• Aug 23rd, 2021 11:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2922 posts
1411 upvotes
GTA

Air Canada misleading ad - book travel to US

I keep seeing Air Canada ads that border is open and to book leisure travel to US.

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/flights ... ted-states
The U.S., open for big adventures

Fully vaccinated Canadians can now fly to and from the U.S. with ease.

Famed U.S. sights from the East Coast to the West Coast are as close as ever. Get going again to see top landmarks, explore celebrated natural attractions, dig into incredible cuisines, and experience the unique culture across the U.S.
AFAIK, US border is closed for non essential travel. Why Air Canada is putting misleading ads?
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
5782 posts
4927 upvotes
Oakville, ON
headleygrange wrote: I keep seeing Air Canada ads that border is open and to book leisure travel to US.

AFAIK, US border is closed for non essential travel. Why Air Canada is putting misleading ads?
There’s a difference between the land borders which are indeed closed vs air travel which has basically been open the whole time.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16248 posts
21225 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote: I keep seeing Air Canada ads that border is open and to book leisure travel to US.

The land border is closed for non-essential travel. Is is still possible to take a flight to the US.

Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
1545 posts
62 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: AFAIK, US border is closed for non essential travel. Why Air Canada is putting misleading ads?
Canada/US land border is closed for non-essential travel.

Air border has never been closed, and you could fly over all you want.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2922 posts
1411 upvotes
GTA
Wow. Thanks for explaining! Good thinking on their part - crowded indoor spaces like airport and flights are not the places where Covid spreads.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland
headleygrange wrote: Wow. Thanks for explaining! Good thinking on their part - crowded indoor spaces like airport and flights are not the places where Covid spreads.
Yeah man Costco, dinning in, malls or inside an airport huge difference. Especially cause one requires you to be negative tested to enter.

Stop fear mongering
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2563 posts
2516 upvotes
Ottawa
Energie11 wrote: Yeah man Costco, dinning in, malls or inside an airport huge difference. Especially cause one requires you to be negative tested to enter.

Stop fear mongering
While I agree with your statement in general, you don't need a negative test to enter an airport. They only check your temperature at security.

US pre-clearance is likely the exception. I suspect the US border agents check for a negative test if you're passing through an airport that does pre-clearance.

To board international flights you generally need some combination of vaccination and a negative test result, but as far as I know that's checked at the gate.
Mar 4, 2003
440 posts
117 upvotes
Newmarket
I just flew to the US, and nobody ever asked to see my test on the way out. CBP asked to see test on return.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5115 posts
1736 upvotes
Mississauga
Dynatos wrote: While I agree with your statement in general, you don't need a negative test to enter an airport. They only check your temperature at security.

US pre-clearance is likely the exception. I suspect the US border agents check for a negative test if you're passing through an airport that does pre-clearance.

To board international flights you generally need some combination of vaccination and a negative test result, but as far as I know that's checked at the gate.
The airline is responsible for checking the covid test results and attestation form. The CBP agent have never asked for it. On return trips, both the airline and customs agent will check for the test results.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5115 posts
1736 upvotes
Mississauga
CheapDude69 wrote: What an ignorant post!
Give him/her a break. OP already acknowledged he/she wasn't aware about it only being land border.
Sep 19, 2019
187 posts
325 upvotes
vancouver
GateGuardian wrote: Give him/her a break. OP already acknowledged he/she wasn't aware about it only being land border.
No its ignorant because instead of EASILY looking it up he posted complaining and attacking AC: "Why Air Canada is putting misleading ads? "

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)