• Jul 17th, 2020 1:53 pm
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7173 posts
8786 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP! A few quick details:
  • Offer applies to residents of Ontario who are Doctors, Nurses, Hospital Employees, Paramedics, Police Officers, Firefighters, Grocery Store Workers, Mass Transit Employees, Retirement and Long-term Care Workers, Social Services, Emergency Shelter Staff, Sanitation and Waste Management employees.
  • Pass Holders must show work ID when first visiting the AGO.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3562 posts
3563 upvotes
OP, it's "annual pass" (as opposed to "membership") ....there's a difference, you don't get some of the membership perks

Still great deal for the front line workers who deserve it of course
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2261 posts
867 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Thanks, wife is a frontline worker in the medical field.

She'll enjoy this and we always wanted to visit the AGO more.
Feb 5, 2012
222 posts
324 upvotes
Woodbridge
Amazing deal. AGO hooking it up. Thanks OP. Haven't been there in ages. Looking forward to checking it out once things settle down a bit.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7206 posts
7508 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Thanks OP!
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
May 22, 2015
355 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is awesome. Signed up. So how does it work? I show this pass during my visit with my ID?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7206 posts
7508 upvotes
Downtown Canada
goodhours wrote: This is awesome. Signed up. So how does it work? I show this pass during my visit with my ID?
Just spoke to them, yes, you will have to present your credentials upon entering
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Jul 23, 2010
853 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Nice going to try to take advantage of this deal and gf is under 25 so sweet. Free place to visit when there’s less to do!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2405 posts
172 upvotes
Is the pass good for 2 people? Odd that Lab Tech is not listed for occupations, someone that tests the swabs...
Jul 23, 2010
853 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, can’t just walk in. Must book a timed entry ticket (free) which is similar to booking appointment time by logging in after getting the free annual pass.
Oct 25, 2016
43 posts
33 upvotes
Ontario
Once you confirm your order, does the annual start date begin right away?

I'd like to wait until the AGO at least opens (23rd) before activating this offer even if it is only a few days away. Especially considering since we have until August 20th to apply for this.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12649 posts
7774 upvotes
Markham
aeba7 wrote: Thanks OP! A few quick details:
This is the better definition about front line. I feel we have enough appreciation on doctors, nurse , police, but under appreciated groceries cashiers......those essential workers. All of those essential workers including front line should be treat same
Jun 5, 2017
136 posts
150 upvotes
Very nice gesture. Must admit as a Front Line worker myself we have been spoilt rotten during this pandemic.
Mar 23, 2017
984 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
So..... AGO pass... that's what this was about right?
Thanks OP. Looking forward to seeing some art.
Mar 23, 2017
984 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
pkWHISTLE wrote: Once you confirm your order, does the annual start date begin right away?

I'd like to wait until the AGO at least opens (23rd) before activating this offer even if it is only a few days away. Especially considering since we have until August 20th to apply for this.
I'm guessing they'll be a bit flexible with dates if you ask nice.
Sep 30, 2001
29355 posts
8767 upvotes
Toronto
guys we can't keep going in circles every time some business or institution wants to recognize front line workers. we just can't. Instead of threadcrapping and derailing the thread (which it always does) I suggest that if you're truly bothered by these acts of appreciation (or free publicity if you want to be cynical) you can:
  • write to the organization with your complaint
  • write to your MP/MPP to enact a law to make such tokens of appreciation more inclusive
  • write to the media with your beefs
  • complain about it in Off-Topic
It's super tiresome having to deal with these thread derails every single time front line workers are recognized.
Be kind and civil with one another

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)