Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

Flash Sale: 10% off Air Canada Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 1:14 pm
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
PsychoMantis wrote:

keep in mind you can only use one gift card plus credit card or two gift cards to pay for the entirety of the flight (but this promo allows you to buy any custom amount on a single gift card)
If you call, you can use 3 cards per ticket.
Not sure how long you have to wait on the phone to get someone these days, since most people there are laid off.
Dec 5, 2016
721 posts
1117 upvotes
ChampGHG wrote: You realize people are getting vaccinated right? Every single person I've spoken to can't wait to travel again as soon as they can do it safely. People are tired of being cooped up at home.

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.
Yeah but we haven't changed anything about our behaviour so we're going to get COVID-23, baybee
Sep 18, 2007
78 posts
127 upvotes
el'ation wrote: Not sure how long you have to wait on the phone to get someone these days, since most people there are laid off.
No waits when I've called in the past couple of months.
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
Just buy AC.TO in your TFSA you will come out way ahead in next few months
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
ChampGHG wrote: You realize people are getting vaccinated right? Every single person I've spoken to can't wait to travel again as soon as they can do it safely. People are tired of being cooped up at home.

The statement although a little optimistic is probably right. Better deals will come.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2294 posts
720 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Exerting pro forma efforts to bring in cash as evidence to supply for a pending government bailout application meanwhile withholding millions in unrefunded Canadians' money for cancelled trips, interest free.

If you're flying anyway it is better than nothing, but most people on RFD churn and prefer to lock in credit card insurance when purchasing tickets vs. giftcards.
Aug 31, 2003
903 posts
321 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Very tempted to buy for future trip once all vaccine'd up
Banned
Oct 27, 2014
64 posts
47 upvotes
Paying for anything big with gift cards is a huge risk. You have no repercussions if the company decides to jerk you around. If you use a credit card charging back is always an option. Given the way air canada treats its customers you'd be better off just using a rewards credit card.
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
rohan1985 wrote:
Air Canada Gift Cards never expire.
Until they rightfully go out of business.

I would MUCH rather give my money to a small airline like Porter that did things the right way.
Aug 19, 2009
484 posts
361 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Give it a few months and it will 50%
Give it a few more months on top of that for an add. 40%. By then everyone that would have purchased these would know that they are s.o.l.
Aug 19, 2009
484 posts
361 upvotes

You mean the people that will turn into 🧟‍♂️'s. I didn't know they take flights.
Jun 19, 2010
722 posts
699 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't give those losers a penny of your money until they pay people back for the cancelled flights during covid.
Last edited by kazryv on Dec 18th, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
Defenitely would buy the gift card, but cant get the bad taste out of my mouth of not getting the $5000 back in the summer for my Italy trip that Got Cancelled..still waiting on the Refund
No advertising in avatars or sigs
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
your best bet wrote: Defenitely would buy the gift card, but cant get the bad taste out of my mouth of not getting the $5000 back in the summer for my Italy trip that Got Cancelled..still waiting on the Refund
⬆ This is why Air Canada will never get another dime from me.
Aug 31, 2003
903 posts
321 upvotes
White Rock, BC
I understand the sentiments - we were supposed to fly this weekend to St Lucia for the holidays...instead I have a $6500 USD flight credit for 2021

We will use it for our flight for Xmas 2021, but still
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
What good is 10% off now when you don't know when you can travel?

The vaccine going to be at least 8 months to roll out to everyone in Canada. And maybe longer to everyone globally.

Wallet safe.
Jun 8, 2008
113 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
ranjy wrote: I understand the sentiments - we were supposed to fly this weekend to St Lucia for the holidays...instead I have a $6500 USD flight credit for 2021

We will use it for our flight for Xmas 2021, but still
You were luckier than us. We're still waiting for a credit of $3,300 from a cancelled summer trip. My wife has called several times to Air Canada but is just about ready to lose her mind.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6974 posts
4954 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just an FYI.

As long has there is a non essential travel warning, credit cards are not covering the insurance.

I just came back from Cuba, and TD told me I wasn't covered and had to buy Costco travel insurance.
Aug 25, 2010
188 posts
333 upvotes
I RFD wrote: This GC would count as travel purchase with CC?
Doesn't count as travel purchase because the GC are sold via third party.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1314 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto

You realize that when you get the vaccine you can still get covid... lol