• Dec 24th, 2020 1:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 29, 2016
267 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga

[Air Canada] Flash Sale: 10% off Air Canada Gift Cards

GIVE THE GIFT OF TRAVEL FOR LESS

Sometimes it pays to shop last minute. From December 18 - 21, save 10% off all Air Canada Gift Card purchases.

So whether they’re dreaming of reconnecting with friends and family or taking the trip of a lifetime, give the present that’s full of possibility with an Air Canada Gift Card.

How it works:
Purchase any amount from $25 - $2,000.
Save 10% on the value purchased until December 21, 2020 on one online order via aircanada.com.
For example, if you purchase a $100 gift card, you pay only $90.
Use towards Air Canada flight tickets, Air Canada Vacations® flight-inclusive packages, advance seat selection, and more.
Send Air Canada Gift Cards by mail, or eGift Cards by email or SMS.
Air Canada Gift Cards never expire.
Wrap up your holiday shopping with the gift of travel.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... cards.html
107 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1493 posts
5294 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Give it a few months and it will 50%
What's in your wallet?
Feb 6, 2017
182 posts
302 upvotes
As they get a bailout soon and still not refunding people....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9626 posts
703 upvotes
Markham
Spawk1028 wrote: Give it a few months and it will 50%
Some of you guys are just so pessimistic lol.
Dec 7, 2015
98 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
Spawk1028 wrote: Give it a few months and it will 50%
You realize people are getting vaccinated right? Every single person I've spoken to can't wait to travel again as soon as they can do it safely. People are tired of being cooped up at home.

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
ChampGHG wrote: You realize people are getting vaccinated right? Every single person I've spoken to can't wait to travel again as soon as they can do it safely. People are tired of being cooped up at home.

People need to get a hobby, that's a great way to pass the time.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1824 posts
857 upvotes
Home
If you could use these for aeroplan that would be great.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1123 posts
315 upvotes
i think this can be interesting for aeroplan credit card holders who travel frequently and maybe specifically booking a flight for which they already know the total cost of (get two points per dollar spent on the gift card, 10% off a flight and collect points for flying).

keep in mind you can only use one gift card plus credit card or two gift cards to pay for the entirety of the flight (but this promo allows you to buy any custom amount on a single gift card)
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1748 posts
1428 upvotes
Mississauga
screw air canada
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2013 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
Might want to calculate insurance as well, as normally buying with CC will give you travel insurances of sorts, while it likely won't apply on gift card. So that 10% off might actually be less than that...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 27, 2011
156 posts
130 upvotes
ChampGHG wrote: You realize people are getting vaccinated right? Every single person I've spoken to can't wait to travel again as soon as they can do it safely. People are tired of being cooped up at home.
I also can't wait to travel again, but have been particularly put off by AC's commitment to "bait and switch" as their main business strategy to get through the pandemic. I know they are far from the only airline to do this, but for Canadian consumers, AC's shenanigans are the most obvious/relevant.
Mar 24, 2016
978 posts
1504 upvotes
scarborough
Scum bags owe me 10k for a trip cancelled ,
Aug 4, 2018
89 posts
294 upvotes
As bad as I feel for the employees, I won't provide any ounce of support to Air Canada. They are vultures. Also, gift cards are a great way for them to avoid the headache of a credit card dispute.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1824 posts
857 upvotes
Home
JasonTheCanadian wrote: You can now.
Since when? So when I pay on the aeroplan site, there is a field to enter the GC info?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1558 posts
376 upvotes
Edmonton
I RFD wrote: Since when? So when I pay on the aeroplan site, there is a field to enter the GC info?
+1 - would like to find out more too.
TIA and stay safe.
Nov 1, 2016
60 posts
56 upvotes

You are totally correct. I went to Costa Rica on November 15 and came back on December 6. Best trip ever..... I have flown 2 million miles on Air Canada and that was the first flight where I didn't hear a single cough or sneeze hahaha. Planes use HEPA filters and a recent analysis of flight data in North America shows that there hasn't been a single case of transmission on an airplane. Cost Rica even dropped it's testing requirements because since they opened to tourists on Sept. 1 because there hasn't been a single case brought to the country (people traveling are not sick any more). The only issue with travelling isbour own Canadian government and ummigration idiots who are causing queues on return. They didn't even check my temperature.

Conclusion: I'm leaving this whacked out country and heading back to Costa Rica after New Year's for 2-3 months to get away from the real COVID problem.

Buying a card and booking. Thanks OP!
Nov 22, 2018
17 posts
49 upvotes
I RFD wrote: Since when? So when I pay on the aeroplan site, there is a field to enter the GC info?
Since the new Aeroplan rolled out. Gift cards and ecoupons can be used
Images
  • DD6C8B0A-FFA5-4017-B8EB-D252677E4858.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1824 posts
857 upvotes
Home
This GC would count as travel purchase with CC?
Jun 3, 2008
166 posts
185 upvotes
Newmarket

Agreed... but Air Canada is bleeding cash right now and gift cards are an interest free loan against future travel (whenever that occurs).

So I'd expect some pretty good offers the longer the cash bleed continues. Not sure if 10% off is that great a deal.