Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

Buy Aeroplan points and get a bonus of up to 100% points

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2021 10:18 pm
Feb 21, 2018
68 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto

[Air Canada] Buy Aeroplan points and get a bonus of up to 100% points

Hey Guys

Got this offer in my email, not sure if it's a good deal. Please comment and let me know

Get up to 100% bonus points on your purchase. This offer ends April 2, 2021.

Here's a shortened link: https://bit.ly/39azgY6

Buy 2,000 – 9,000 points, get a 60% bonus
Buy 10,000 – 45,000 points, get a 80% bonus
Buy 50,000 – 350,000 points, get a 100% bonus

An example, Buy 50,000 and get 50,000 points bonus for CAD 1500
aeroplan.JPG
Last edited by dontletmeshop13 on Mar 23rd, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
88 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1961 posts
2906 upvotes
Toronto
AnishD984845 wrote: Hey Guys

Got this offer in my email, not sure if it's a good deal. Please comment and let me know

Get up to 100% bonus points on your purchase. This offer ends April 2, 2021.

aeroplan.JPG
Depends on how you plan to use them. You might want to check Flyertalk Aeroplan forum
Jul 19, 2018
331 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
ichibansan wrote: Depends on how you plan to use them. You might want to check Flyertalk Aeroplan forum
Not a bad deal.

If you use your US credit card you can save on HST as well.

For people who dont know much about Aeroplan the full $10500 points purchase should be able to get your 4 return business class tickets to pretty much anywhere in the world. Of course if you know the program well you can get mini RTW or RTW flights as well.

You will still need to pay the taxes on the flights.
Nov 8, 2005
241 posts
534 upvotes
Halifax
IrfanP53614 wrote: Not a bad deal.

For people who dont know much about Aeroplan the full $10500 points purchase should be able to get your 4 return business class tickets to pretty much anywhere in the world. Of course if you know the program well you can get mini RTW or RTW flights as well.

I am pretty sure taxes are included now with the restructure of the program.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
Stewx wrote: I am pretty sure taxes are included now with the restructure of the program.
YQ are included. Airport fees and other government charges are not included.
Jul 19, 2018
331 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Stewx wrote: I am pretty sure taxes are included now with the restructure of the program.
Actually no the taxes and transportation charges are not included. Its the fuel surcharge that was imposed by AC and LH that was removed.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
Transactions made with US based credit cards with a US billing address are not subject to sales tax when purchasing Aeroplan points. This might be what IrfanP53614 meant.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa

not a bad deal? has there been a better deal before?
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was checking out iPads on their site.
The point is quite expensive even if you go for 100% bonuses.
i.e. iPad Air 64GB (retail price = $779) asks for 108,600PTS, while you have to pay $1,500 for 100,000PTS
Jan 21, 2012
409 posts
1124 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kyoxxx wrote: I was checking out iPads on their site.
The point is quite expensive even if you go for 100% bonuses.
i.e. iPad Air 64GB (retail price = $779) asks for 108,600PTS, while you have to pay $1,500 for 100,000PTS
If you plan to use Aeroplan points for merchandise or gift cards, then this is not for you.
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes

I don't plan on doing this, but I'm curious is there any website to easily find out how many points it is to get to specific places in series? I remember checking when the points change happened and it kinda seemed like for the most part points needed got raised. $1500 for 100k points seems god awful unless I'm missing something. Most flights seem to be 40k-60k, so you're really looking at a single round trip, but it's prob cheaper to buy the ticket normally.

Perhaps business is cheaper, but the economy seats seem like a bad value, even with this 100% bonus. Is the real play to do short haul flights after you arrive that are a whole lot cheaper, and stack that with a stop over each time? Not sure if they still offer stopovers on shorter trips though.

Either way I ask because I'm sitting at 90k atm, and don't want to use the points poorly.
Jul 19, 2018
331 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
john.canad wrote: not a bad deal? has there been a better deal before?
No better deals before. But there are creative ways to accumulate points instead of buying them outright. Nothing beats that route.
Jul 19, 2018
331 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
ryokoseigo wrote:
I don't plan on doing this, but I'm curious is there any website to easily find out how many points it is to get to specific places in series? I remember checking when the points change happened and it kinda seemed like for the most part points needed got raised. $1500 for 100k points seems god awful unless I'm missing something. Most flights seem to be 40k-60k, so you're really looking at a single round trip, but it's prob cheaper to buy the ticket normally.

