Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2020 7:47 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 24, 2014
14 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
I don't know why AC behaving so badly with customers and after all that .. still lying.

Email I received from AC "On the evening of August 25th, a computer loading error resulted in a temporary mispricing of our Western USA Plus Pass product for Business Class travel. This product, good for 10 one-way flights, was mistakenly displayed at $800 instead of the correct price of $8,000. When we became aware of this error 24 hours later, the passes were withdrawn from sale and the booking of flights was inhibited."

Its not $8000, its $9017. go and check the AC website now. so its not a mistake of "0" or anything. Media should cover this as well. Renee, Vice President of Customer Experience - don't even know its actual price or why lying?
Dec 24, 2014
14 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
krishiv wrote: I don't know why AC behaving so badly with customers and after all that .. still lying.

Email I received from AC "On the evening of August 25th, a computer loading error resulted in a temporary mispricing of our Western USA Plus Pass product for Business Class travel. This product, good for 10 one-way flights, was mistakenly displayed at $800 instead of the correct price of $8,000. When we became aware of this error 24 hours later, the passes were withdrawn from sale and the booking of flights was inhibited."

Its not $8000, its $9017. go and check the AC website now. so its not a mistake of "0" or anything. Media should cover this as well. Renee, Vice President of Customer Experience - don't even know its actual price or why lying?
edit: that's for Ontario Buyer. For BC, its $8379 not $8000
Aug 27, 2015
30 posts
29 upvotes
Saskatoon
micowave wrote: I just filed a complaint with Department of Transportation (US) http://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer

I believe they should be notified as the pass offers USA to Cad travels.
I also think this is our best way of getting our passes back. I remember trying to check into an AC flight 43 minutes before check in and was denied. I could see the gate from the check in desk and the AC agent just grinned and told me sorry that is our policy and it clearly states that on our website. So guess what Air Canada you can play be the same rules.

I also responded to their email and made sure that I refused their offer and told them that was not a part of there contract with me and not to offer me anything but what I paid for and had a binding contract with them for.
Aug 2, 2007
29 posts
7 upvotes
kuroikittykat wrote: Wait how is this going to help us? Will air Canada even comply?
I would think so because if they ever want to fly within USA they need to comply with DOT.
Nov 28, 2013
46 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
micowave wrote: I would think so because if they ever want to fly within USA they need to comply with DOT.
Isn't this only for resident of the states? Not for Canada?
Aug 26, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Madden, AB
hukejia wrote: Please file a compliant through US DOT, fellow RFD-ers. I've already done that. Took me like 5 mins.

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm
Excerpt from the United States Department of Transportation Air Travel Complaint Consumer Protection Division:

"If your complaint concerns airline service we will send it to the airline and ask the carrier to reply to you. We will also enter it in our computerized industry monitoring system, which serves as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Complaints are also charged to the company in question in our monthly complaint report, which is distributed to the industry and made available to the news media and the general public so that both consumers and air travel companies can compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. Complaints are also routinely reviewed to determine the extent to which carriers are in compliance with our regulations. We also use these complaints to track trends or spot areas of concern which we feel may warrant further action in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely

Aviation Consumer Protection Division (DOT ACPD)
U.S. Department of Transportation
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8213 posts
3291 upvotes
East York mofo!
i heard on the radio on newstalk 1010 that they honoured this deal? i only was a few minutes late to the party... :(
Aug 26, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Madden, AB
TheBSharps wrote: Excerpt from the United States Department of Transportation Air Travel Complaint Consumer Protection Division:

"If your complaint concerns airline service we will send it to the airline and ask the carrier to reply to you. We will also enter it in our computerized industry monitoring system, which serves as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Complaints are also charged to the company in question in our monthly complaint report, which is distributed to the industry and made available to the news media and the general public so that both consumers and air travel companies can compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. Complaints are also routinely reviewed to determine the extent to which carriers are in compliance with our regulations. We also use these complaints to track trends or spot areas of concern which we feel may warrant further action in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely

Aviation Consumer Protection Division (DOT ACPD)
U.S. Department of Transportation
If the majority files a complaint at least we'll finally get a tangible idea of how many passes were sold. "... made available to the news media and the general public"