Hot Deals

Locked: [Ai Sushi] Ai Sushi 50% off for all First Responders (Markham)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 8:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2007
1110 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto

Ai Sushi 50% off for all First Responders (Markham)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ai Sushi
As a fellow first responder that tests for COVID19, I'd like to give my contribution to everyone who's working their butts off. From Ai Sushi's Facebook page:

AiSushi is proud to announce that we will be supporting the community amid the COVID-19 crisis. Starting from today, all first responders (doctors, nurses, paramedics, police, and firefighters) will be entitled to 50% discount for takeout across all locations when their professional identification card is presented. We would like to take this opportunity and thank those who worked hard in helping and saving our community. A heartfelt thank you from Ai Sushi. Stay safe everyone!

Please understand that we are unable to extend this offer to other frontline workers at this time. All businesses have been hit very hard during this pandemic. However, we are doing our best and wish to show some support to our community. We will be keeping other workers in mind who are also essential to the community. Hopefully we will be able to thank them in the future when our business is not suffering from such financial lost.

#HealthCareHeroes #FrontlineHeroes #ThankYou #Gratitude #ThankaDoctor #ThankaPolice #StayatHome

It doesn't say how long the deal is but 50% off is sweet for sushi :). Seems be on both their Scarborough, Markham, and Richmond Hill pages.

Scarborough: 5103 Sheppard Ave East
Markham: 210-5990 16th Ave
Richmond Hill: 1-10650 Leslie St
Last edited by dairyboi on Apr 3rd, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Share:
91 replies
Jan 25, 2012
135 posts
37 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Extremely offended by this as I’m a front line worker just as much as those doctors and nurses. I’m a xray /ct technologist. Without the xray or ct scans , the doctors are basically blinded. New doctors are probably even worst in terms of clinically diagnosing patients as they are train to rely heavily on diagnostic test to find out what’s wrong. AI sushi has always been one of my favourite take out sushi but don’t like how they are discrediting other front line workers like this.

Edit: I see a lot of people think of my rant here as a sense of entitlement, and think I’m crying because of the stupid 50% discount. Let me be clear, this was not about the discount, I do not go out at all or be in contact with anyone , even greatly minimized my contact with my family who I live with because I would consider myself as a high risk personnel. So I don’t intend to take advantage of any of these deals even if it applies to me because I want to do my part and minimize the risk to the public. I felt offended because of the lack of recognition for our role. Either it be xray techs, or RT, we are in DIRECT contact with Covid patients, and in case some ignorant people don’t understand what direct contact means, it means are are actually touching these patients and working in less than a meter away from the patient to operate our machines in a DAILY basis. And I would want to say not all nurses and doctors are at high risk right now, it depends what area they work. The greatest risk is ICU, emergency and ward nurses. Same with doctors, you think a plastic doctor right now is at the same level of risk as a emergency doctor?

And yes I am grateful that I still have a job but every penny I earn as a xray tech is my hard earn money. I didn’t make my salary from sitting there and playing on my phone.

And lastly I do appreciate business that are doing this kind of promo, but the point of this promo is to show appreciation. If it’s hard to sustain 50% , you can do it at 20% off and people would still be happy. So I was just offended at how they title doctors and nurses , paramedic, police officer and firefighters are the first respondent .

Enough said, I hope the argument about this stops here. Enjoy the deal for those who can.
Last edited by teelin on Apr 4th, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2007
1110 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
teelin wrote: Extremely offended by this as I’m a front line worker just as much as those doctors and nurses. I’m a xray /ct technologist. Without the xray or ct scans , the doctors are basically blinded. New doctors are probably even worst in terms of clinically diagnosing patients as they are train to rely heavily on diagnostic test to find out what’s wrong. AI sushi has always been one of my favourite take out sushi but don’t like how they are discrediting other front line workers like this.
I do agree with you as well - a lot of people in our such professions do not get even the slightest mention in media. Hopefully they'll change/edit their promotion but sadly in the mean time I may not even be able to get it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1662 posts
836 upvotes
Guys did you even read what they said? They said that they wish they could extend it to all front line staff but their business is suffering already. I actually think they should be commended. And people wonder why people don't do anything nice anymore...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2645 posts
932 upvotes
Kingston
At the risk of sounding like a broken record there’s also grocery checkout people and others that deserve these breaks. Many of them are working on minimum wage and these people keep us fed and healthy.
Jun 21, 2011
686 posts
646 upvotes
Vancouver
location in title please.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3682 posts
1436 upvotes
Don't forget the pharmacists as well.

