Travel

Aeroplan - Taxes & Fees Question

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2019 4:43 pm
Feb 6, 2005
42 posts
13 upvotes

Aeroplan - Taxes & Fees Question

So I'm looking at Market Fare flights to the US using points (Fixed fare flights are only slightly less points, and way less flight time options)... There are two flights the same day direct to the destination. One flight has $7.40 in taxes, the other flight has $37 in taxes on it. (edited to correct second number)

The same two flights, only a day earlier, both show taxes of $7.40.

Has anyone had any success in getting Aeroplan to adjust the taxes on Market Fare flights?

Thanks
Last edited by EchoBravo on Sep 9th, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
Are they all with the same airline?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19730 posts
28602 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow I'd love to know what Air Canada flights you're finding with $7.40 taxes and fees. Any time I look at Air Canada flights the taxes and fees are more than half of the total cost of the fare, so never worth it for aeroplan for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
Are you sure they’re the same? I’ve never had luck and they’ll charge the call center fee...
Feb 6, 2005
42 posts
13 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Wow I'd love to know what Air Canada flights you're finding with $7.40 taxes and fees. Any time I look at Air Canada flights the taxes and fees are more than half of the total cost of the fare, so never worth it for aeroplan for me.
ATL-YYZ normally has decent taxes, and a few other eastern destinations. I don't Expect YYZ->ATL to have quite as low.
Images
  • ATL-YYZ.JPG
Feb 6, 2005
42 posts
13 upvotes
dolfan1980 wrote: Are you sure they’re the same? I’ve never had luck and they’ll charge the call center fee...
Yeah, same flight numbers. I saw a post on Flyertalk of someone else having the same issue, and they come to pretty much the same conclusion. Not much you can do, and no reason for it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
EchoBravo wrote: ATL-YYZ normally has decent taxes, and a few other eastern destinations. I don't Expect YYZ->ATL to have quite as low.
I think this was a computer glitch. I've had it happen before with a booking where I got charged a similar amount for a flight. I didn't ask questions. Winking Face It's never happened again since.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2017
1046 posts
1093 upvotes
EchoBravo wrote: So I'm looking at Market Fare flights to the US using points (Fixed fare flights are only slightly less points, and way less flight time options)... There are two flights the same day direct to the destination. One flight has $7.40 in taxes, the other flight has $63 in taxes on it.

The same two flights, only a day earlier, both show taxes of $7.40.

Has anyone had any success in getting Aeroplan to adjust the taxes on Market Fare flights?

Thanks
Are the specific routes and dates a secret?
Feb 6, 2005
42 posts
13 upvotes
nevyn1234 wrote: Are the specific routes and dates a secret?
No, not at all. See attached pictures. 10:35 flight shows $7.40 on the 27th. 12:30 flight shows $37.90 on the 27th. Same 12:30 flight on the 26th shows $7.40
Images
  • MCO1.JPG
  • MCO2.JPG
  • MCO3.JPG
  • MCO4.JPG
  • MCO5.JPG

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)