Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada Black Friday

Air Canada Cyber Monday 20-30% off Canada/US/Sun, $50 off RT elsewhere

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2022 12:11 am
Jul 28, 2009
195 posts
213 upvotes
Savesavesavesave wrote: If you bought the tickets with the promo code enabled (and didn't actually yield the savings), you can call AC and they will refund you the % that you should've gotten. That's what they did for me. Annoying and sketchy, but there you have it.
How long was your hold time? Ain't no one got time to be on hold with AC customer service jerks for 3 hours to get told off by some karen unionized employee.

Why is Air Canada so exceptionally bad at customer service? It seems pathological for them. Something is not right with this company. Like what is the point of this bullsh*t sale where it seems their coupon code just doesn't work for many of the supposed routes it's supposed to.

This what happens when a company has no competition.
Aug 4, 2015
50 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Such bullshit. Bring up the prices so that it goes back to whatever it was 2 days ago.

Still had to buy (no alternates on the route I fly)... I hate myself for giving these "marketers" validation on their stupid schemes.
Feb 8, 2011
348 posts
517 upvotes
Calgary
go leafs wrote: Not sure if they jacked up the prices first, but no blackout dates is nice

Edit - I refreshed and the prices to Tokyo went up by $400-700... thanks AC
yup. I hate AC pricing. I was literally waiting for this weekend to book, but they jacked up the prices instead... for Black Friday...

Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Savesavesavesave wrote: Guys, the coupon codes don't work. If you search in one browser with the promo entered, and one without the promo entered: it's the same price.

I went ahead and bought some tickets I needed to get, I used the promo, the site said the price reflects the promo, but the price was the same as if I hadn't entered the promo at all.

I'm on the phone with AC right now about this -- currently on hold after speaking to an agent.

Edit: The AC agent refunded me 25% of the base fare of the tickets I bought, since the promo code wasn't working. Kind of kicking myself to not buy when it was 30% (I had it ready to go, but the promo confusion hindered me).
How long was you on hold to wait to talk to an agent?
I was trying to call and it said the wait time is 1 hr plus! what?!
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2002
1952 posts
137 upvotes
Belleville
onedot34 wrote: yup. I hate AC pricing. I was literally waiting for this weekend to book, but they jacked up the prices instead... for Black Friday...

I feel like that should be sent to the Competition Bureau... Sportchek had to pay almost $2 million for deceptive "sales"
https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/compet ... ling-price
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/forzan ... t-1.517222
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How long was you on hold to wait to talk to an agent?
on average? 3hrs.
that isn't too bad; wait until you need them more when they change your booking 5 hrs before departure.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Seanne wrote: on average? 3hrs.
that isn't too bad; wait until you need them more when they change your booking 5 hrs before departure.
What the f....?
3 hrs?
I thought Rogers was bad. I was being naive.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Jun 27, 2012
342 posts
301 upvotes
I want a refund on the time I wasted in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
Wolfdale wrote: Omg wtf?
Just tested this myself and...
Via Google for 2x pax, rt: $1,264
Via AC w/o code for 2x pax, rt: $1,510
Via AC w code for 2x pax, rt: $1,139

Wowwww
Can we find a way to activate the 30% on the google linkthrough to AC??
Typically, Google automatically applies any available promotion code.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
newfbc wrote: Typically, Google automatically applies any available promotion code.

Ron.
You might be onto it...
I think Google is applying the 20% off coupon code...

The prices are still elevated compared to when I looked at the flights a few days ago, but yeah.. 1 spot check shows that the google total matches the 20% off AC total.
Oct 29, 2014
126 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rafiki6 wrote: How long was your hold time? Ain't no one got time to be on hold with AC customer service jerks for 3 hours to get told off by some karen unionized employee.

Why is Air Canada so exceptionally bad at customer service? It seems pathological for them. Something is not right with this company. Like what is the point of this bullsh*t sale where it seems their coupon code just doesn't work for many of the supposed routes it's supposed to.

This what happens when a company has no competition.
I called at 7am and was first in line. Refund happened during the call. I know it sucks, but, just sharing knowledge here. I got the deal in the end, but the way it happened was bogus.
Oct 29, 2014
126 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How long was you on hold to wait to talk to an agent?
I called at 7am and got an agent right away. Refund (of sale difference - 25%) happened during the call.
Jan 22, 2021
63 posts
172 upvotes
22CYBER20 is giving more of a discount than the 30% off and the 25% was giving me earlier. I tried calling air Canada to explain to them my code may not have been applied this morning and they said it was, which was definitely not true.

Waiting to cancel my first flight or see if the can credit me the difference.

Same flight right after OP post at 30% was $422, after 8am with 25% off $430, now at 20% off $407.00. Hoping they can deduct the discount correctly and credit me the overall difference and I cancel the second flight as in order to book it I couldn’t link it to aeroplan.

Really didn’t want to book a second ticket but the wait time for calling is now 1hr 30 mins to 2 hrs.

Goggle flights was showing $439 for the same flight all day air Canada hiked price on the actual website seems to now be removed, not sure if this is for all destinations

Update: callback took 2 hours, poor customer service just suggested I cancelled the tickets. I decided to cancel my 25% off ticket and keep the 20% off ticket since it was more discounted. Really reminded me why I don’t travel Air Canada.
Dec 23, 2018
133 posts
224 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Typically, Google automatically applies any available promotion code.

Ron.
i don't think that's the case, i have been getting the same prices from google for 2 weeks now, while the AC website prices change constantly but always more expensive.
Aug 26, 2015
308 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wolfdale wrote: Yea, but this doesn’t explain why suddenly there’s a discrepancy between the AC checkout page for a flight set up via Google Flights, and the AC checkout page when you go through the AC website to set up your booking.

You can’t set up a coupon going via the Google Flights page, but you can when you go through AC. And going through AC leads to a higher price precoupon.
I was by no means defending the shady pricing tactics. I was suggesting that deals may not be as hot as they appear in this case. Buyer beware.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
Coupon price was more expensive then without lol...