Travel

Air Canada Changes Passenger Name after Migration

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 2:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2017
140 posts
97 upvotes

Air Canada Changes Passenger Name after Migration

Did anyone found their names changed after Air Canada migrated to new system?

In my case, my name in the booking prior to the migration is FirstName LastName. After the migration, it becomes FirstNamemr LastName.

No idea why they have mr in the end of the first name. My guess is they messed up with titles.

Does anyone find the same? Any issue in boarding?
8 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36060 posts
10157 upvotes
Ottawa
EDTorontoMississauga wrote: Did anyone found their names changed after Air Canada migrated to new system?

In my case, my name in the booking prior to the migration is FirstName LastName. After the migration, it becomes FirstNamemr LastName.

No idea why they have mr in the end of the first name. My guess is they messed up with titles.

Does anyone find the same? Any issue in boarding?
I have mr at the end of my first name and my ticket is over 4 months old, long before the migration to a new system.
What it did though was change the booking reference. No notice of that and you only find out if you go to My Booking on Air Canada website.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2017
140 posts
97 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: I have mr at the end of my first name and my ticket is over 4 months old, long before the migration to a new system.
What it did though was change the booking reference. No notice of that and you only find out if you go to My Booking on Air Canada website.

I only found it out when I see bookings on mobile app.

Did it bring you trouble on boarding?
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36060 posts
10157 upvotes
Ottawa
EDTorontoMississauga wrote: I only found it out when I see bookings on mobile app.

Did it bring you trouble on boarding?
No. It is a Air Canada document.
My wife's ticket had mrs after her first name.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2017
140 posts
97 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: No. It is a Air Canada document.
My wife's ticket had mrs after her first name.
Great to know! Thank you! In such case, I would just leave with it and not to bother Air Canada for change. It’s impossible to get connected with them anyway.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36060 posts
10157 upvotes
Ottawa
EDTorontoMississauga wrote: Great to know! Thank you! In such case, I would just leave with it and not to bother Air Canada for change. It’s impossible to get connected with them anyway.
They are really messed up. I tried getting them at 1AM the other night and got the "we are experiencing long wait times, please call back later" message.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2017
140 posts
97 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: They are really messed up. I tried getting them at 1AM the other night and got the "we are experiencing long wait times, please call back later" message.
LMAO. I called them 2AM this morning and received the same recording...
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
1555 posts
1959 upvotes
EDTorontoMississauga wrote: Did anyone found their names changed after Air Canada migrated to new system?

In my case, my name in the booking prior to the migration is FirstName LastName. After the migration, it becomes FirstNamemr LastName.

No idea why they have mr in the end of the first name. My guess is they messed up with titles.

Does anyone find the same? Any issue in boarding?
This "issue" has been reported across multiple forums and probably affected hundreds if not thousands of passengers - it won't be an issue.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2017
140 posts
97 upvotes
robsaw wrote: This "issue" has been reported across multiple forums and probably affected hundreds if not thousands of passengers - it won't be an issue.
Good point!

Top