Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

25% off base fares to all destinations

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 12:54 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1962 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: "I have to report to prison" is my go to excuse. Usually ends the conversation right there.
Especially effective when dealing w/ SiriusXM
That is far from the same thing as cancellation of an airline ticket.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
LarryT778370 wrote: They raised the price LOL.. June 2020 from YYZ To NRT was like $600 or something, now it's 1400
Still around but availability is VERY slim. Screenshot is without discount as well sitting at $573
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 1.31.51 AM.png
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Second wave of COVID is almost certain to come in Fall/Winter (Italy is already on the cusp of it, with a 38% higher rate lately, compared to previous few months), so I would absolutely not make any plans to travel by airplane, especially outside of Canada.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5844 upvotes
Toronto
donttoewsmebro wrote: Still around but availability is VERY slim. Screenshot is without discount as well sitting at $573
Yeah.. only pre March.. anything after that is over 1300+.. I checked yesterday, it was still like $600-ish..
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
LarryT778370 wrote: Yeah.. only pre March.. anything after that is over 1300+.. I checked yesterday, it was still like $600-ish..
Weird because with this promo biz is back down to $2300. I thought maybe they would raise econ price it just slightly enough to bring it back down to ~600 with this promo not jack it way up comparatively speaking.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5844 upvotes
Toronto
donttoewsmebro wrote: Weird because with this promo biz is back down to $2300. I thought maybe they would raise econ price it just slightly enough to bring it back down to ~600 with this promo not jack it way up comparatively speaking.
Yeah.., no one will book Y for $1400.. Something went wrong in their pricing system I think.. Even pre-covid 19, $1400 is a lot
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
212 upvotes
I dont think AC realizes this promo they’re running is causing more destruction to their already crumbling pillars. They best pull this promo immediately and just pretend it never existed - much like they’ve done with all their customers of recent times
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2008
1219 posts
938 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: The cancellation policy that they have in place for COVID when you buy the ticket is always attached to it. They can change the policy (which AC has done a few times) then new tickets will fall under the new rules while old tickets still hold their own policy.
That would be ethical, but the Canadian Airlines are not acting ethically in this situation. They state that because of pandemic, they can change their previous policies and even the law. The worst part is, our government and the Canadian Transportation Agency, which is an independent tribunal, support them. Other countries are forcing their airlines to do the right thing and offer refunds instead of voucher which expire soon:

Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2054 posts
3040 upvotes
Airdrie
I needed this to get my flight back to Berta... come to Ontario they said, itll be fun they said, only $233 they said.
Oh you want to go home and spend your money elsewhere, that'll be $523 to go home. After the 25% off it was still $383 to fly back in September.

Edited: my apologies.
Last edited by mcwilly on Aug 19th, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 17, 2007
357 posts
270 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
mcwilly wrote:
Aircanada and Westjet are under the same umbrella corporation now, so there really are no other options for domestic flight. Prices, policies, planes all the same. Swoop and flair have really oddball airports they fly into/out of.
Please don't post things about which you know nothing!
Air Canada and WestJet are NOT under the same umbrella company.
Swoop IS part of WestJet though...
Feb 17, 2019
292 posts
614 upvotes
I'm here for the free corona! You want corona? You got corona! Who else wants corona? 25% off... Get it while it's hot!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
ichibansan wrote: That is far from the same thing as cancellation of an airline ticket.
Your falling to see the point. The chap is unfortunately SOL...
IMO these days unless your flying to see family, its a gamble to book anything vacation related.

Been working remote non-stop since March, only leave the house for groceries and am starting to feel like Tyson before Tyson/Holyfield II.
Am seeing a lot of attractive 5star caribbean vacation offers for Christmas that I would normally jump on... just can't b.c who knows whats will happen in 4 months from now.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1962 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Your falling to see the point. The chap is unfortunately SOL...
IMO these days unless your flying to see family, its a gamble to book anything vacation related.

Been working remote non-stop since March, only leave the house for groceries and am starting to feel like Tyson before Tyson/Holyfield II.
Am seeing a lot of attractive 5star caribbean vacation offers for Christmas that I would normally jump on... just can't b.c who knows whats will happen in 4 months from now.
True observation about working from home, but how exactly does your comment fit into travel planning?
"I have to report to prison" is my go to excuse. Usually ends the conversation right there.
Especially effective when dealing w/ SiriusXM
Dec 7, 2015
123 posts
219 upvotes
Edmonton
MeatJuice wrote: Thought it was that if ‘they cancel’ your flight then you’ll get a refund, but if they reschedule you then that’d what you get or the option for ‘you to cancel; and get a gift card voucher or AP points instead
They do sell fully refundable fares. The gift card voucher is just for the fares that are normally nonrefundable
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
ChampGHG wrote:
You get 1 guess why. Bailouts. There have been no bailouts in Canada. If anyone is to blame for the no refund policy, that would be the canadian government.
Just like everything else. The government has been giving it to every Canadian (real Canadians, not those that come here illegally and get treated and supported better than an actual citizens) in the pooper for decades and decades. The liberals being in power just makes the problem 100x worse.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
sammjm wrote: am i missing something?
Code only works on AC flights. AC doesn't fly directly to BEY. You would need to take a partner airline as part of your journey which then makes it so you cannot use the code.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)