Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Infinite Canada Flight Pass

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 7:39 am
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
golfcraze wrote: It is very unlikely that the FEDS would allow them to fail. They will be bailed out repeatedly if needed.
Exactly...Just look at the billions Bombardier got from the Federal and Provincial government... the company still sold off its assets, paid their executives millions in bonuses, laid off thousands and got kicked off the TSX.

The money would have better been spent by just giving each BB employee 300K...

Sadly enough corporate welfare handouts to Bombardier will still continue despite no one learning a damn thing (as Canadians wonder why their taxed so much....)
Nov 5, 2008
51 posts
28 upvotes
AA - just read up on this, there were 2 guys that had their passes revoked, one for selling the companion seat but the rule apparently was put into after he bought the pass and the other one for using his companion seat for his luggage under fake names. Interesting either way.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4830 posts
3184 upvotes
Vancouver
thomascook12 wrote: The territories, Manitoba, and Atlantic Canada.
Manitoba is only for people coming from out of the country or from the east. Residents of BC do not have to isolate when entering the territories.

Ron.
Last edited by newfbc on Sep 17th, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 21, 2013
722 posts
392 upvotes
Calgary
knc06 wrote: AA - just read up on this, there were 2 guys that had their passes revoked, one for selling the companion seat but the rule apparently was put into after he bought the pass and the other one for using his companion seat for his luggage under fake names. Interesting either way.
But this was a lifetime unlimited pass to any destination in the world. Not completely the same.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4830 posts
3184 upvotes
Vancouver
TheImp wrote: If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, I may have jumped on this.. but.. you know..
If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, this offer would not be available.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3617 posts
2879 upvotes
webworm wrote: AC is looking for another Cash Infusion from taxpayers in addition to the funds they are already sitting on from cancelled flights.
another? when did they get a first one? I don't see how they're any different though, they should get a few billions just same as every other national carrier. Lufthansa got several billions euros and still don't have to refund
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
newfbc wrote: If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, this offer would not be available.

Ron.
Air Canada Executives need to eat too....
Aug 27, 2006
345 posts
717 upvotes
GTA
AriGold89 wrote: The number of services that should have been available pre-pandemic and are only now being unveiled to consumers is baffling and actually making me develop a disdain for them. So many airlines have screwed people over for years - Air Canada's right at the top of my list - and now expect us to save them.
This is not new.
Air Canada always had Flight Passes.
Both unlimited and credit based (ex: 6 flight credits whenever to selected regions for $xxxx; useful for business people and whoever have second home in Florida because the last minute tickets could go for a thousand, but you pre-paid at a couple hundred $)

and Promotions from any company is based on current market characteristics.
Last edited by el'ation on Sep 17th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
knc06 wrote: using his companion seat for his luggage under fake names. Interesting either way.
Kudos if he was creative enough to used the fake name Miss Lug Age....
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1533 posts
73 upvotes
i wonder if this qualifies for the TD aeroplan infinite's offer of 10 miles per $1 spent at aircanada.com
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2232 posts
171 upvotes
stay the ___ home people! we don't need cases to sky rocket again.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4749 posts
1094 upvotes
Abbottabad
Damn. If only they introduced this in March. Woulda been a great way to use those CERB cheques.
Dec 17, 2010
376 posts
144 upvotes
I'm just thinking how many times i need to fly to make this worth it in one month? Starting from Vancouver... and how many places I need to travel to
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
Stunt_101 wrote: stay the ___ home people! we don't need cases to sky rocket again.
Ironic that a government subsidized airliner is preaching the exact opposite....
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Damn. If only they introduced this in March. Woulda been a great way to use those CERB cheques.
Glad to know my tax dollars went to someone who didnt need it.