Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
TheBSharps wrote: Somebody with Tweeter should tweet this to those journalists who posted those (previously posted) AC stories...I assume...

Journalists may help to get the message to AC that we are aware of the existing legal precedence set in Quebec....
What was it that someone said about the T&Cs claiming that mistake fare prices could be canceled? Was this really the case and, if so, is this negated by their claim in this case that the price was guaranteed?
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
dennislaicanada wrote: I am in +2

Quoted “I don’t even care about the laptop honestly. I care about my rights, I care about all other Canadian consumers,” Crête said via email for "Proposed class action lawsuit filed over Lenovo Canada price error"
+2, possibly plus an additional 2-3 on top.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3027 posts
2005 upvotes
Canadia
Type_A_Tiff wrote: What was it that someone said about the T&Cs claiming that mistake fare prices could be canceled? Was this really the case and, if so, is this negated by their claim in this case that the price was guaranteed?
Air Canada's terms & conditions allow them to refund a price error when an incorrect price has been used to purchase a ticket or reservation. In this case, Air Canada was selling a package of 10 pass codes that can be redeemed for a ticket or reservation.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3027 posts
2005 upvotes
Canadia
TheBSharps wrote: What is the verbiage used in Quebec provincial law that forces AC to honor the deal in that province? We should borrow that language to support our claim.
Here's a link to LOI SUR LA PROTECTION DU CONSOMMATEUR. Relevant sections below.

Section 16. The principal obligation of the merchant is to deliver the goods or to perform the service stipulated in the contract. In a contract involving sequential fulfilment, the merchant is presumed to be performing his principal obligation when he begins to perform it in accordance with the contract [critical in our case, because Air Canada added the flight passes to our accounts and then removed them less than 24 hours later. They had begun to perform the service.]

Section 40. The goods or services provided must conform to the description made of them in the contract.

Section 42. A written or verbal statement by the representative of a merchant or of a manufacturer respecting goods or services is binding on that merchant or manufacturer.

UPDATE:

Scratch that. There is a section that overrides Air Canada's claim that use of the website should be bound by the laws of Quebec.

Section 54.2. A distance contract is deemed to be entered into at the address of the consumer.

So, we could take them to small claims court locally, arguing:

1. They deposited the flight passes into our account and then withdrew them after processing the credit card charge (although I have not yet confirmed that the charge was posted to my account, just that it was authorized)
2. They quietly updated the FAQ wording overnight to exclude mention of future price increases,
3. That their terms and conditions regarding incorrectly priced tickets and reservations do not apply to an offer to sell flight passes that can be redeemed for tickets or reservations at a future date.
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
natebailey wrote: I would be happy if they honoured the deal, but for economy seats. Would still be a great deal.
I concur on that one
Nov 28, 2013
46 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
I still haven't been contacted yet. Neither on the phone or email. I can't even use it. At least they should put a message on the website and disable the book button. Dumb.
Dec 29, 2005
350 posts
53 upvotes
Victoria
So basically this has become The Brick's 50% off everything fiasco all over again huh?
Jul 31, 2003
153 posts
2 upvotes
Type_A_Tiff wrote: +2, possibly plus an additional 2-3 on top.
Count me in on this as well. Air Canada needs to be more responsible to its consumers.
Nov 28, 2013
46 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
Jestah wrote: Count me in on this as well. Air Canada needs to be more responsible to its consumers.
+2
Jan 2, 2013
9 posts
18 upvotes
I'm in too...Ridiculous, they removed the FAQ showing the guaranteed price, even if the cost of flight passes changes after the fact...If we make a mistake, it's our problem at our cost...If they make a mistake, it's somehow ok...
Aug 26, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Madden, AB
+1 more. I nominate retrothing to be the lawyer lol...
Nov 27, 2014
183 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
It seems like a lot of people are getting really worked up over something that was clearly a price error. Mistakes happen but this is not like scanning code of practice. You are talking over a $7000 differential each package. In a perfect world AC would honor the price and lose 100's of thousands, however the reality is they are trying to stay in business.....unlike Skygreece.