Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Agro Roasters (coffee)

$25 off $50+ (via SupportLocalBC.com)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver

$25 off $50+ (via SupportLocalBC.com)

Deal Link:
Savings:
$25 off
Expiry:
August 12, 2020
Retailer:
Agro Roasters (coffee)
This is basically the SupportLocalBC deal (support-local-bc-purchase-50-more-any-p ... f-2394304/) but I wanted to create a separate thread specifically for one of the participating businesses: Agro Roasters. The whole bean coffee at https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/ is already cheaper than most fancy roasters so an additional $25 off makes this pretty hot in my opinion.

Today is the last day of the SupportLocalBC promo.

Steps:
1) Go to https://supportlocalbc.com/products/agro-roasters
2) Purchase a $50 (or more) gift certificate. Use promocode VANCITYLOCALBIZ during checkout to get $25 off.
3) You will get an email from SupportLocalBC.com immediately with a "Gift Certificate - Order ###". This is not your gift certificate.
4) Shortly after (the next day based on my experience), you will get an email from Agro Roasters with your store credit (e.g. $50 or however much your purchased) that you can use on https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/. The store credit I received has an expiry date of August 2022.
5) Place your order on https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/ using your store credit. Make sure you use the same email that you used in Step 2 or else it won't let you complete the order.

An example of what you can purchase:
- 2lbs of their Roasters Choice (Guji Ethiopian) is $32.
- 340g of their Kenyan is $18
That's $50. Free shipping for orders over $40. So you would be paying $25 for the above. That's a good deal for quality single origin beans. They also have some beans that are cheaper but you might need to do some math if you want to maximize your savings (e.g. your order may be more than your store credit).

I've only tried their lighter roasts because that's what I like (Aeropress and v60) and they're at least on-par with other snobby roasters that I like (e.g. 49 Parallel, Pallet, Phil & Sebastian, JJBean selects, etc.).
16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Error on step 2 when using “VANCITYLOCALBIZ”

Enter a valid discount code or gift card

Update:
I checked their chatbot and it says below, so this deal is expired

Unfortunately the Vancity Loves Local campaign ended at 12:00pm PST on August 12th so the promo code VANCITYLOCALBIZ is no longer active. Although that promotion is no longer active, 100% of all sales will continue to go directly to the businesses you purchase gift certificates for. Thank you so much for your interest in supporting local businesses!
Last edited by anshiren on Aug 12th, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jan 8, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Error on step 2 when using “VANCITYLOCALBIZ”

Same thing for me.

EDIT. Looks like the promo ended at noon
Last edited by AnthonyP79629 on Aug 12th, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
AnthonyP79629 wrote: Same thing for me.
Checked their chatbot and it says

Unfortunately the Vancity Loves Local campaign ended at 12:00pm PST on August 12th so the promo code VANCITYLOCALBIZ is no longer active. Although that promotion is no longer active, 100% of all sales will continue to go directly to the businesses you purchase gift certificates for. Thank you so much for your interest in supporting local businesses!
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
Aug 10, 2003
431 posts
155 upvotes

same here
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver

D'oh. You're right. I just tried now and got the same thing. I guess the VANCITYLOCALBIZ promo is over :( Sorry.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
AnthonyP79629 wrote: Same thing for me.

EDIT. Looks like the promo ended at noon
Yup, 12pm pst or 3pm EST
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry dudes. I thought it expired at the end of today. Not at noon. Ah well.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
coolwasabi wrote: D'oh. You're right. I just tried now and got the same thing. I guess the VANCITYLOCALBIZ promo is over :( Sorry.
No worry, thanks for posting it anyway.

I feel they kinda dodged a bullet, the intention was to help bc local, not to take advantage of it. Can’t imagine if this becomes hot on RFD and everyone is jumping onto that, not sure if they will make any money with almost 50% off, unless the promo comes from government/vancity

I heard they had good coffee and basically the most affordable 3rd wave toaster already even without the code... will be sad to see it gone
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Nov 23, 2017
41 posts
50 upvotes
Agro has really decent beans. If im not mistaken, they do carry beans that are naturally processed so they do have a subtle fruity and sweet punch to the coffee. Was super excited when i saw the name on the list :)
Jul 10, 2017
143 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PSA:
Honestly, Agro Roasters is a hot deal without the coupon.

I cannot find a better value for locally roasted beans.

Rated #2 by https://www.vancouvercoffeesnob.com/lis ... uver-2019/

2 pounds is $28 for all roasts. I have ordered once (now waiting for my second order), and the roast dates were within the same week I bought last time. The non-espresso roasts are single origin and they are heralded for their espresso roasts.

To pay only $14/lb(454g) for high end roasted beans is unheard of in Vancouver unless someone else knows something better.

Matchstick's cheapest (Bulldog) 340g bag is $16.49 and pretty much every other shop is $19 (49th Parallel, Elysian) up to $25ish (Rocanini) for 340g.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
anshiren wrote: No worry, thanks for posting it anyway.

I feel they kinda dodged a bullet, the intention was to help bc local, not to take advantage of it. Can’t imagine if this becomes hot on RFD and everyone is jumping onto that, not sure if they will make any money with almost 50% off, unless the promo comes from government/vancity

I heard they had good coffee and basically the most affordable 3rd wave toaster already even without the code... will be sad to see it gone
Hah, yea. I was a little hesitant to post this because of this... but I assumed that Vancity was covering at least some of the promo. Oh well, moot point now.

Like others are saying^, they're still worth a try even without the promo. I was pretty stoked about my first order from them last month. So happy to find a good roaster (with a good reputation too) that had cheaper prices than others. Some of the beans that they JUST added to their store are a bit more expensive than their previous offerings, but still cheaper than other roasters. And $40 for free shipping is easy to hit.
Last edited by coolwasabi on Aug 12th, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2010
629 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby
coolwasabi wrote: Hah, yea. I was a little hesitant to post this because of this... but I assumed that Vancity was covering at least some of the promo. Oh well, moot point now.
It's covered by Vancity, I checked with another business. (So you don't need to feel guilty, not for Argo anyways)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Good coffee but this sounds like a referral.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
coolwasabi wrote: Hah, yea. I was a little hesitant to post this because of this... but I assumed that Vancity was covering at least some of the promo. Oh well, moot point now.

Like others are saying^, they're still worth a try even without the promo. I was pretty stoked about my first order from them last month. So happy to find a good roaster (with a good reputation too) that had cheaper prices than others. Some of the beans that they JUST added to their store are a bit more expensive than their previous offerings, but still cheaper than other roasters. And $40 for free shipping is easy to hit.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.I live close to social coffee in GTA so usually they are my go-to, plus green bean from toronto downtown’s Everyday gourmet, if I am roasting myself. Will try it after my current stock runs out.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Slashon wrote: It's covered by Vancity, I checked with another business. (So you don't need to feel guilty, not for Argo anyways)
Yup, will try it later even without the code. Thanks for confirming
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
anshiren wrote: No worry, thanks for posting it anyway.

There is another thread on this and Agro was mentioned numerous times there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)