• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2012 8:16 pm
[OP]
Apr 4, 2012
5 posts
TORONTO

Affresh Washer Cleaner - Where to Buy?

Hi,

My front loader washing machine is starting to get sort of gross around the front gasket. I'm looking to buy Affresh washer cleaner, but I haven't been able to find it at any of the stores listed on their website - so far I've been to Home Depot and No Frills. Has anyone seen this for sale at a store in Toronto?

Thanks!
10 replies
Oct 6, 2006
183 posts
28 upvotes
Zellers has them at the best price I've seen so far ($7.99) - I bought at Hillcrest location.
Also seen at Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8082 posts
347 upvotes
Walmart

They also have a bounce version (maybe for dryers?)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4493 posts
1708 upvotes
GTA
I just purchased a pack (three tablets) from Loblaws last night for $9.99. Going to see if Costco has them next time I'm there, or else will go to Zellers as mentioned above.
May 17, 2006
569 posts
144 upvotes
To the best of my recollection, I just purchased a package of 3 washer tablets and 3 dishwasher tablets at Costco for $9.99. Scarborough location.
[OP]
Apr 4, 2012
5 posts
TORONTO
Good to know - thanks everyone. I'll try Costco first and then Loblaws or Walmart.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1325 posts
238 upvotes
I picked some up at Walmart. Other things that help/eliminate the need at least IMO and experience with my front loader; always leave door open after washing, and switch to powder. There's something about liquid detergents that can "gunk up" after a while (animal fats, possibly). Since I've switched to powder (Tide) I haven't had an issue or the need to use another Affresh. Some people will say that they use liquid with no issues, but I have had better luck with powder.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2279 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
Why bother?
I just fill the bleach cup and start the tub clean cycle per LG's instruction manual.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3301 posts
884 upvotes
Ancaster
Futureshop also carries Affresh.

Tide now makes their own version of Affresh which should be comparable, if not superior to Affresh.
Jan 11, 2007
538 posts
155 upvotes
GTA
craigdcan wrote: I picked some up at Walmart. Other things that help/eliminate the need at least IMO and experience with my front loader; always leave door open after washing, and switch to powder. There's something about liquid detergents that can "gunk up" after a while (animal fats, possibly). Since I've switched to powder (Tide) I haven't had an issue or the need to use another Affresh. Some people will say that they use liquid with no issues, but I have had better luck with powder.
+1
When I bought my front loader, it was recommended by the salesperson to only use powdered Tide and if I needed bleach to use the powdered oxyclean. I always leave the door open after washing and never had a problem with gunk building up or bad smell.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)