Shopping Discussion

Aeroplan store, how long is shipping

  • Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 12:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa

Aeroplan store, how long is shipping

How long does a Apple purchase from the aeroplan store usually take to arrive?

Working from home with the boss here as well, makes for interesting times as she's working and we're both juggling the real boss. Our 1 year old, who reaches audible levels Mariah would be proud of.

Bought Airpod pros for 51k Aeroplan points, as the Anker soundcore life p2 set I got are rubbish. Hoping the noise cancellation is much better.

It's not a great redemption at about 1% as I earn at 1.25. But given the points are accumulating and travel redemption seems a long way off... Figured I'd give it a go.


Any idea when they'd arrive?
9 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: I don't think anyone on RFD would know, since redeeming for merchandise at 0.64¢/point is a really bad deal.
How do you figure .64c if I earn at 1.25:$1? 330 plus tax(373) is the purchase price. 51,500 points is redemption including tax/shipping.

I'm not sure if that's a snobbish response or something else. I can't tell but won't spend too much time thinking about it.. It's like saying nobody on RFD would know what delivery times are like for the Burberry store.. And guess what.. Lots of us know lol. Burberry sales threads are common.

I'm curious what exactly is a better redemption this week for aeroplan points? I usually redeem for business class flights but hey that's not a thing anymore. And even still I'm earning more than I can spend on flights.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: I don't think anyone on RFD would know, since redeeming for merchandise at 0.64¢/point is a really bad deal.
So what better ap redemptions are there? Regardless that your math is off.. What else can you do with aeroplan points at the moment?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
10598 posts
12788 upvotes
Vancouver
shylok wrote: So what better ap redemptions are there? Regardless that your math is off.. What else can you do with aeroplan points at the moment?
1) didn't realize taxes were included. That makes your redemption value at 0.73¢/point. It doesn't matter what rate you earn the points at, it's still a 0.73¢/point redemption.
2) Aeroplan is a flight rewards program; if there aren't any good flight redemptions now, better to wait until there are, and get the more typical ~2¢/point. Unless you're suspecting that Aeroplan will go belly-up and you'll lose them all, in which case I don't blame you for taking that big of a loss and cashing out now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: 1) didn't realize taxes were included. That makes your redemption value at 0.73¢/point. It doesn't matter what rate you earn the points at, it's still a 0.73¢/point redemption.
2) Aeroplan is a flight rewards program; if there aren't any good flight redemptions now, better to wait until there are, and get the more typical ~2¢/point. Unless you're suspecting that Aeroplan will go belly-up and you'll lose them all, in which case I don't blame you for taking that big of a loss and cashing out now.
Earn rate should be considered as you get more points for your dollar spent. I have organic spend.. I don't churn or other bs. So its cb or points, and best value on redemption is calculated strictly off the input, which is the spend. But you can look at it differently, doesn't make it right.

How well funded is AC.. and guess how big of a liability AP sits on its books.. how many times have monetary currencies been devalued in dire times... loyalty points? Definitely a huge risk.. no income for 6-8 or 12 months.. how long can AC survive, gov't bailouts likely to happen if it starts to fail.. how high up on the list of keeping the same valuation of current points do you think it'll be for execs. Anyway I keep collecting ap atm, I'm not flying until my family has a vaccine or unfortunately have an immunity. I don't see myself gineau pigging the vaccine in its first year either.. so its a damn while before AP points are useful for many people I expect. So that leaves us with craptastic merchandise redemptions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa
Delivery
Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. This reward can only be shipped to a civic address in Canada; it can not be shipped to a PO Box or any address outside of Canada.


Sigh right there in the item description. Seems to say that for many items..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3483 posts
1521 upvotes
Ottawa
Shipped yesterday from Concord Ont, arrive tomorrow it says.
Jr. Member
Mar 13, 2005
153 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
shylok wrote: Shipped yesterday from Concord Ont, arrive tomorrow it says.
Via Canada Post ?

Top