• Jul 23rd, 2020 7:36 am
[OP]
Jan 8, 2012
645 posts
428 upvotes
Williams Lake

[Air Canada] Aeroplan/Air Canada Summer Miles Offer 30% back/100% bonus

Aeroplan Summer Miles Program

Offer of either points back on Aeroplan bookings or bonus Aeroplan points on Air Canada bookings.

Must book by August 4th, 2020, and travel by September 30th, 2020.

Only eligible for bookings made for Air Canada flights.

BONUS:
100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded for the purchase of the following Eligible Fares: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude.

150% Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded for the purchase of the following Eligible Fares: Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge; Business Class lowest; and Business Class flexible.

or

POINTS BACK:
30% Aeroplan Miles will be credited back on an Eligible Flight Reward booked in an Economy class.

35% Aeroplan Miles will be credit back on an Eligible Flight Reward booked in a Premium Economy class.

40% Aeroplan Miles will be credited back on an Eligible Flight Reward booked in Business Class.
23 replies
Oct 11, 2015
12 posts
1 upvote
Pickering, ON
I wonder if many people will use this. Also, I wonder which option would be best: bonus or points back?
Dec 12, 2012
216 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
For Aeroplan redemption the 50% points back was definitely the better deal but if anyone missed it you can take advantage of 30% off Aeroplan redemption.
Feb 5, 2012
174 posts
217 upvotes
Woodbridge
Blows my mind that people are willing to consider travelling by plane by September 2020. Especially since Air Canada decided to eliminate the social distancing with the vacant middle seat. No thank you.

Wake me up when September ends.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1105 posts
781 upvotes
VANCOUVER
floyder70 wrote: Blows my mind that people are willing to consider travelling by plane by September 2020. Especially since Air Canada decided to eliminate the social distancing with the vacant middle seat. No thank you.

Wake me up when September 2021 ends.
Corrected your post.

Honestly, I wish we could travel now, but a minority of Canadians ruin it for the majority. As for the US, the majority are in denial.
Dec 7, 2015
77 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
b31770 wrote: Corrected your post.

Honestly, I wish we could travel now, but a minority of Canadians ruin it for the majority. As for the US, the majority are in denial.
Buddy keep living in disproportionate fear. You're facing forward on a plane with everyone wearing a mask and a better air filtration system than any grocery store youve been going to over the past 4 months.

I've been watching the news closely and although they've detected people that have flown with covid19, i havent seen one article showing that this actually led to an outbreak with other passengers.

Flying, especially within Canada, seems by all accounts to be quite an organized and safe experience. Security lines empty, airports empty, seats beside you most likely empty since planes are about half full. Had no problems going to YVR and back last month.
Nov 24, 2018
160 posts
207 upvotes
The Aeroplan side is not as good as the 50% return earlier this year, but still good for people who missed it. And good that they are including something for people who book cash fares, as well.
Nov 24, 2018
160 posts
207 upvotes
floyder70 wrote: Blows my mind that people are willing to consider travelling by plane by September 2020. Especially since Air Canada decided to eliminate the social distancing with the vacant middle seat. No thank you.

There are certainly places that are quite safe to travel to, especially domestically. Within the Atlantic provinces, for example.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3380 posts
2628 upvotes

leaving the middle seat empty is meaningless in terms of reducing risk. i mean do you think 17 inches is going to make a difference? the mandatory masks is the difference maker

within canada with how low the cases are, I don't see anymore risk hoping on a plane than going to eat at a restaurant or going to the gym etc.
Feb 5, 2012
174 posts
217 upvotes
Woodbridge
StatsGuy wrote: leaving the middle seat empty is meaningless in terms of reducing risk. i mean do you think 17 inches is going to make a difference? the mandatory masks is the difference maker

within canada with how low the cases are, I don't see anymore risk hoping on a plane than going to eat at a restaurant or going to the gym etc.
Yes. I do believe 17 inches will make a difference. I'll take every single inch away from another human being that I can get in the middle of this pandemic.

I agree that going to restaurants and gyms can be just as risky as flying. Which is why I don't plan on going to restaurants or gyms anytime soon. I spent a fair amount of money building a home gym and it's serving my needs.

I also wouldn't send my children to school in September if I had any.

The government can open up whatever they want based on their various phases. It's up to you to decide if it's safe for you and your family.

What's the worst that can happen if you're overtly careful during this pandemic? You miss out on dining experiences? You miss out on vacations?

What's the worst that can happen if you're overtly reckless during this pandemic?
Jul 14, 2014
157 posts
398 upvotes
Markham
terrbear wrote: For Aeroplan redemption the 50% points back was definitely the better deal but if anyone missed it you can take advantage of 30% off Aeroplan redemption.
40% off business or 30% off economy is a better deal
Since this time around it’s not restricted to North America only.

Example: YYZ-TOKYO Buiness 75K - 40% = 45,000 points which is absolutely a steal for a non stop flight to Asia
Dec 25, 2006
205 posts
31 upvotes
The fine print states that it is with Air Canada flights only. I am guessing low tax airlines like Turkish are not part of the deal which really kills it for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1577 posts
854 upvotes

Can you point to one flight, anywhere in the world, linked to an outbreak of cases? No? Stop spreading fear.
Aug 12, 2014
195 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kingsha wrote: The fine print states that it is with Air Canada flights only. I am guessing low tax airlines like Turkish are not part of the deal which really kills it for me.
you can fly to japan where the fuel surcharge is regulated, but you have to make sure that you can enter the country otherwise it is meaningless.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1057 posts
801 upvotes
Everywhere
ChampGHG wrote: Buddy keep living in disproportionate fear. You're facing forward on a plane with everyone wearing a mask and a better air filtration system than any grocery store youve been going to over the past 4 months.

I've been watching the news closely and although they've detected people that have flown with covid19, i havent seen one article showing that this actually led to an outbreak with other passengers.

Flying, especially within Canada, seems by all accounts to be quite an organized and safe experience. Security lines empty, airports empty, seats beside you most likely empty since planes are about half full. Had no problems going to YVR and back last month.
While airplanes may have a better filtration/sanitation system than grocery stores, it's still an enclosed area with people packed closely together, and you're spending hours near them. A grocery store is bigger, with (sometimes) fewer people spread out, and you're spending an hour in there, tops.

That said, the most recent uptick in cases is being mostly attributed to young people having house parties, and/or bars. With little to no socialization on a plane and everyone wearing masks, the risk is lower, but not nil. It's up to everyone to determine if they're comfortable traveling.