Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Air Canada Spring Worldwide Seat Sale (Apr. 29)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 11:38 am
[OP]
Sep 24, 2001
594 posts
77 upvotes
Thornhill

[Air Canada] Air Canada Spring Worldwide Seat Sale (Apr. 29)

Hey All,

Air Canada is having a seat sale, I saved $400 per ticket on flights to HKG. I originally booked flights back in Jan, but it was worth it for me to cancel and rebook.

example YYZ-HKG non-stop (Child 2-12 yo) ticket
Jan -> $1267
Apr -> $867

check it out.

Seats are limited and subject to availability.
All prices displayed are in Canadian dollars, per person, and include air transportation charges and taxes, fees and charges.
The complete breakdown of your fare, with all surcharges, taxes, fees and charges is available on the Review Flight Details page.
Fees for optional services are available on our Baggage Fees and Optional Services page.
Certain international destinations may have taxes, fees or charges that must be paid at the point of origin or at departure. Please contact the nearest foreign government office of the country/region you plan to visit for definitive, up-to-date information.
Some itineraries may require connections. Itineraries for which direct flights exist may also be offered through connections, which may have higher or different total prices due to varying air transportation charges as well as taxes, fees and charges.
Unless otherwise stated, flights are operated by: Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge® or an Air Canada Express® partner airline (Jazz Aviation LP, Sky Regional Airlines Inc., Air Georgian or Exploits Valley Air Services); a Star Alliance® member such as Lufthansa, United or Swiss; or a United Express partner airline (Cape Air, CommutAir, ExpressJet, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airlines, SkyWest Airlines, Trans States Airlines).

Canadian destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY.
U.S. destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY.
SUN destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY. Fares are subject to government approval. A surcharge may apply for weekend travel. Final price may vary given different connection points.
International destinations: Fares indicated are ROUND-TRIP (Unless otherwise indicated). Fares are subject to government approval. A surcharge may apply for weekend travel. Final price may vary given different connection points.

Baggage policy – Economy Class :
Travel within Canada:
A fee of up to $30* CAD per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* is charged for the second checked bag.

Transborder travel between Canada and the U.S. (includes Hawaii):
A fee of up to $30* (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* (CAD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and the U.S. See complete details on baggage allowance at aircanada.com/baggage A different fee may be charged for checked bags by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate

Caribbean & Mexico:
A fee of up to $30* (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* (CAD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and the Caribbean and Mexico. A different fee may be charged for checked bag by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate.

International travel:
A fee of up to $100 (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and most international destinations (exceptions may apply). See complete details on baggage allowance at aircanada.com/baggage. A different fee may be charged for checked bags by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate.

* Exception: Tickets issued before August 21st, 2018 or travel before October 5th, 2018: 1st bag $25 / 2nd bag $35 (CAD/USD) per direction.
17 replies
Dec 23, 2007
65 posts
6 upvotes
Gatineau
Can you tell the dates and time and location you got your $867 air ticket to Hong Kong?

Thanks
Aug 24, 2015
158 posts
567 upvotes
AB
I would also recommend using an app like Hopper so you can set notifications when the flights you want are below a certain price and can track price trends. Seat sale prices for when I want to travel (YEG to HKG in Nov) are quite higher than they were in February.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15415 posts
1293 upvotes
Scarborough
this sale is a joke. it's $300 more than when i booked when it wasn't a sale last week
[OP]
Sep 24, 2001
594 posts
77 upvotes
Thornhill
arsenic wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:06 am
Can you tell the dates and time and location you got your $867 air ticket to Hong Kong?

Thanks
Mid July to August. Just to clarify. That was for a child ticket. $1080 was the quote for full fare.

I am using my aeroplan points for adult tickets and only paid for children tickets
Last edited by zackweed on Apr 24th, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2001
594 posts
77 upvotes
Thornhill
actng wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:55 am
this sale is a joke. it's $300 more than when i booked when it wasn't a sale last week
It depends on how many cheap seats are left.

When I booked the $867 and called to cancel, the csr saw a price of $1087. I also saw $1087 on another browser page. Then I release the hold on the cheap seats. Then the csr refreshed the page and got the $867 price.

So it’s not completely bs. It’s all dependent on availability of cheap seats.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3332 posts
79 upvotes
I've been keeping my eyes out for travel to Korea and Japan since January.
This sale has seen a drop in prices from the last couple of weeks. But they were cheaper back in January.
But keep in mind, the rise of price of oil since January.
Also, keep in mind the dropping of the Canadian dollar.
I bought my tickets yesterday for travel in October. I don't see prices going down in the near future.

Best thing you can do is play with the dates. There will be variation of prices based on the number of tickets sold already.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Apr 6, 2017
343 posts
407 upvotes
Some of these "Sale" prices are insanely high. Its worse than a sale at Canadian Tire.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1185 posts
197 upvotes
Bedford
I expect that the Max 8 grounding won't help keep prices down...
Dec 14, 2018
39 posts
1 upvote
If you dont mind me asking, how much was the cost of the flight?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10787 posts
975 upvotes
Blunt wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:18 pm
I've been keeping my eyes out for travel to Korea and Japan since January.
This sale has seen a drop in prices from the last couple of weeks. But they were cheaper back in January.
But keep in mind, the rise of price of oil since January.
Also, keep in mind the dropping of the Canadian dollar.
I bought my tickets yesterday for travel in October. I don't see prices going down in the near future.

