Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 1:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1718 posts
119 upvotes
So quick to change the Terms & Conditions and removing the flight passes, but they are taking their sweet time giving out the refunds. Go figure! lol
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
49763 posts
14886 upvotes
Go Quebec go. Surprised lawyers are drumming up business for people who clearly had no use for the passes.
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
Checked my credit card this morning, refund has been processed. I have yet to hear anything from AC at all as I have not received an e-mail or phone call yet.
Mar 20, 2010
156 posts
16 upvotes
It's been 10 days so far, and no refund in my credit card. No email or phone call... maybe they will honor my 2 flight passes.
Dec 22, 2006
128 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
disneyguru wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 11:51 am
It's been 10 days so far, and no refund in my credit card. No email or phone call... maybe they will honor my 2 flight passes.
Me too... CC was charged. No email or phone call and NO REFUND. Anyone else ???
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2810 posts
1557 upvotes
Canadia
jtarnow44 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 3:07 pm
Hi everyone, we are the lawyers Global News featured on the 6pm news the day Air Canada announced they would not honour the flight passes. Many of you have contacted us directly, either via RFD, or by contacting our office. As you know, a law firm in PoCo filed a class action lawsuit on Monday. Unfortunately in Canada, for a class action to proceed, it has to be certified by the courts. This can take years. Just this week, an Ontario court certified a class action lawsuit against Air Canada that was filed in 2008. We, the customers, want Air Canada to do the right thing and resolve this with their customers outside of the backlogged court system. Please see our letter to Air Canada filed today: http://www.tarnowcriminallaw.com/legal- ... -04th-2015

Let's hope Air Canada does the right thing, and lives up to their own hashtag #makeamazing
Interesting letter, although I suspect Air Canada will simply ignore it since there's no compelling reason to do otherwise. For future reference, it's "Dear Sirs/Madams" unless your intent using madames was to invoke visions of someone who runs a brothel. :D
Mar 20, 2013
551 posts
465 upvotes
Winnipeg
retrothing wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 11:11 pm
it's "Dear Sirs/Madams" unless your intent using madames was to invoke visions of someone who runs a brothel. :D
Maybe that was the intent.

"Dear Pimp Daddies and Madames, please stop your employees from screwing your customers for their money."
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4420 posts
1336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Originally Posted by jtarnow44

Hi everyone, we are the lawyers Global News featured on the 6pm news the day Air Canada announced they would not honour the flight passes. Many of you have contacted us directly, either via RFD, or by contacting our office. As you know, a law firm in PoCo filed a class action lawsuit on Monday. Unfortunately in Canada, for a class action to proceed, it has to be certified by the courts. This can take years. Just this week, an Ontario court certified a class action lawsuit against Air Canada that was filed in 2008. We, the customers, want Air Canada to do the right thing and resolve this with their customers outside of the backlogged court system. Please see our letter to Air Canada filed today: http://www.tarnowcriminallaw.com/leg...mber-04th-2015

Let's hope Air Canada does the right thing, and lives up to their own hashtag #makeamazing

Interesting... The Open Letter is not online anymore, and jtarnow44 posts have been deleted...

Wonder what happened
Aug 26, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Madden, AB
retrothing wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 11:11 pm
Interesting letter, although I suspect Air Canada will simply ignore it since there's no compelling reason to do otherwise. For future reference, it's "Dear Sirs/Madams" unless your intent using madames was to invoke visions of someone who runs a brothel. :D
@retrothing,

Any idea what happened to jtarnow44 and his "letter to Air Canada"? Any thoughts on what to expect will come of any legal actions?

Has anyone else tried contacting Tarnow Criminal Law for an update?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2810 posts
1557 upvotes
Canadia
TheBSharps wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 7:10 pm
Any idea what happened to jtarnow44 and his "letter to Air Canada"? Any thoughts on what to expect will come of any legal actions?
I suspect Air Canada will simply ignore the Tarnow letter. There is no reason to respond and nothing to be gained by making a public statement.

The BC and Quebec suits will languish for a long while. Before they can proceed they must receive an order of certification from the court, which requires the court to review the action to determine if there is cause to proceed. At that point, things either grind to a halt or continue on to a settlement or trial if no settlement can be reached.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2790 posts
1372 upvotes
Vancouver
They're a small time firm working outside their speciality who wanted publicity. Probably received a warning from real lawyers at Air Canada and had to back down.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1880 posts
1051 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like one guy took Lenovo to small claims in Quebec over their false advertisement and won: quebecers-vs-lenovo-1485734/
The details in the Lenovo case make it seem like a case against Air Canada would be much easier to win too

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)