Travel

Air Canada eCoupons...have you got yours?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2020 2:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1857 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote: Just bumping this thread to say that I still haven't received my Air Canada eCoupons and it's been a full 8 weeks now. Anyone receive theirs?
Yes- received it a few weeks ago for cancelled trip back in July.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2908 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
I have 4 pending from various cancellations starting in march.
I didn't receive any of mine yet.
Mar 3, 2009
832 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I made a cancellation on Jun 16th for flight in July to Tokyo in business class. I attempted to reach out for an update on July 8th and July 30th by email and was met with silence. On Aug 6th I reached out to a phone agent and was told the only way to communicate was via email. On Aug 26th I decided to call AMEX to see if I had other options available to me. Shortly after that call AMEX refunded the fall fare to my card.

I still have domestic flights booked in to Flex fare that I cancelled on July 3rd. This was paid for, in part, by a credit I already had from Air Canada. Other than an email telling me that my booking is cancelled I have not heard anything and this is now 9 weeks.

Suffice to say, I am quite disappointed in the current level of customer service at Air Canada. Money aside I think that when you request an update via email (which I am told is the only way) it should at least be replied to.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1474 posts
684 upvotes
Article in the Star today about a guy that’s waited months, received no voucher and had to pay cash for a flight home to bury his dad. Funny when the media contacted AC they managed to sort it out awfully quickly.

The behaviour is horrible. Cash for coupons*.
*Air Canada does not guarantee you will receive your coupon.

You’d think they’d be a bit more appreciative of the handy they received from Garneau and the CTA and do the right thing with customers. They’re keeping their money after all. On many flight they’ve cancelled out of convenience not necessity.
Jan 4, 2020
22 posts
3 upvotes
Mine for May came a week ago. The voucher and PIN both went to my Spam! Thankfully I was checking
Jan 4, 2020
22 posts
3 upvotes
I had a very quick response on their Facebook Page. It was a bit of a shock!
Penalty Box
Apr 1, 2010
278 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
sherriflinda wrote: Mine for May came a week ago. The voucher and PIN both went to my Spam! Thankfully I was checking
Same here, showed up in my junk folder a week ago. And I highly doubt it’s a coincidence that I called them the previous day to ask what’s taking so long (was over 2 months since accepting the voucher).
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4387 posts
941 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote: Just bumping this thread to say that I still haven't received my Air Canada eCoupons and it's been a full 8 weeks now. Anyone receive theirs?
Finally received my eCoupon today.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2324 posts
713 upvotes
Finally got my eCoupon today after a July 7 cancellation.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2908 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
I got three, waiting on one more.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1946 posts
428 upvotes
St. Johns
Had a flight in March cancelled and im still waiting for the ecoupon.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4387 posts
941 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote: Had a flight in March cancelled and im still waiting for the ecoupon.
If you didn't already, make sure you log into your itinerary and request to refund to eCoupon like earlier in this thread and other threads here. If I hadn't been paying attention to the RFD travel forum I'd never have known. Air Canada certainly never communicated this option.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1946 posts
428 upvotes
St. Johns
Mulder and Scully wrote: If you didn't already, make sure you log into your itinerary and request to refund to eCoupon like earlier in this thread and other threads here. If I hadn't been paying attention to the RFD travel forum I'd never have known. Air Canada certainly never communicated this option.
Ya I did the request back in June. Every time I speak with AC they say that they are experiencing a large backlog of requests and that my request will be fulfilled shortly.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3711 posts
513 upvotes
I got my coupons 2 weeks ago (about 8.5 weeks from cancellation).
Sep 28, 2012
95 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
I have waited for 4 months - still no