Expired Hot Deals

Air Canada Flight Pass - Price Error ($901 for 10 Western Flights)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 16, 2014
88 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
I still havent received mine, anyone else in the same boat?
Nov 27, 2014
10 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In the same boat as you.

I did contact the claim administrator. He said that my email bounced so I asked him to re-send to different email instead of the one that was used during the pass purchase.

He promised that he will notify the Air Canada and I will receive my pass "in the due course". That was on 13th of December.

Since then-nothing. I did follow up on 19th but received auto response saying that he is out of office until 20th.

You can try to contact him at simonlin@evolinklaw.com.

Please update if you get the credit or receive more info
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11074 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
So how many people received multiple eCertificates? Looks like they sent one out for each flight pass purchased, not just one per person.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1225 posts
234 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Absolute wrote: So how many people received multiple eCertificates? Looks like they sent one out for each flight pass purchased, not just one per person.
Both my wife and I got ours in mid December.
Aug 18, 2010
990 posts
285 upvotes
Edmonton
If you are concerned you could book near the end of the year for some time in 2021.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1225 posts
234 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Has anyone had any luck getting their voucher(s) expiration date extended?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11074 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
DarkCanuck wrote: Has anyone had any luck getting their voucher(s) expiration date extended?
Aren't we only 3 months into their 12 month expiry? I don't think you'd have much luck trying to reach them right now ..
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2363 posts
1515 upvotes
I heard that they're allowing people to get a credit who have paid for flights in March but changed their minds due to covid19. The credit seems to be good for another year. But this needs to be confirmed
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3062 posts
485 upvotes
What are our options to extend this “travel credit” for another year? It states that we must use up our travel credit by 2020 and seeing as flights are being cancelled, planes grounded and COVID-19 continuing to spread like wildfire, is there a way we can extend our travel credit?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3040 posts
2045 upvotes
Canadia
ExcelPremium wrote: What are our options to extend this “travel credit” for another year? It states that we must use up our travel credit by 2020 and seeing as flights are being cancelled, planes grounded and COVID-19 continuing to spread like wildfire, is there a way we can extend our travel credit?
The chances of getting an extension are almost zero. Air Canada will hold to the settlement conditions because they will have significant financial issues throughout the remainder of 2020. Realistically, there is a significant likelihood that Air Canada and WestJet will go bankrupt in their current form.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1225 posts
234 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I believe you just need to BOOK the flight by the expiry, and not actually fly by the expiry. That being said, you could book a in early December of this year right before it expires and actually fly say in 2021.

...I think.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11074 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
DarkCanuck wrote: I believe you just need to BOOK the flight by the expiry, and not actually fly by the expiry. That being said, you could book a in early December of this year right before it expires and actually fly say in 2021.

...I think.
Yes, exactly that. You must book by 2021, but your flights can be as far ahead as the schedule allows (generally airlines let you book almost one year into the future).

So there is no need to extend the expiry.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2363 posts
1515 upvotes
Absolute wrote: Yes, exactly that. You must book by 2021, but your flights can be as far ahead as the schedule allows (generally airlines let you book almost one year into the future).

So there is no need to extend the expiry.
But what if I haven't decided by the end of 2020 when/where I want to travel in 2021? With the covid situation being so unpredictable....

Another option I was thinking is that Air Canada currently is offering credits to anyone who booked by March 31 2020. And the credits are valid until March 31 2021. Our credits are only good through Dec 2020. We could use our credit to book a flight (doesn't matter when or where) by March 31 2020, then cancel, thus extending our credit expiry from Dec 2020 to Mar 31 2021? In theory it should work, but has anyone actually tried it? Only 2 days left to test it...