• Oct 22nd, 2020 7:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1244 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver

[Air Canada] Infinite Canada Flight Pass

For people interested in travelling within Canada, Air Canada's selling a flat rate Flight pass. Prices start at $2100 for most Canadian gateways (one month use).

Since Toronto's the center of the world, I'm happy to inform you that your price is $2260. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Sale applies to Canadian residents only.
Last edited by dekay on Sep 16th, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
86 replies
May 26, 2020
102 posts
314 upvotes
The number of services that should have been available pre-pandemic and are only now being unveiled to consumers is baffling and actually making me develop a disdain for them. So many airlines have screwed people over for years - Air Canada's right at the top of my list - and now expect us to save them.
Dec 29, 2008
275 posts
263 upvotes
Mississauga
wow, $2k per month, regardless, great deal for those who travels a lot.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15842 posts
2101 upvotes
GTA
when a restaurant switches to AYCE model, it's usually on its last legs
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5813 posts
1783 upvotes
Toronto
The real question is do you get Aeroplan + Altitude miles...

EDIT: turns out you do earn Altitude Qualifying Miles
May 8, 2016
83 posts
444 upvotes
Paying 2k so they get even more chances to screw up your sht? No thanks
Jul 10, 2007
434 posts
372 upvotes
Edmonton
actng wrote: when a restaurant switches to AYCE model, it's usually on its last legs
It is very unlikely that the FEDS would allow them to fail. They will be bailed out repeatedly if needed.
Mar 26, 2015
206 posts
516 upvotes
Montreal, QC
actng wrote: when a restaurant switches to AYCE model, it's usually on its last legs
It's happened with American Airlines: AAirpass (Wikipedia)

"The program (now re-branded as AirPass) initially enabled passholders unlimited first class travel on any of the airline's flights worldwide. Lifetime membership was priced at $250,000, with the option to purchase a companion pass for an additional $150,000. [...] The program was launched at a time when the airline was struggling financially and in need of a quick infusion of cash."

Edited: for emphasis and clarity
Last edited by quasarito on Sep 16th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2012
443 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Xeerochild wrote: The real question is do you get Aeroplan + Altitude miles...

EDIT: turns out you do earn Altitude Qualifying Miles
Its capped at the purchase. So at 100% of miles flown YYZ-YVR-YYZ is 4000 miles so only 3 RT (flights are very cheap nowadays) to get 10K AQM. I was looking into this to see if I could score SE100K cheaply but that would be too good to be true it seems Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

5,000 AQMs and Aeroplan miles per month on the Standard Flight Pass
10,000 AQMs and Aeroplan miles per month on the Flex Flight Pass
15,000 AQMs and Aeroplan miles per month on the Latitude Flight Pass

Source: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/one-wee ... ight-pass/
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3618 posts
2881 upvotes
smartie wrote: Government is behind them, that's why they can keep on screwing people and don't care
We're one of the last if not last country to not have bailed out the national airline yet

Maybe if the feds gave AC Billions like Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific and etc they will be better though even after getting Billions, Lufthansa is still not refunding
Last edited by StatsGuy on Sep 16th, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8317 posts
3764 upvotes
Markham
StatsGuy wrote: We're one of the last if not last country to not bailed out the national airline yet

Maybe if the feds have AC Billions like Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific and etc they will be better though even after getting Billions, Lufthansa is still not refunding
Yep

It you let them continue to rip off people daily, you don't need bail out. Same for banks
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1411 posts
302 upvotes
This doesn't even seem like a good deal to me.

$2,260 per month for unlimited travel. Great. But how many flights can you take in that time while still actually enjoying where you land? Seems kinda pointless if you actually want to see Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6738 posts
3141 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Except AC will never go down as they have government support.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine