• Apr 16th, 2021 5:02 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2008
203 posts
225 upvotes
Montreal

Affordable shipping for mugs

Hi all!

I'm trying to sell some mugs in Canada but the shipping is absurd. My mug package dimensions are 3.5x4x4.5inches and weighs 0.8lbs and I still can't find anything under 13$ to ship from Mtl to Toronto. Does anyone have any tricks or advice to get this cost down?

Thanks.
8 replies
Aug 21, 2011
168 posts
25 upvotes
MONTR
A buddy of mine sells personalized mugs and was having similar issues, but he sells out of Toronto.

They use a courier service that does transport between Tor and Mtl. I think they add it to an existing truck load and the truck drops it off at a courier in the other city, or something to that effect.
Oct 18, 2001
668 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Sadly shipping in Canada sucks price wise... Some options which I use to find the cheapest method based on where I ship too is: Eshipper, netparcel, freightcom, chitchats, stallionexpress

plangevin wrote: Hi all!

I'm trying to sell some mugs in Canada but the shipping is absurd. My mug package dimensions are 3.5x4x4.5inches and weighs 0.8lbs and I still can't find anything under 13$ to ship from Mtl to Toronto. Does anyone have any tricks or advice to get this cost down?

Thanks.
May 25, 2018
113 posts
24 upvotes
Who are the Board of Canada Post? Maybe you should write them asking them to bring down the price.
May 25, 2018
113 posts
24 upvotes

Thanks.
I guess the main difficulty is that no carrier bills for less than 1lb. If we were billed for exactly 0.3lb or 0.7lb then shipping would be more affordable....

Does anyone know any shipper that bills for exact weight??
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10976 posts
2090 upvotes
Toronto

Thanks.
Not sure if you ever found a company that has decent rates but try ChitChats. I find they have very good rates for shipping within Canada especially outside of Canada.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2008
203 posts
225 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks.

I actually just ended up making a Canada Post business account and paying bad prices. There are tiers so once I reach 2400$ spent, I'll get a better price and so on.
Mar 13, 2016
18 posts
1 upvote
plangevin wrote: Thanks.

I actually just ended up making a Canada Post business account and paying bad prices. There are tiers so once I reach 2400$ spent, I'll get a better price and so on.
the company I use is a small company in GTA, if you can ship in a bulk to their address they can deliver 1 mug for $8-$10 within GTA

hope this helps
May 25, 2018
113 posts
24 upvotes

Thanks.
Please can someone explain to myself and OP, why Canada Post charges the rate for 1lb for 0.3, 0.4lb, 0.5lb instead of pro-rating it. USPS prorates. Maybe a group of business owners should pressure Canada Post to change this....