Travel

Affordable public parking in Manhattan near Time Square?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 8:39 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
975 posts
87 upvotes

Affordable public parking in Manhattan near Time Square?

Hi

We are planning to drive to NYC for the upcoming spring break and stay there 3-4 nights, we found a couple of hotels near Time Square for about $200US per night, They charge an extra $100 US per day for parking. I am wondering if there is any public parking around for a more reasonable price? (maybe around $50US per day would be acceptable to me)

In the past we stayed outside of NYC where hotels offer free parking, we left the car at the hotel and commute to Manhattan everyday using public transit during the visit but this time we want to stay in Manhattan

thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8894 posts
1802 upvotes
Vancouver
Def prebook your spot and don't go with hotels default rates. Use online parking spot tools havnt used then in a long while but it saved me money in downtown boston.

How many are you? Do yourself a favor and fly into nyc. LGA ideally or ewr

You don't mention. Dates but you can usually fly for $200-$300 on porter and it's a. Nice experience couple free drinks on the way.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2417 posts
800 upvotes
manteiv wrote: Hi

We are planning to drive to NYC for the upcoming spring break and stay there 3-4 nights, we found a couple of hotels near Time Square for about $200US per night, They charge an extra $100 US per day for parking. I am wondering if there is any public parking around for a more reasonable price? (maybe around $50US per day would be acceptable to me)

We have been to NYC a couple of times and stayed by Times Square. We parked on the Jersey side at Square Ramp for $12/24hrs and took the PATH train in to Manhattan from Journal Square which is across the street and walked to our hotel from 23rd street. The parking rate is now $17/24hrs. The train cost $2.75 one way. You really do not want to drive in Manhattan.
http://www.squareramp.com/squareramp/
http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html
In the past we stayed outside of NYC where hotels offer free parking, we left the car at the hotel and commute to Manhattan everyday using public transit during the visit but this time we want to stay in Manhattan

thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1967 posts
858 upvotes
HK
I paid around $60/night for valet parking at both the Park Hyatt and Plaza hotel last summer if I recall.

$100 is just ridiculous.
Jul 20, 2012
699 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
There are several 24 hour attended lots close to Times square. I think an average daily rate is around $50 USD. If you have an suv or large van expect to pay $25 USD extra per day.