Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Infinite Canada Flight Pass

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 5:59 am
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
Xeerochild wrote: The real question is do you get Aeroplan + Altitude miles...

EDIT: turns out you do earn Altitude Qualifying Miles
How do u use earned miles for free flights or low cost ones?
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: This doesn't even seem like a good deal to me.

$2,260 per month for unlimited travel. Great. But how many flights can you take in that time while still actually enjoying where you land? Seems kinda pointless if you actually want to see Canada.
If you fly once each day its $70 a trip ($2100/30days). Or $525/week ...

Might be worth it compared to just buying tickets... Its probably for tourists.

Does any airline going to the US have this too?

Or anywhere else in the world even?

Greyhound had a all u can travel for $150 years ago, included the US AND CANADA...
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2535 posts
1239 upvotes
Barrie
smartie wrote: Yep

It you let them continue to rip off people daily, you don't need bail out. Same for banks
As someone who has first-hand knowledge of this industry...Canadians aren't getting ripped off. Sure the prices aren't as cheap as people would like them to be, but airlines operate on 2% margins...think about that for a second. For every $100 they are able to squeeze out of your pocket, they put $2 in the bank to be able to pay employees, vendors, utilities, gas, etc.

This industry is quite large in Canada and employes a very large number of Canadians and while many other industries have seen bails out, travel, tourism, and airlines haven't had a defined bailout package for their industry yet.
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: This doesn't even seem like a good deal to me.

$2,260 per month for unlimited travel. Great. But how many flights can you take in that time while still actually enjoying where you land? Seems kinda pointless if you actually want to see Canada.
If you fly once each day its $70 a trip ($2100/30days). Or $525/week ...

Might be worth it compared to just buying tickets... Its probably for tourists.

Does any airline going to the US have this too?

Or anywhere else in the world even?

Greyhound had a all u can travel for $150 years ago, included the US AND CANADA...
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: As someone who has first-hand knowledge of this industry...Canadians aren't getting ripped off. Sure the prices aren't as cheap as people would like them to be, but airlines operate on 2% margins...think about that for a second. For every $100 they are able to squeeze out of your pocket, they put $2 in the bank to be able to pay employees, vendors, utilities, gas, etc.

This industry is quite large in Canada and employes a very large number of Canadians and while many other industries have seen bails out, travel, tourism, and airlines haven't had a defined bailout package for their industry yet.
Lol, airlines, car companies, trains, are all dressed up government departments. The label doesn't matter. Tesla is Hundred Points Symbol government backed. So are airlines. They fly with 5 ppl to far destinations as scheduled all the time. U cant operate like that unless u hv some govt privileges... Time we all woke up...
Oct 23, 2017
36 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
Stupid question, but aren’t you supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after traveling anyways, even traveling within Canada? In that case, that’s only like 2 flights a month then...
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2535 posts
1239 upvotes
Barrie
GreenLean wrote: Lol, airlines, car companies, trains, are all dressed up government departments. The label doesn't matter. Tesla is Hundred Points Symbol government backed. So are airlines. They fly with 5 ppl to far destinations as scheduled all the time. U cant operate like that unless u hv some govt privileges... Time we all woke up...
so you work for an airline then?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4387 posts
941 upvotes
Sanek2k6 wrote: Stupid question, but aren’t you supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after traveling anyways, even traveling within Canada? In that case, that’s only like 2 flights a month then...
It depends on the provinces. https://time-to-travel.ca/where-canadia ... travel-now Obviously if you're travelling to provinces with the self isolation in effect then you wouldn't even be considering the Flight Pass and Air Canada isn't targeting you.
Jan 31, 2009
246 posts
217 upvotes
Woodbridge
Me against all possible logic: Meh, $2k to travel around western Canada all month, what a deal. I'll buy.

Trudeau and all premiers 72 hours after purchase while boarding to Toronto for the 2nd time in 48 hours, cause why not: Provincial borders shut due to surge in COVID-19 cases!

Me on hold with Air Canada: Nothing we can do sir, thanks for supporting Air Canada during these difficult times.

12 days later: Positive covid test

Sounds like a future Toronto Star article.
Aug 31, 2012
487 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Me262A1 wrote: Air Canada is top of the list worst company. They flat out refused all refunds and only refunded what was forced on them (US DOT). Never again Air Canada. Westjet domestically (lesser of 2 evils) or foreign companies for intl flights
WestJet is as bad as Air Canada. They refused to provide refunds as well for flights THEY cancelled. And if they moved your flight departure by 2 days they didn’t even consider it a cancellation, they said it was a flight change! As if it was a couple hours difference and expected you to adjust your travel itinerary with short notice.

I will always choose foreign operated (eg US or UK) over a Canadian airline in the future. I learned my lesson! At least they tried to protect the consumers. And AC and the gov shot themselves in the foot because now no one wants to book even far into the future. So they have lost potential “new bookings”.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5564 posts
1692 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: I wonder how many mile high clubs you could join in 30 days?
Isn’t it just one club?

Or are there clubs associated to each airplane?