Air Canada reference code

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 11:11 pm
[OP]
Feb 10, 2017
78 posts
44 upvotes

Air Canada reference code

Hey guys, I booked a trip more than a week ago and was ticketed a reference code, boarding pass and barcode, everything, yet when I search my code on their website, nothing comes up and my credit card has not been charged.

Their hotline is totally useless POS, their wait times are so long that they can't even put you on hold.

Anyone experience this before?
4 replies
May 16, 2017
927 posts
994 upvotes
"Boarding Pass"? You can't have a boarding pass unless you are withing 24hrs of your departure.

Did you book directly with Air Canada or was it Aeroplan or someone else?

Do you have a ticket # (if AC, starting with 014) also referenced on your eTicket?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18115 posts
2617 upvotes
Langley
I would probably check my credit card authorizations one more time, then buy the ticket again.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2017
78 posts
44 upvotes
Problem solved guys and boarding pass was probably not the right word.

We were issued a ticket (ie complete itinerary and bar code). After waiting on the line for an hour last night, I finally got a hold of someone. Apparently this is a known problem in there system - it will ticket you via e-mail but doesn't actually ticket in their system, hence you don't get charge, despite you getting the full PDF confirmation and everything. This is pretty bad...I mean if it wasn't for me selecting a seat, I probably wouldn't have touched this again for a few months till the trip actually came close. Imagine (if you don't watch your credit card bills) finding out days/hours before your trip you actually don't have a ticket.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8066 posts
1006 upvotes
Vancouver
Where did you book? Aircanada.com or third party
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.