Entertainment

Aging rock legends announce "catch them while you still can" concert this October

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2016 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…

Aging rock legends announce "catch them while you still can" concert this October

Just came across this. Talk about a timely cash-in. Catch them while they're still alive!!!

If they make it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36090699

- The Who's Roger Daltrey has confirmed a much-rumoured "megafestival" featuring his band alongside Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan and Neil Young.

The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are reportedly behind the three-day event in the US this October.

"What a great weekend it will be," Daltrey told BBC 6 Music. "They're all going to be there, on the one spot, at the one time."

I don't think any of us cares who goes on first
Roger Daltrey

"It's amazing really. It's amazing we're still here."

Don't speak too soon Roger. October's still a LONG way away, esp for aging rock stars this year.

Edit: Hmmm. No mention of The Rolling Stones. But they are in the pic, right? Are they telling us something?
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
- It is expected to take place on the weekend of 7 - 9 October at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California, where the Coachella Festival took place last weekend.

The line-up is also expected to include The Rolling Stones and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd.

It will be the first, and possibly last, time the artists - all Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees - have shared the same bill.

Ah, there they are. And Roger Waters. None of the rest of Floyd? And no Ringo?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10674 posts
2529 upvotes
Victoria
Interesting idea. Most festivals seem to lean heavily on older acts to draw crowds (bands anywhere from the 60s to the 90s). You kind of have to wonder what festivals will look like when even the big 90's bands have stopped performing.

I can't imagine how much these tickets will be. I knew someone that went to McCartney the other night and their ticket was nearly 300 after service charges.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
zod wrote: Interesting idea. Most festivals seem to lean heavily on older acts to draw crowds (bands anywhere from the 60s to the 90s). You kind of have to wonder what festivals will look like when even the big 90's bands have stopped performing.

I can't imagine how much these tickets will be. I knew someone that went to McCartney the other night and their ticket was nearly 300 after service charges.
Imagine the insurance premiums too. On not only the performers, but the aging fans as well. Better have plenty of paramedics present! ;) Seriously!

Even the Live Aid crowd are getting on now. And many of these acts are from the Woodstock generation (and earlier).
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10674 posts
2529 upvotes
Victoria
Tornado F2 wrote: Imagine the insurance premiums too. On not only the performers, but the aging fans as well. Better have plenty of paramedics present! ;) Seriously!

Even the Live Aid crowd are getting on now. And many of these acts are from the Woodstock generation (and earlier).
I was a teen in the 90's, so that's my music. It is crazy watching the audiences get older for same bands I've been going to for 20 years.

Nothing like going to an older band though. Makes you feel young. I felt really young at the Paul McCartney show in Vancouver a few years back. I've seen The Who (back in 2000), Black Sabbath (in '99), Springsteen, Neil Young, Tom Petty etc.... but something about that McCartney show made me feel really young... lol. I guess you don't go much further back than the Beatles, so that draws a pretty old crowd :)
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
zod wrote: I was a teen in the 90's, so that's my music. It is crazy watching the audiences get older for same bands I've been going to for 20 years.

Nothing like going to an older band though. Makes you feel young. I felt really young at the Paul McCartney show in Vancouver a few years back. I've seen The Who (back in 2000), Black Sabbath (in '99), Springsteen, Neil Young, Tom Petty etc.... but something about that McCartney show made me feel really young... lol. I guess you don't go much further back than the Beatles, so that draws a pretty old crowd :)
More modest, but I went to see Platinum Blonde (TO band) last summer. I definitely felt like I was one of the youngest there. The bands in this announced show are almost two decades older.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)