Perhaps business is cheaper, but the economy seats seem like a bad value, even with this 100% bonus. Is the real play to do short haul flights after you arrive that are a whole lot cheaper, and stack that with a stop over each time? Not sure if they still offer stopovers on shorter trips though.

Either way I ask because I'm sitting at 90k atm, and don't want to use the points poorly.
Economy might not offer the best value unless you are looking to fly somewhere last minute. The best value is in business class fares. Look up prince of travel and you will find a lot of good information.
Mar 28, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Saint John
ryokoseigo wrote: I don't plan on doing this, but I'm curious is there any website to easily find out how many points it is to get to specific places in series? I remember checking when the points change happened and it kinda seemed like for the most part points needed got raised. $1500 for 100k points seems god awful unless I'm missing something. Most flights seem to be 40k-60k, so you're really looking at a single round trip, but it's prob cheaper to buy the ticket normally.

fly within North America, the rate for a round trip by aeroplane is only 25K, Hawaii not included, I have used this program every year tens of times until CoVID. So $1500 CAD for 100K points, can fly 4 round trip nation wide, Fuel surcharge and tax not included, for a round trip it is regularly an extra $200 CAD. so the maths is $1500+ 4 X 200= $2300 and 4 round trip flights. On average, 1 round trip $575, during the Covid, maybe just go buy the ticket, but if it is not the covid, it could be a lot.
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
Thanks, that website is very helpful. I'm still a lil confused on the whole flown distance, one way bound thing and how to take that into account while using aircanadas booking to see prices. But I'll prob figure it out.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
TonyT71712 wrote: fly within North America, the rate for a round trip by aeroplane is only 25K, Hawaii not included, I have used this program every year tens of times until CoVID. So $1500 CAD for 100K points, can fly 4 round trip nation wide, Fuel surcharge and tax not included, for a round trip it is regularly an extra $200 CAD. so the maths is $1500+ 4 X 200= $2300 and 4 round trip flights. On average, 1 round trip $575, during the Covid, maybe just go buy the ticket, but if it is not the covid, it could be a lot.
My goal is to aim for at least 1.5cents per point when redeeming. I just booked some flights from Alberta to Florida for next year and it worked out to 23,500 points per person plus tax/fees. There are no fuel surcharges anymore, but you do still pay the taxes and airport fees (you can spend extra points to cover all taxes and fees too, but it likely won't be worth it on a $/point basis). Overall it worked out to being around 1.7-1.8 cents/point of value that I got from this booking, so I was happy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
TonyT71712 wrote: fly within North America, the rate for a round trip by aeroplane is only 25K, Hawaii not included, I have used this program every year tens of times until CoVID. So $1500 CAD for 100K points, can fly 4 round trip nation wide, Fuel surcharge and tax not included, for a round trip it is regularly an extra $200 CAD. so the maths is $1500+ 4 X 200= $2300 and 4 round trip flights. On average, 1 round trip $575, during the Covid, maybe just go buy the ticket, but if it is not the covid, it could be a lot.
You should become familiar with the new Aeroplan program, so you can post correct info.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes

Yeah thanks for mentioning the US credit card to save on HST (I found out about it on the last promo they had for AP buying out) Its a lot to commit with the future of travel all up in the air though. The AP collected from the credit cards are still accumulating for over a year now. Besides not sure with Air Canada's future anyways each their own good promo if one redeem quick for a flight.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4472 upvotes
West
There seems to be different values/bonuses for the promo...

P1's account (25K, BC):
Buy 3,000 – 19,000 points, get a 60% bonus
Buy 20,000 – 55,000 points, get a 80% bonus
Buy 60,000 – 350,000 points, get a 100% bonus

P2's account (no status, ON) = identical to OP:

Not that it'll likely matter all that much, but still weird...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)