Affordable headshot Photographer in Toronto Area

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2017 10:51 am
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
9 posts

Affordable headshot Photographer in Toronto Area

Hey Everyone

I'm looking to get my head shot taken for linkedin profile picture and may be 2-3 pictures for personal website which basically my resume. Any recommendations ? Someone who is not expensive and does decent work.

Thanks in advance!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1408 posts
1244 upvotes
Montreal
Someone who is not expensive and does decent work
That does not exist
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15003 posts
11528 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You can hire students.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15426 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Definitely check their previous work whether pro/amateur/student, because that's what you're paying for, except with your face in it.

Headshot gear isn't cheap, neither is the ability to utilize inverse square law and lighting your subject properly, along with knowing how to pose someone elicit expression, and removing blemishes, dodge/burning, etc in post with a Wacom.

Cheap lighting here (speedlights) but he's using a $2K+ lens to get proper compression:
Here's just understanding light

(I do both Dylan and Peter style headshots but not selling myself, I'm booked for the summer with weddings+vac time with family, sorry, just showing you what's involved for a pro look)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7737 posts
1627 upvotes
I am in CTA, not GTA, but here we still have photo stores (ie. Former Japan Camera locations) that does prints/passport photos and would be able to do head shots with none white background as well. They will probably come out very generic and passport photo like but they are not too expensive and would do for Linkedin for sure.

See if you have those in your area.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Apr 20, 2017
604 posts
417 upvotes
You can try NG Studio located in Toronto area. Although their main business is wedding photography, you can get an affordable headshot photographer around 300$.