Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2022 4:21 am
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2015
4 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Well...sitting here in LA, flight down on pass went smooth, let's hope I can get back. They will refund 8/10 x the price paid for the ticket since I had booked it. I tried to change the flight home and it was all blocked out. They said no changes, no refunds when I called. Should have booked a bunch of trips!!
Mar 20, 2013
800 posts
1018 upvotes
Winnipeg
Round trip business class to LA for $168. That's pretty sweet.

Did you take advantage of the free booze and access to the lounge?
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
coleo83 wrote: Well...sitting here in LA, flight down on pass went smooth, let's hope I can get back. They will refund 8/10 x the price paid for the ticket since I had booked it. I tried to change the flight home and it was all blocked out. They said no changes, no refunds when I called. Should have booked a bunch of trips!!
Congrats on getting down there! Did you buy your pass and book the tickets the day before everyone got wind of it? (I guess that would have been August 25 when it was posted, and August 26 was when it blew up and was taken down.) I'm just curious at what point they put the 24 hour hold on and how many people actually were able to make bookings!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
Type_A_Tiff wrote: Congrats on getting down there! Did you buy your pass and book the tickets the day before everyone got wind of it? (I guess that would have been August 25 when it was posted, and August 26 was when it blew up and was taken down.) I'm just curious at what point they put the 24 hour hold on and how many people actually were able to make bookings!
Some people call in to book the trip, it will bypass the 24 hours hold.
Aug 26, 2015
4 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I booked the trip within probably 30-60 mins of buying the pass. There was no hold on my ability to see the credits in my account or use them, though I have purchased and used many flight passes on AC in the past so perhaps that is why.
Aug 26, 2015
4 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm not complaining, trust me. I didn't take advantage of the lounge as I nearly missed the flight out but did enjoy the rouge first class meal and a couple drinks. I spend enough money with AC each year as 50k member and most irritating is the change fees which they will not hesitate to stick to you for making the slightest change to an itinerary. $200 change fee for a cross-border flight plus 2 hours on hold rebooking the thing. I'm sure they will more than make up for this tiny error over the course of my life from my pocketbook so I'm not going to cry for them.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3420 posts
1356 upvotes
My cc was charged today.....
Apr 20, 2008
747 posts
975 upvotes
Cc was charged on Friday....no pass in my account...and no calls or emails from AC...FU AC
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
They'll be issuing refunds as per the article I posted.
Aug 7, 2011
364 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
198886 wrote: Cc was charged on Friday....no pass in my account...and no calls or emails from AC...FU AC
This is the kicker for me, no call, no e-mail. Although I can see where they're coming from regarding not honoring it, I can't see why it wouldn't be a priority to contact me individually.
Mar 31, 2013
346 posts
1112 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
I had been watching my credit card account online (VISA), the air canada transaction never showed up until today, shows transaction date of Aug 27. My girlfriend's Mastercard showed as being charged right away, now the online account shows her transaction was aug 27, date posted was aug 29.........
Aug 2, 2007
30 posts
10 upvotes
Did anyone complaint to the Canadian Transportation Agency?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
Received a reply from dot.gov

[QUOTE]U.S. Department of Transportation
Office of the Secretary of Transportation
GENERAL COUNSEL
1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20590

Case # xxxx

Dear Ms. xxx:

This responds to your complaint against Air Canada for the mistaken fare issue with its Flight Pass. The U.S. Department of Transportation seeks to ensure that all airline passengers are treated fairly. Complaints from consumers are helpful to us in determining whether airlines are in compliance with our rules and to track trends or spot areas of concern that warrant further action.

We will forward your complaint to the airline and ask the company to respond directly to you with a copy to us. Airlines are required to acknowledge receipt of a consumer complaint within 30 days and provide a substantive response to the complainant within 60 days. If you need to contact me please email me at peter.cacioppo@dot.gov. Please include your name and case number (see above), and I will make every effort to reply to your message as quickly as possible.

You may also wish to file a complaint with the Canadian Transportation Agency through the following link https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/air-travel-complaints-1 as it involves travel vouchers purchased on Air Canada's Canadian-facing website by Canadian residents.

We have entered your complaint in our computerized industry monitoring system, and it will be counted among the number of complaints filed against this airline in our monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report allows consumers and air travel companies to compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. The data in this report also serve as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Consumer information for air travelers, including the Air Travel Consumer Report and our pamphlet Fly-Rights, a Consumer’s Guide to Air Travel, can be found on our website, www.dot.gov/airconsumer.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Peter Cacioppo
Aviation Consumer Protection Division
Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings

[/QUOTE]
Mar 21, 2002
895 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Sooo.... I have $4000 of charges on my card, but no tickets... when do I get my money back?

Having said that I just got an email:

************ PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ***************
************ VEUILLEZ NE PAS REPONDRE A CE MESSAGE *************

* AIR CANADA TRANSPORTATION CREDIT / CREDIT DE TRANSPORT *

RCN TRANSPORTATION CREDIT DATE OF ISSUE: 01SEP15
######## CREDIT DE TRANSPORT DATE D EMISSION

NAME OF PASSENGER ISSUING OFFICE
NOM DU PASSAGER BUREAU EMETTEUR

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

AMOUNT REFUNDED: 837.90 CURRENCY: CAD
MONTANT CREDITE MONNAIE

REFUND FORM OF PAYMENT TICKETS REFUNDED
MODE DE REMBOURSEMENT BILLETS REMBOURSES

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX #############

FARE/TARIF: 798.00
TAX/TAXE: 39.90 XG

CANCELLATION FEE: N/A VOLUNTARY: Y
FRAIS D ANNULATION VOLONTAIRE

CANCELLATION TAX: N/A FARE ADJUSTMENT: Y
TAXE D ANNULATION AJUSTEMENT DU TARIF

WE ARE PLEASED TO CONFIRM A REFUND HAS BEEN PROCESSED TO YOUR
PAYMENT CARD. PLEASE ALLOW ONE OR TWO BILLING STATEMENTS FOR THE
CREDIT TO APPEAR ON YOUR ACCOUNT. THANK YOU.

NOUS SOMMES HEUREUX DE CONFIRMER QU UN REMBOURSEMENT A ETE
PORTE A VOTRE CARTE DE PAIEMENT. LE MONTANT CREDITE DEVRAIT
PARAITRE SUR VOTRE COMPTE D ICI UNE A DEUX PERIODES DE
FACTURATION. MERCI.