• Mar 4th, 2019 12:23 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9319 posts
10876 upvotes
Vancouver

Aeroplan flight availability

I feel like an idiot because I must be missing something really simple here, but how do I book domestic flights with Aeroplan points? I search for flights while logged in to aeroplan.com, but am then dumped to aircanada.com which shows me cash fares. How do I find out whether a flight can be booked with aeroplan points?
5 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11980 posts
10889 upvotes
I just tried it. It works differently now. After I hit search, the original tab changed to Air Canada search result and it open another tab for the Aeroplan search result.
BTW, I am using Chrome on Win10.
AC owns AP now. AC may want to up sell AC cash tickets just in case AP flight is not convenience.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Aug 13, 2004
453 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
do you have "compare flights to aircanada.com checked?"
for me it opens a new tab to aircanada.com because of that.... but the actually aeroplan site shows you its like 25,000 miles etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2016
1092 posts
397 upvotes
toronto
Kiraly wrote: OK I figured it out. It's that pesky "compare to Air Canada" check box that I didn't even see. I unchecked it and now I'm seeing the aeroplan flight redemptions. Thanks.
and that box is always there even if looking at flights where AC doesn't even fly . so stupid.