Travel

African Lion Safari - been lately ?

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7230 posts
1600 upvotes

African Lion Safari - been lately ?

any been to it since covid ? Just wondering if it's worth it - checked online, seems to be only the drive through that is open and some trail... also says, some animal exhibit may not be available - wondering if most are avail to be seen. Will be like $160 for 4 adults, and a toddler that's free... don't want to shell out all that money and be disappointed.

Any info will be greatly appreciate it... thanks !
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
6963 posts
2901 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: any been to it since covid ? Just wondering if it's worth it - checked online, seems to be only the drive through that is open and some trail... also says, some animal exhibit may not be available - wondering if most are avail to be seen. Will be like $160 for 4 adults, and a toddler that's free... don't want to shell out all that money and be disappointed.

Any info will be greatly appreciate it... thanks !
Was there today. The drive thru was typical, except they didn't have the monkeys out (too bad, they're a big attraction). It was way less busy than it usually is. The food area was open for ordering, but you could only eat outdoors. That being said, we didn't eat cause it was absolutely dead. You could walk the property a bit and see some cool birds up close, but otherwise everything else was closed. Didn't go into the gift shop so can't comment on that.

Your cost should be ~$130 for 4 adults. I don't know if what we experienced is "worth it" to you. We had an okay time. Compared to the Metro Toronto Zoo "safari" that cost us $60, today's experience was 100 times better. That trip was honestly worth at most $20.

Compared to our past visits, this was definitely the least enjoyable one for us all. If you go regularly I think it might be worth it to support them through the very obvious tough time they're going through right now.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
160 upvotes
Haven't been to African Lion Safari, but I was at the Toronto Zoo a few weeks ago. Best experience ever at the zoo. Loved the fact that it wasn't packed. Very relaxing environment with social distancing, we took about 2 hours to see everything, I think it's cheaper than African Lion Safari too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)