Travel

Air Canada- COVID-19 coverage at no extra cost

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 2:01 pm
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
212 upvotes
Be careful trusting these insurance policies. Travel insurance have always had a reputation for exercising their rights to their extent to deny your claims due to the smallest detail that infracts their procedures and policies.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2016
2240 posts
2272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MyNameWasTaken wrote: It's funny because Allianz is generally regarded as one of the better ones. They are actually a German based company.

Right now MasterCard and Visa are gaining a lot of goodwill, and chargebacks are taking the limelight for those who didn't know about it.
Allianz is only the administrator, and TD was the underwriter. And TD instructed them to deny.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
WinterSleep wrote: Allianz is only the administrator, and TD was the underwriter. And TD instructed them to deny.
That makes more sense, so Allianz takes the reputation hit shitty. But the one with the guy who was denied coverage before covid was all Allianz I believe.
Last edited by Guest8827364441 on Sep 17th, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
MeatJuice wrote: Be careful trusting these insurance policies. Travel insurance have always had a reputation for exercising their rights to their extent to deny your claims due to the smallest detail that infracts their procedures and policies.
I've never had to use travel insurance before and they really dropped the ball. Both travel and auto are going to get even more regulations their way after their attitude during covid. There is a class action against TD right now. They may win in the short term, but they if you're persistent they will lose in the long-term.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2016
2240 posts
2272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MyNameWasTaken wrote: That makes more sense, so Allianz takes the reputation hit shitty. But the one with the guy who was denied coverage before covid was all Allianz I believe.
Well TD pulled through by fighting on my behalf to get the charge back approved by Visa International and denied airline's case.

However, it shows me how you cannot trust insurance companies. Especially the non-regulated ones like travel. Travel = RISK.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1982 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
coolspot wrote: But they won't offer refunds... so no travel for me until things settle down.
Yup have to fight with them for months when they keep saying they are working on it. Finally got my CC compnay on the call with them doing a 3 way call. Threatening them if I don't get a refund now I am filing a chargeback. Within 5mins the agent on the phone was able to do a full refund.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
coolspot wrote: But they won't offer refunds... so no travel for me until things settle down.
that's really the only point that should matter right now.

you can get the best deal ever from AC, but if they can just put it off and give you a voucher that expires in 12 months when the flight prices get jacked back up again, is it really worth it to have hundreds of dollars tied up? you're just giving them an interest free loan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)