Best thing you can do is play with the dates. There will be variation of prices based on the number of tickets sold already.
Which flights did you buy? Looking to go to Seoul Sep/OCT and I notice that the Japan flights are typically a lot cheaper than seoul. I'm wondering if it may be economical to buy a good flight to Japan and find some cheaper airline to travel back and forth from korea.

Also considering to buy cathay to stopover in hong kong a couple days each way. the airline cost comes out cheaper than a direct flight to Seoul.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3332 posts
79 upvotes
slowtyper wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:02 pm
Which flights did you buy? Looking to go to Seoul Sep/OCT and I notice that the Japan flights are typically a lot cheaper than seoul. I'm wondering if it may be economical to buy a good flight to Japan and find some cheaper airline to travel back and forth from korea.

Also considering to buy cathay to stopover in hong kong a couple days each way. the airline cost comes out cheaper than a direct flight to Seoul.
I'm flying multicity.. yyz to Seoul Incheon and leaving from Tokyo Haneda back to Toronto.

To get from Seoul to Tokyo, I will probably take a flight on Peach Airways which is a discount Japanese airline.
Subscribe to their newsletter to find out when they have sales.
I will be flying Incheon to Sapporo, then Sapporo Tokyo.
Last
Last year, I did Taipei to Okinawa via a Peach Air too.
There are a few different asian airlines, so just check skyscanner for flights.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1020 posts
81 upvotes
zackweed wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 10:35 am
Hey All,

Air Canada is having a seat sale, I saved $400 per ticket on flights to HKG. I originally booked flights back in Jan, but it was worth it for me to cancel and rebook.

example YYZ-HKG non-stop (Child 2-12 yo) ticket
Jan -> $1267
Apr -> $867

check it out.

Seats are limited and subject to availability.
All prices displayed are in Canadian dollars, per person, and include air transportation charges and taxes, fees and charges.
The complete breakdown of your fare, with all surcharges, taxes, fees and charges is available on the Review Flight Details page.
Fees for optional services are available on our Baggage Fees and Optional Services page.
Certain international destinations may have taxes, fees or charges that must be paid at the point of origin or at departure. Please contact the nearest foreign government office of the country/region you plan to visit for definitive, up-to-date information.
Some itineraries may require connections. Itineraries for which direct flights exist may also be offered through connections, which may have higher or different total prices due to varying air transportation charges as well as taxes, fees and charges.
Unless otherwise stated, flights are operated by: Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge® or an Air Canada Express® partner airline (Jazz Aviation LP, Sky Regional Airlines Inc., Air Georgian or Exploits Valley Air Services); a Star Alliance® member such as Lufthansa, United or Swiss; or a United Express partner airline (Cape Air, CommutAir, ExpressJet, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airlines, SkyWest Airlines, Trans States Airlines).

Canadian destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY.
U.S. destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY.
SUN destinations: Fares indicated are ONE-WAY. Fares are subject to government approval. A surcharge may apply for weekend travel. Final price may vary given different connection points.
International destinations: Fares indicated are ROUND-TRIP (Unless otherwise indicated). Fares are subject to government approval. A surcharge may apply for weekend travel. Final price may vary given different connection points.

Baggage policy – Economy Class :
Travel within Canada:
A fee of up to $30* CAD per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* is charged for the second checked bag.

Transborder travel between Canada and the U.S. (includes Hawaii):
A fee of up to $30* (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* (CAD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and the U.S. See complete details on baggage allowance at aircanada.com/baggage A different fee may be charged for checked bags by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate

Caribbean & Mexico:
A fee of up to $30* (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the first checked bag, and a fee of up to $50* (CAD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and the Caribbean and Mexico. A different fee may be charged for checked bag by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate.

International travel:
A fee of up to $100 (CAD/USD) per direction is charged for the second checked bag on flights between Canada and most international destinations (exceptions may apply). See complete details on baggage allowance at aircanada.com/baggage. A different fee may be charged for checked bags by Air Canada partners on the flights they operate.

* Exception: Tickets issued before August 21st, 2018 or travel before October 5th, 2018: 1st bag $25 / 2nd bag $35 (CAD/USD) per direction.
Thanks for the info! How much was the cancellation fee? Upto when can you cancel tickets with Air Canada.
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2001
594 posts
77 upvotes
Thornhill
bonita! wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 12:26 am
Thanks for the info! How much was the cancellation fee? Upto when can you cancel tickets with Air Canada.
Cancellation fee for my “non-refundable” tickets were $150 per ticket (-25% full fare of $200)

Also, FYI To change flights was normally $50 per direction, but $0 after 60 days. Changing flights won’t get the discount price, so I opted for buy and cancel.

Not sure how long you have to cancel.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4561 posts
613 upvotes
slowtyper wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:02 pm

Back in January I flew from Osaka to Seoul for about $100 if I remember correctly. It was probably Peach. It was 1 way
I am a Koodo customer