Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Earn Air Canada Altitude P25K status after earning 50K Aeroplan miles. Pretty much any mile qualifies.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 3:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 24, 2005
1071 posts
717 upvotes
Calgary

[Air Canada] Earn Air Canada Altitude P25K status after earning 50K Aeroplan miles. Pretty much any mile qualifies.

Between April 20 and May 31, 2020, when you earn 50,000 Aeroplan Miles through everyday Travel at Home activities, including miles earned on your Aeroplan credit card, you'll receive Altitude Prestige 25K status valid through 2021.

Pretty hot deal considering you can transfer points and it qualifies. This would work if you do the 1:1 transfer from AMEX MR to Aeroplan.

Credit goes to reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada ... tus_after/
253 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2343 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
To confirm, if you have 50,000 Aeroplan points accumulated, you are not entitled to the equivalent bonus in the chart below:

Image

Really, what this may mean, is that if you collect any of the points in the Aeroplan Miles Earned column, you will get the bonus related to that mileage you received between April 20 and May 31, 2020? Correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2379 posts
1038 upvotes
Do you think status will be honored by whatever entity emerges from the inevitable bankruptcy of air canada?
Member
May 29, 2008
301 posts
505 upvotes
Halifax, NS
drunkgoat wrote: Do you think status will be honored by whatever entity emerges from the inevitable bankruptcy of air canada?
As far as airlines go, AC entered the Covid crisis with a very healthy balance sheet.
Sr. Member
Jun 16, 2009
504 posts
245 upvotes
Mississauga
In the event AC Files for Bankruptcy , Will all the Aeroplan Points Expire Automatically ?? If Air Canada gets aid, the Government of Canada should put in a clause, where the Points will not expire, even if they apply for Bankruptcy protection.
Newbie
Oct 21, 2006
28 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: As far as airlines go, AC entered the Covid crisis with a very healthy balance sheet.
Plus they are not refunding canceled travel fares and dipping into government wage subsidies!

How are RFD'ers trying to earn the 50k points though? For me, I'd need to spend $50k on my TD aero visa, or $33k in groceries within the month.... lol
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
royalflight wrote: Plus they are not refunding canceled travel fares and dipping into government wage subsidies!

How are RFD'ers trying to earn the 50k points though? For me, I'd need to spend $50k on my TD aero visa, or $33k in groceries within the month.... lol
Welcome bonuses and point transfers both count so I assume most people will go that route to get the 50k points. If I were you I would take a look at the benefits of P25K and see if it is worth it for you.
Newbie
Jun 3, 2008
54 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
royalflight wrote: How are RFD'ers trying to earn the 50k points though? For me, I'd need to spend $50k on my TD aero visa, or $33k in groceries within the month.... lol
Credit card sign-up bonuses or transfer points from AMEX.
Member
Sep 29, 2010
361 posts
495 upvotes
RuLa Of Da WoRlD wrote: Between April 20 and May 31, 2020, when you earn 50,000 Aeroplan Miles through everyday Travel at Home activities, including miles earned on your Aeroplan credit card, you'll receive Altitude Prestige 25K status valid through 2021.

Pretty hot deal considering you can transfer points and it qualifies. This would work if you do the 1:1 transfer from AMEX MR to Aeroplan.

Credit goes to reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada ... tus_after/
Do you not still need to earn AQD when reaching Altitude status?
As I understand the promotion... this only solves the AQM part (which at least in my experience has generally been the easier of the 2 to accumulate).
Either way it's a good promotion.
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
I'm tempted to transfer my Amex points but then I'm worried about the devaluation that is coming. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Thanks for sharing. This is a good promo as it's good til end of 2021. Good thing I still have over 80k in my MR. But a bit hesitate to do that because of the new AP change this year.
Same here. Looking at the P25K benefits it waives carrier surcharges on flight rewards within Canada and the US but from what I heard the changes to Aeroplan will bring dynamic pricing so that benefit might not be useful in the future. Might be useful if you do check bags on your trips/want advance seat selection on non-reward flights but then again not sure if it is worth moving MR to aeroplan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
oscar1999 wrote: I'm tempted to transfer my Amex points but then I'm worried about the devaluation that is coming. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
I was thinking about this but Amex MR points are worth wayyyy too much to waste on this. I guess if you aren’t using them then this is okay.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1394 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you already have a substantial amount of Amex MR points, I think it will be tricky to get 50k miles by May 31 through credit card sign up bonuses considering you need to wait to be approved for the card and then wait until the first statement is generated to get your bonus miles.
Member
Dec 12, 2012
291 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
So you're saying if i transfer 50k Amex MR to Aeroplan, i'd get Aeroplan P25k Status instantly? how long is the status good until?
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
terrbear wrote: So you're saying if i transfer 50k Amex MR to Aeroplan, i'd get Aeroplan P25k Status instantly? how long is the status good until?
Yes you would get Air Canada P25K status which is good until the end of 2021 as OP stated.
Member
Feb 16, 2018
263 posts
110 upvotes
What if I already have 50k Aeroplan miles?

And what's so good about this p25k status?
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
kevinc999 wrote: What if I already have 50k Aeroplan miles?

And what's so good about this p25k status?
You need to "earn 50k Aeroplan Miles" to take advantage of this promo - the points in your account do no count towards this (i.e. you would need to sign up for credit cards, earn points using the credit cards, or transfer other points in). Here's the list of the benefit:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/p ... privileges

I was initially going to apply for a credit card and transfer some MR points in but then looking at the benefits doesn't seem too worth it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2007
2208 posts
405 upvotes
P25K is not worth anything....it's a good start if you're gonna travel later to get up to real status

Top