Their retail locations attract people who are sick and I've yet to hear of any company (Shoppers, Rexall, grocery stores) which have provided any protection for any of them. No plexiglass, no masks and pharmacists are still providing life saving medications for more than just COVID19.

I love AiSushi and I'm glad they're doing this nonetheless. Nursing staff, paramedics and physicians are inherently getting right into people's personal space to treat them and without question, they are putting themselves and their families at risk.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4174 posts
872 upvotes
halcyon wrote: Don't forget the pharmacists as well.

Their retail locations attract people who are sick and I've yet to hear of any company (Shoppers, Rexall, grocery stores) which have provided any protection for any of them. No plexiglass, no masks and pharmacists are still providing life saving medications for more than just COVID19.

I love AiSushi and I'm glad they're doing this nonetheless. Nursing staff, paramedics and physicians are inherently getting right into people's personal space to treat them and without question, they are putting themselves and their families at risk.
My local Shoppers has Plexiglas for the pharmacist .
Dec 16, 2010
692 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
teelin wrote: Extremely offended by this as I’m a front line worker just as much as those doctors and nurses. I’m a xray /ct technologist. Without the xray or ct scans , the doctors are basically blinded. New doctors are probably even worst in terms of clinically diagnosing patients as they are train to rely heavily on diagnostic test to find out what’s wrong. AI sushi has always been one of my favourite take out sushi but don’t like how they are discrediting other front line workers like this.
I guess they are better off not doing anything as to not upset someone. These poor places can never win. They try to help, upset someone and it turns to a negative situation.

Why didn't they offer it to the security guards at the hospital? They are just as exposed... Or so many other occupations..

Burn the place to the ground! How dare they?!?! Everyone should be so offended!!!

Sigh...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9156 posts
7578 upvotes
Markham
moofur wrote: Guys did you even read what they said? They said that they wish they could extend it to all front line staff but their business is suffering already. I actually think they should be commended. And people wonder why people don't do anything nice anymore...
I recently bought from them a couple days ago. I am not sure how their business is suffering. when I went to pick up my order, there was like 20+ orders ready for pick up.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2661 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not a first responder and never tried AI Sushi but I respect any company who is willing to take a cut to provide for whoever they can. Especially restaurants, who have been hit pretty hard during this pandemic...... So, although it sucks that they can't provide for everyone in front line services, I think its unnecessary and uncalled for to get so aggressive over it(see the comments on their facebook post :facepalm: :facepalm: ). Remember, these are people who also have to feed their family and try to provide income for whoever they can still employ in their company.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1448 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah they should just stop doing these promos. Even if they extend the job categories a little, it will always miss another category. Help one person, and the next person says "what about me?" Just makes them not wanna help anybody all together.
CPU: Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz GPU: RTX 2080 Super RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 Case: CM StormTrooper SSD: 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Monitor: ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Dec 13, 2009
91 posts
53 upvotes
Come on, they apologized that they can't offer the deal to everyone. Even the people sitting at home in isolation deserve cheap sushi to help cope but that's not realistic. They drew the line where they thought was reasonable. Props to them for trying, can't please everyone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2007
1110 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
My apologies but I generated this thread just as how I saw the Starbucks thread for their promotion.

If I had offended anyone I sincerely apologize as this was not my intention but rather to share with the community.
Nov 25, 2016
528 posts
387 upvotes
Burnaby
I hope the banks allow tap for all card machines, even for small businesses by at least temporarily not charging their ludicrous transaction fees. But then again even Walmart still doesn't have tap.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)