Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2020 7:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11046 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
ExcelPremium wrote: How do we get the $503 credit?
It will automatically be sent to the email you used in 2015 to pay for the flight pass, in December.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3005 posts
462 upvotes
Absolute wrote: It will automatically be sent to the email you used in 2015 to pay for the flight pass, in December.
Excellent!
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11046 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
Oh, and don't forget that this is an eCoupon, not a gift certificate, so it will expire 12 months from the date you receive it.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4544 posts
1463 upvotes
Winnipeg
Absolute wrote: Oh, and don't forget that this is an eCoupon, not a gift certificate, so it will expire 12 months from the date you receive it.
Can these type of eCoupons be used together on the same booking? Ex: using 2x $503 on a $1500 booking?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11046 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
canuckcolehead wrote: Can these type of eCoupons be used together on the same booking? Ex: using 2x $503 on a $1500 booking?
Historically AC has had issues with using more than two payment methods, i.e. one certificate and a CC. I've been a UA loyalist since they introduced AQD, so I don't know if they've been able to fix that.

Definitely can't be done online, though, you'd have to call in to ask.
- Absolute
Aug 18, 2010
976 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton
Absolute wrote: Historically AC has had issues with using more than two payment methods, i.e. one certificate and a CC. I've been a UA loyalist since they introduced AQD, so I don't know if they've been able to fix that.

Definitely can't be done online, though, you'd have to call in to ask.
According to the document sent out in that lawsuit, its the same as you say. If you want to use multiple eCoupons you have to get on the phone with them basically

EDIT: even the damn document sort of contradicts itself
Unfortunately, because of system limitations, only one (1) form of payment is accepted when purchasing a seat
or travel option for an existing booking. If the balance on your eCoupon is inferior to the cost of the fee or travel
option, please pay with another form of payment. You will then be able to request that the credit from your
eCoupon be refunded to your original form of payment. Here’s how:
1. Complete our Customer Assistance Form
2. Provide proof of the form of payment used to pay for the seat or travel option
3. Include the details of your unused Air Canada eCoupon

Due to system limitations, a maximum of two (2) forms of payment is permitted on a single booking at
time of purchase. When purchasing ancillary services such as a seat or travel option for an existing
reservation, only one (1) form of payment can be accepted at time of purchase. If the eCoupon has a
working balance lower than the cost of the fee or travel option, please pay with another form of payment.
However, we will be able to apply the credit from your eCoupon and effect a refund following these
instructions - After the transaction, you can complete the Customer Assistance form , provide the proof of
used form of payment and include the details of the unused eCoupon to receive a refund of the applicable
value to your original form of payment.
Jul 31, 2012
6 posts
2 upvotes
CALGARY
I just received my pass.
Dear xxxx,

CLASS ACTION: HURST VERSUS AIR CANADA

MISPRICED AIR CANADA 10-SEGMENT FLIGHT PASS IN AUGUST 2015

On November 1st, 2019, the Superior Court of Québec approved a settlement for this class action against Air Canada who is alleged to have refused to honour advertised prices for one of its Flight Passes in contravention of the Consumer Protection Act. These allegations have not been proven in Court.

In accordance with the Court’s approval of the settlement, we deliver to you the $503.14 eCoupon that forms your portion of the share of the settlement. Please keep the redemption codes in a safe place and treat it like cash. The eCoupon will expire after twelve months on December 11, 2020. eCoupon xxxxx pin xxxx

Any applicable usage terms and conditions of the eCoupon can be found here (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... chers.html). In the event of any discrepancy between these website terms and the settlement agreement, the settlement agreement will prevail.

You may redeem the eCoupon in any of the three manners: (1) Online, (2) by calling Air Canada Reservations at 1 (888) 247-2262 (within Canada and the U.S.), or (3) through your travel agent.

Sincerely,
Feb 1, 2009
349 posts
65 upvotes
I Just got my email too!! I'm so happy :)

Congrats! Check your emails!

I can't believe this was more than 4 years ago.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11046 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
Woah... for those that bought multiple passes, did you receive an eCertificate for each purchase you had made?
- Absolute
Aug 18, 2010
976 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton
Alright, where are we all going on vacation for $500?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2977 posts
1874 upvotes
Canadia
Trav wrote: Alright, where are we all going on vacation for $500?
Given the high price of air travel in Canada, I think the answer is "Winnipeg!"

I'm going to wait for a seat sale and book a couple of flights to Victoria next Spring. Not wildly exciting, but it gets us away from the Alberta brown season for a few days.
Nov 27, 2019
5 posts
Just seen my email, got a flight coupon for $503! thanks op! best deal I got just 4 years later
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2977 posts
1874 upvotes
Canadia
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I got the coupon but my wife didn't. Is anyone else in the same boat? Are they taking multiple days to send it? Is there any sort of appeals process?
They said they'd be distributing the coupons between Dec 11-22, I think. So there's a wide window. I got mine yesterday and almost missed it in my mailbox.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2052 posts
423 upvotes
I love the 4 year progression of this thread from amazing deal to outcome of the class action.