Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

convert Air Canada buddy pass to 30000 AP points

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2022 3:03 am
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MMMM wrote: the buddy pass is for new applications for Nov 8 2020 onwards

from Rewards Canada:
I switched my TD Aeroplan to a non-Aeroplan one in December. If I apply now do I qualify I wonder... Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: You managed to get 3 passes by applying for a card in all three categories? (Visa Infinite, Infinite Priv, Biz)?
p1 TD avi
p2 Td avi
p1 Cibc avi
p2 Cibc avi

Cancelled P1 Cibc avi before accepting.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
MMMM wrote: p1 TD avi
p2 Td avi
p1 Cibc avi
p2 Cibc avi

Interesting, per the T&Cs, if you already have the TD AVI, you wouldn't get the buddy pass from the CIBC AVI and vice versa.
Surprised it's either not enforced, or you somehow slipped through.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
p2 Td avi
p1 Cibc avi
p2 Cibc avi

pentiumvi wrote: Interesting, was under the impression that if you already have the TD AVI, you wouldn't get the buddy pass from the CIBC AVI and vice versa.
That was my impression too, 1 Buddy pass PER Type
TD or CIBC or both INFINITE = Core type = 1 pass
TD or CIBC or both PRIVILEGE = Premium type = 1 pass
Same for Small Business
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
When it says you can't have received the welcome bonus in the last 12 months, does it include previous welcome bonuses that were before the card change? I had the cibc aeroplan card before the change, but got rid of it. Actually according to my emails I got it late feb 2020, so by all accounts it should work again correct?
Apr 6, 2015
159 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jerryhung wrote: That was my impression too, 1 Buddy pass PER Type
Same for Small Business
So if I apply for both the Td and cibc infinite I only get 1 buddy pass but if I apply for 1 cibc infinite and 1 Td privilege I can get both passes? And will this potentially work for new applications?
Jan 26, 2020
254 posts
134 upvotes
p2 Td avi
p1 Cibc avi
p2 Cibc avi

Are buddy passes stackable in that case?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Red2hawk wrote: Are buddy passes stackable in that case?
Not supposed to per T&C
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
Dang 200k household income requirement for the TD Privilege card, guess I won't be getting that one... The CIBC business card is kinda risky, if the 30k points thing dies. I'm fine with 20k on the regular card, cuz well 1k spent is a joke, but 3k requires at least some effort, even in 4 months. I think the cibc business beats the TD one, just due to the 3k vs 5k spent thing.

Also for TD the application is just giving me the- call us message.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: That was my impression too, 1 Buddy pass PER Type
Same for Small Business
Agree with the above. We applied on Nov 7 after reading this post Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
mzmoney wrote: Hmm, sounds like TD and CIBC on same page with 10k points, as of tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada ... an_offers/

And you didn't have to stress, with applying early @ezequielfriscia. Received your new TD Card yet?

Last day for current Aero offers!!

If anyone's still procrastinating and going for it, best to apply early today, Nov 7th:)

from this thread link

Both CC companies auto converted the applications made on the 7 to the new cards. I was pissed as we wanted the old cards. Both CIBC and TD said new cards only but gave us some extra points as goodwill. Did not want the buddy pass as very little use for this product.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
ryokoseigo wrote: Dang 200k household income requirement for the TD Privilege card, guess I won't be getting that one... The CIBC business card is kinda risky, if the 30k points thing dies. I'm fine with 20k on the regular card, cuz well 1k spent is a joke, but 3k requires at least some effort, even in 4 months. I think the cibc business beats the TD one, just due to the 3k vs 5k spent thing.

Also for TD the application is just giving me the- call us message.
Anyone comment on what CIBC/TD requires for biz cards? I vaguely recall they ask for more supporting info compared to AMEX where one can typically declare sole proprietor.

And regarding the TD application, glad I'm not the only one, tried to click through an app earlier and kept getting the error.
Jan 30, 2017
748 posts
121 upvotes
icedtee wrote: Just called in to Aeroplan and they did it for me no problem. 10-14 business day wait.
When did u apply for your card?
Jan 30, 2017
748 posts
121 upvotes
MMMM wrote: the buddy pass is for new applications for Nov 8 2020 onwards

from Rewards Canada:
Where did u get the comment from rewards Canada? Is it something official td?
Mar 19, 2019
538 posts
1991 upvotes
Quebec
****!! Forgot to put 1k$ on it, I was busy on 2 other cards and well, 1k$ was suppose to happen pretty easily. Damn, 1 PS wasted like and amateur.
4 lines on Telus 280GB shared data including 1 CAN/US/MEX for $52/mo.
**Only the purchase of my bidet beats that deal**
Jun 6, 2008
447 posts
76 upvotes
Burlington
How long does it take to see the buddy pass on your aeroplan benefits? I received my bonus points for meeting the MSR and can see the bonus points deposited March 16, but no buddy pass yet. This is for the TD visa infinite which comes with a buddy pass after you meet the MSR.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2007
1015 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Shinigami wrote: How long does it take to see the buddy pass on your aeroplan benefits? I received my bonus points for meeting the MSR and can see the bonus points deposited March 16, but no buddy pass yet. This is for the TD visa infinite which comes with a buddy pass after you meet the MSR.
Just called TD and they said it will take up to 6 weeks to load the buddy pass into Aeroplan account after reaching the MSR.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3432 posts
658 upvotes
TD Aeroplan card as well. Points deposited Feb 22 and no buddy pass yet.
Oct 13, 2016
213 posts
172 upvotes
I'm in the same position as the 2 posters above. Got TD credit card in December, met minimum spend in January, no buddy pass listed in account yet.

Getting the run around where TD is saying to call Aeroplan and Aeroplan is saying to call TD.... Frustrating
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2007
1015 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
GlennButerol wrote: I'm in the same position as the 2 posters above. Got TD credit card in December, met minimum spend in January, no buddy pass listed in account yet.

Getting the run around where TD is saying to call Aeroplan and Aeroplan is saying to call TD.... Frustrating
So you are already over the 6 weeks waiting period for the buddy pass based on what TD said.

Aeroplan said TD should has the buddy pass loaded into Aeroplan account, just like the Aeroplan points is transferred from TD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)