Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 5:55 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 7, 2010
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I purchased a flight pass last night and tried to book a flight this morning. Everything is sold out. I tried different days, different locations. All the same. So I assume that we will be hearing shortly from AC.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11110 posts
455 upvotes
Ottawa
Apparently AC has just removed the FAQ page that stated that flight pass prices are guaranteed even if the price of them increases - it now redirects to the home page. (From FT)
- Absolute
Nov 28, 2013
46 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
To think that they would honour the price. From the look of it...they are preparing to cancel and clean up any evidence. Stop you from booking by putting a sold out sign so they won't confined to 24 hours (so they give themselves more time), then clean up anything that can support the idea that flight passes are final (can't price match nor increased in price). Then once all of those done, they will cancel all.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1711 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: :arrowu:
Typical snarky comment for someone who can't avail of such hot deal. :)
simmer down i was honestly just wondering if anyone got cancellations yet. =)
Dec 24, 2014
14 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
bjm368 wrote: I would hope that people fight really hard if they try to cancel this pricing. I would also refer to this link https://www.aircanada.com/en/us/offers/ ... s_faq.html and specifically this question and answer:
I guess we can't access that page now. You took a screenshot from AC site saying " The price of the Flight Pass is guaranteed. You will pay nothing more if the price of the Flight Pass changes after you purchase it." If yes, please post it here. Will be useful if they makes cancelation or don't give reasonable compensation.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54006 posts
18950 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: simmer down i was honestly just wondering if anyone got cancellations yet. =)
I'm not upset not being able to avail of deal as I also live in the GTA. Just posting an observation that's typical here. :)
Dec 15, 2014
331 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Most likely we will get cancelled. They are losing like 8.8k a pass, adds up quick
Nov 28, 2013
46 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
krishiv wrote: I guess we can't access that page now. You took a screenshot from AC site saying " The price of the Flight Pass is guaranteed. You will pay nothing more if the price of the Flight Pass changes after you purchase it." If yes, please post it here. Will be useful if they makes cancelation or don't give reasonable compensation.

Go to www.cachedview.com and paste the address. You can save the whole webpage.
Aug 26, 2015
2 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
krishiv wrote: I guess we can't access that page now. You took a screenshot from AC site saying " The price of the Flight Pass is guaranteed. You will pay nothing more if the price of the Flight Pass changes after you purchase it." If yes, please post it here. Will be useful if they makes cancelation or don't give reasonable compensation.
here you go
http://imgur.com/a/kENrm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4675 posts
1665 upvotes
Winnipeg
LuckBox wrote: Most likely we will get cancelled. They are losing like 8.8k a pass, adds up quick
They aren't losing anything. These business seats stay empty and are only filled with upgrades.
Nov 12, 2012
692 posts
381 upvotes
Calgary
coleworld wrote: They aren't losing anything. These business seats stay empty and are only filled with upgrades.
This has nothing to do with the business seats, even if they were in economy class AC would be losing money considering it's an average revenus of $90 per flight segment.
Dec 15, 2006
26 posts
10 upvotes
North Vancouver
[IMG]http://my.jetscreenshot.com/9265/20150827-nnvm-102kb[/IMG]

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/ ... a_faq.html

What is a Flight Pass?
The Flight Pass is a new aircanada.com feature. It can only be accessed using your Aeroplan number and PIN, or by your travel agent if the purchase is made by them. Once you’ve purchased your Flight Pass, aircanada.com will open a personal online Flight Pass for you, containing your pre-paid flight credits.

Access the Flight Pass area to:

• Purchase a Flight Pass and use your pre-paid flight credits
• Make bookings using your pre-paid flight credits for your Flight Pass.
• Change flight time and dates for any bookings originally made using a flight credit
• Cancel bookings and re-credit your Flight Pass, for any bookings originally made using a flight credit
• See how many credits you have used.

What are Flight Credits?

Air Canada Flight Passes are comprised of Flight Credits. Each Flight Credit is used for one flight segment, one direct flight, or connecting flights between an origin and a destination. The price paid for flight pass and any applicable taxes is shown on the original Purchase Receipt. Air Canada does not provide pro-rata purchase receipts when each Flight Credit is used. However, for calculation purposes the implied value of each Flight Credit may be calculated by dividing the total purchase price shown on the Purchase Receipt by the number of Flight Credits purchased. A normal round-trip flight is equivalent to two (2) Flight Credits.

What are the benefits of purchasing an Oil Express Pass?

Purchase 6 flight credits to receive great convenience, flexibility and value:
• Great savings off already low Tango fare when you purchase an Oil Express Pass
• no advance purchase and no minimum stay requirements
• use one flight credit per direction

Does the price of an Oil Express Pass include taxes or extra fees?

The cost of an Oil Patch Flight is shown in Canadian dollars. Only the GST (and QST where applicable) will be added when you make your Flight Pass purchase. No other additional fees or surcharges will be applied when you book your credits.

What happens if the Flight Pass price changes after I purchase it?

The price of the Flight Pass is guaranteed. You will pay nothing more if the price of the Flight Pass changes after you purchase it.
Oct 19, 2009
637 posts
44 upvotes
When my wife used to work for AirCanada we would fly from YWG (Winnipeg) to YVR Vancouver for about $70-$90 each way. Mind you we flew standby but ended up with whatever seats were on the plane, even if we were not seated next to each other. So it's not like air Canada is "losing" too much money.

If there were to revoke the passes it would be a media frenzy unless they want to pull a United and revoke the flight passes. Air Canada could be nice and pull an American Airlines
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1005 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
coleworld wrote: They aren't losing anything. These business seats stay empty and are only filled with upgrades.
I can tell you have never flown in AC Business Class before....
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4675 posts
1665 upvotes
Winnipeg
kayceedee wrote: I can tell you have never flown in AC Business Class before....
I do fly business class actually. But I use my Aeroplan miles.

I can tell you probably fly business class paid for with your/some companies money, so they can use it as a write off and you can feel important.

Funny reading flyer talks posters and how they feel so much more important than RFDers. "The scum on RFD probably never flown J class"

These are the same losers that post selfies of their workouts all day on Facebook.