? I made several purchases at Indigo and Amazon, which have already shipped but not showing any base or bonus points yet.

The new aeroplan site is garbage compared to the old one: it also seems to force re-login within 5 minutes of leaving a tab, and is not user intuitive to navigate.

The old aeroplan app and website were much cleaner and better.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2065 posts
648 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Has anyone received points or confirmation of tracked visits yet? I made several purchases at Indigo and Amazon, which have already shipped but not showing any base or bonus points yet.

The new aeroplan site is garbage compared to the old one: it also seems to force re-login within 5 minutes of leaving a tab, and is not user intuitive to navigate.

The old aeroplan app and website were much cleaner and better.
When I click on order history, I see my purchase from Dell on Nov. 24 logged with points as pending. My purchases at The Bay and Mark's have not posted anything. I did an Uber Eats order through the estore at the same time as I ordered from Dell and nothing on that either. Kinda concerning since the promo ends tomorrow. Don't want to bother wasting $25 on an Air Canada GC if I'm not getting the 5000 points.

I agree, the site sucks. The old one wasn't great either though, it didn't even have a place to track your clicks, did it?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2750 posts
1270 upvotes
what a pain to get 5000 points. Someone at aeroplan/aircanada need to understand this process should be fun
All done now I need a nap

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)