Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 7:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4505 posts
1434 upvotes
Winnipeg
scope1230 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2015 5:15 pm
Anyone received a call about some flight credit from Air Canada around $900?
Why have you?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2928 posts
421 upvotes
Anyone else get a reply from AC after complaining to the U.S. department of Transportation?
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
ExcelPremium wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 5:14 pm
Anyone else get a reply from AC after complaining to the U.S. department of Transportation?
Nope. Did you?
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
coleworld wrote:
Oct 11th, 2015 9:10 pm
Are you just a troll?
ExcelPremium seemed to be active on the thread since the original deal went live and apparently bought a pass him/herself...?

@ExcelPremium, what did the response you got say? I still haven't received anything and it's been over 30 days.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2928 posts
421 upvotes
Type_A_Tiff wrote:
Oct 12th, 2015 2:08 am
ExcelPremium seemed to be active on the thread since the original deal went live and apparently bought a pass him/herself...?

@ExcelPremium, what did the response you got say? I still haven't received anything and it's been over 30 days.
This thread is pretty much dead, so I don't check it too often

They just told me that they know the situation and asked AC to respond. Afterwards AC contacted me and was aware that I made a complaint and offered me two additional free flights if I purchase the flight pass at retail, which still seems to be a pretty bad deal.
Dec 13, 2006
549 posts
65 upvotes
Damn U Air Canada... Now my mailbox is always full with Air Canada Promos and Junks.

They got my personal info from this fake deals.
Jan 2, 2006
26 posts
9 upvotes
ExcelPremium wrote:
Oct 21st, 2015 1:54 am
This thread is pretty much dead, so I don't check it too often

They just told me that they know the situation and asked AC to respond. Afterwards AC contacted me and was aware that I made a complaint and offered me two additional free flights if I purchase the flight pass at retail, which still seems to be a pretty bad deal.
I just got the same email and offer too. Meh.

Wonder what happened with the lawyers here...
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1214 posts
232 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Just got an email update yesterday.

Looks like the update was...
October 26, 2015 = The Superior Court of Quebec has assigned a case management judge to hear this matter.

------------

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for signing up to our mailing list to receive updates.

Please note that we have recently updated the Frequently Asked Questions on our website (http://www.munroelaw.ca/aircanada.php). Further updates to this case will be posted on the website and also sent via email.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the status of the case, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at flightpass@munroelaw.ca.

If you receive any correspondence from Air Canada regarding your flight pass(es), please let us know.

Please also whitelist our domain, munroelaw.ca, in your spam or junk settings to ensure that our emails in the future are not misdirected or lost.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Munroe & Company - www.munroelaw.ca
t 604 200 0151 | t 888 870 3889 | f 888 870 3880
Shaughnessy Station | 2000 Building | 2nd Floor
2207 - 2850 Shaughnessy St, Port Coquitlam BC V3C 6K5
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2928 posts
421 upvotes
DarkCanuck wrote:
Nov 10th, 2015 11:49 pm
Just got an email update yesterday.

Looks like the update was...
October 26, 2015 = The Superior Court of Quebec has assigned a case management judge to hear this matter.

------------

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for signing up to our mailing list to receive updates.

Please note that we have recently updated the Frequently Asked Questions on our website (http://www.munroelaw.ca/aircanada.php). Further updates to this case will be posted on the website and also sent via email.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the status of the case, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at flightpass@munroelaw.ca.

If you receive any correspondence from Air Canada regarding your flight pass(es), please let us know.

Please also whitelist our domain, munroelaw.ca, in your spam or junk settings to ensure that our emails in the future are not misdirected or lost.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Munroe & Company - www.munroelaw.ca
t 604 200 0151 | t 888 870 3889 | f 888 870 3880
Shaughnessy Station | 2000 Building | 2nd Floor
2207 - 2850 Shaughnessy St, Port Coquitlam BC V3C 6K5
This is interesting! Thanks for the update
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1214 posts
232 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
ExcelPremium wrote:
Feb 7th, 2016 4:02 pm
Any updates?
Yup, got this email a couple weeks ago...

Dear XXXXXX,

You are receiving this email because you previously subscribed to the mailing list for the Air Canada Flight Pass class action. The class action is with respect to Air Canada revoking its flight passes on August 27-30, 2015 by alleging a pricing error.

On September 16, 2016, an authorization hearing will be held at the Superior Court of Quebec. At the authorization hearing, the court will decide whether the matter can be "authorized" to proceed as a class action. If the court "authorizes" the action, there will be a trial on the merits of the case.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at flightpass@evolinklaw.com should you have further questions about this matter.

We also strive to regularly update our website with information relating to this class action (http://evolinklaw.com/air-canada-flight ... ss-action/).

Mr. Simon Lin of Evolink Law Group is lead counsel for this action. He is assisted by Quebec lawyer, Mr. Jeremie John Martin.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1214 posts
232 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
DarkCanuck wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:16 am
ExcelPremium wrote:
Feb 7th, 2016 4:02 pm
Any updates?
Yup, got this email a couple weeks ago...

Dear XXXXXX,

You are receiving this email because you previously subscribed to the mailing list for the Air Canada Flight Pass class action. The class action is with respect to Air Canada revoking its flight passes on August 27-30, 2015 by alleging a pricing error.

On September 16, 2016, an authorization hearing will be held at the Superior Court of Quebec. At the authorization hearing, the court will decide whether the matter can be "authorized" to proceed as a class action. If the court "authorizes" the action, there will be a trial on the merits of the case.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at flightpass@evolinklaw.com should you have further questions about this matter.

We also strive to regularly update our website with information relating to this class action (http://evolinklaw.com/air-canada-flight ... ss-action/).

Mr. Simon Lin of Evolink Law Group is lead counsel for this action. He is assisted by Quebec lawyer, Mr. Jeremie John Martin.
Just spoke with Evolink, and "Unfortunately, Air Canada requested an adjournment early last week and the matter was adjourned to December 15, 2016.".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)