[Air Canada] Infinite Canada Flight Pass

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 7:39 am
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1205 posts
1564 upvotes
West
MangoFruit wrote: I'm just thinking how many times i need to fly to make this worth it in one month? Starting from Vancouver... and how many places I need to travel to
Considering Atlantic Canada is essentially out of the question due to the 14-day quarantine rule, your farthest destination would likely be ON/QC. Right now, they are running approx. ~$450 per RT, so you would need 5+ RTs to make it "worth it", per month.

Despite there being some added perks, I'm not sure if those numbers make great sense right now (unless you have endless time to kill, are minimal risk to others, or are having to travel frequently anyway), considering COVID and the current fares.
Nov 24, 2018
241 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Nhuynh555 wrote: 14 days quarantine between most provinces so pretty much 2 flights max a month
Please make your facts right; it's not true 14 days of quarantine interprovince, not all province.
BC aren't, Alberta aren't, Ontario Aren't, Quebec aren't. Atlantic locks themselve for very long time now.
"Most" has not much meaning much.
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/disease ... sks/travel
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Nov 24, 2018
241 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
knc06 wrote: AA - just read up on this, there were 2 guys that had their passes revoked, one for selling the companion seat but the rule apparently was put into after he bought the pass and the other one for using his companion seat for his luggage under fake names. Interesting either way.
Lots of RFDer; spend 30sec googling to wash down stuff they won't buy, its pathetic.
Air Can isn't offering lifetime flight anyways, what's the comparison here? really.?
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
golfcraze wrote: It is very unlikely that the FEDS would allow them to fail. They will be bailed out repeatedly if needed.
An airline can be saved without rescuing the shareholders or debt holders. That includes debt held by customers.
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Jan 13, 2004
821 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
whatever flights you book will just be cancelled anyways
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8351 posts
1243 upvotes
Vancouver
DON231 wrote: Terms and conditions:
No Altitude Qualifying Segments and no other Altitude Qualifying Miles, Aeroplan Miles or other airline frequent flyer / loyalty program miles will be awarded in conjunction with Unlimited Flight Passes
https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/servlet ... C000019999
Thanks for pointing that out. I dont know how air Canada expects the majority of their elites to maintain their status in 2022 based on how grim business flying looks on 2021.

Myself I’ll probably do the Turkish air trick to keep star gold and altitude can go f itself
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 17, 2003
970 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
AC had a similar pass about 15 years go - unlimited NA flying in the winter on saturday, sunday, monday and thursdays for around $700 a month. if i recall they did it three years straight

My then girlfriend lived in NYC at the time and I would visit her weekly plus added a few trips like Florida. Loved the feeling that you paid for it so use it. it was so flexible and affordable.
Apr 6, 2002
610 posts
136 upvotes
YVR
A quick reading it doesn't seem to collect redeemable miles. Otherwise if one is bored enough with the whole Covid, one can really do the mileage run of the lifetime.

Edit: NVM... it only collects up to 15000EQM
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Sep 14, 2020
122 posts
65 upvotes
Air Canada is top of the list worst company. They flat out refused all refunds and only refunded what was forced on them (US DOT). Never again Air Canada. Westjet domestically (lesser of 2 evils) or foreign companies for intl flights
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1267 posts
1814 upvotes
beserk1 wrote: whatever flights you book will just be cancelled anyways
Not only that... Fly then do what?
Half of everything is either limited or closed and pandemic protocols almost guarantees you wont enjoy going anywhere.
Jul 10, 2007
434 posts
372 upvotes
Edmonton
NFN_NLN wrote: An airline can be saved without rescuing the shareholders or debt holders. That includes debt held by customers.
You're absolutely right. However, what scenario can you imagine would it be politically palatable for a government to rescue a multi-billion dollar corporation from the brink of bankruptcy without also helping the thousands of vote-eligible customers as well? Of course, if AC is saved by private investors, that's a different story. But if Warren Buffett is getting out of the airline business, I don't think there's a line up to save AC by outside investors.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19395 posts
6473 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
All-you-can-COVID for a low monthly price?
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
golfcraze wrote:
You're absolutely right. However, what scenario can you imagine would it be politically palatable for a government to rescue a multi-billion dollar corporation from the brink of bankruptcy without also helping the thousands of vote-eligible customers as well?
Purchasing flights instead of taking a bus? Sorry pal, that's white privilege.

Trudeau is willing to sacrifice middle class votes, because for every one he sacrifices he gets multiple votes from the poor, the jobless, students, etc. The government no longer cares about the working middle class.
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes