Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Toronto to London & return back from Dublin – $498 CAD open-jaw flights w/ Air Canada

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 11:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2811 posts
12098 upvotes

[Air Canada] Toronto to London & return back from Dublin – $498 CAD open-jaw flights w/ Air Canada

Deal courtesy of Next Departure.

Select dates departing from January to early-April & mid-October to early-December

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal/to ... -181238975
15 replies
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5167 posts
8082 upvotes
Montreal
Where's the beef?
The flights between London & Dublin is NOT included.
It's Air Canada basic = NO CHECKED BAG.
Air Transat and Westjet do Toronto/London for $526 - $538... regularly!
Iceland Air does Toronto/Dublin (with 1 stop in Reykjavik) for $543.
Unless you absolutely want to see 2 cities in one trip... much ado about nothing.
Images
  • Screenshot (587).png
  • Screenshot (588).png
  • Screenshot (589).png
  • Screenshot (590).png
Last edited by Temporel on Jan 3rd, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1906 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
^westjet you show is 2 stops and the ac one from OP is direct.. so you save time overall and there no risk of missing a connecting flight
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5167 posts
8082 upvotes
Montreal
zero_ wrote: ^westjet you show is 2 stops and the ac one from OP is direct.. so you save time overall and there no risk of missing a connecting flight

Nope, it's non-stop.

Screenshot (591).png
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 20, 2003
11248 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: It's Air Canada basic = NO CHECKED BAG.
And there is the key word... Basic. Something to avoid as soon as you see it!
- Absolute
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5167 posts
8082 upvotes
Montreal
Absolute wrote: And there is the key word... Basic. Something to avoid as soon as you see it!
Right on.
@overboost Did you have to pay to select your seats? How much? Is it a red-eye (overnight) flight?
Sr. Member
Jan 11, 2009
522 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
yeah between buying your own flight to dublin/paying for checked bags this deal isint hot...
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
133 posts
271 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Where's the beef?
The flights between London & Dublin is NOT included.
It's Air Canada basic = NO CHECKED BAG.
Air Transat and Westjet do Toronto/London for $526 - $538... regularly!
Iceland Air does Toronto/Dublin (with 1 stop in Reykjavik) for $543.
Unless you absolutely want to see 2 cities in one trip... much ado about nothing.
Are there any checked bags with the fares you posted for WestJet and Air Transat? I was under the impression that most airlines, if not all, have basic fares that do not include checked bags. When you check on Google Flights, the prices shown are generally basic fares.

Flights from London to Dublin are relatively cheap on Ryanair, easyJet, and Norwegian Air.

While this isn't a great deal for those that need checked bags, it's still a great deal for backpackers and travellers that do not carry much luggage.
Member
Aug 12, 2014
230 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto, ON
StrangeThings wrote: Are there any checked bags with the fares you posted for WestJet and Air Transat? I was under the impression that most airlines, if not all, have basic fares that do not include checked bags. When you check on Google Flights, the prices shown are generally basic fares.

Flights from London to Dublin are relatively cheap on Ryanair, easyJet, and Norwegian Air.

While this isn't a great deal for those that need checked bags, it's still a great deal for backpackers and travellers that do not carry much luggage.
basic fares can include not one but two checked bags allowance such as those flights going to Asia. not much competition because of the joint ventures (revenue sharing) for trans Atlantic flights basically airlines can dictate the terms that they want whereas flying to asia, there are way less joint ventures (UA/ANA or delta/Korean Air) so the likes such as AC has to match bag allowance to their asian competitors or they risk losing customers since they fail to compete on price already.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 17, 2004
760 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't pay for the seat selection. Will wait 24hrs before my flight. Flight leaves at around 9am for the date I picked.
Temporel wrote: Right on.
@overboost Did you have to pay to select your seats? How much? Is it a red-eye (overnight) flight?
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5167 posts
8082 upvotes
Montreal
StrangeThings wrote: Are there any checked bags with the fares you posted for WestJet and Air Transat? (...) Flights from London to Dublin are relatively cheap on Ryanair, easyJet, and Norwegian Air. While this isn't a great deal for those that need checked bags, it's still a great deal for backpackers and travellers that do not carry much luggage.
I did not say that the Westjet and Air Transat deals included checked bags.
I mentioned those just to make the point that this is the Hot Deals forum and that the Air Canada deal is quite ordinary: no big discount, no Free checked bag.

It's true that flights are relatively cheap on European low cost carriers but not so much if you have to check a bag.
For example, with Ryanair, a checked bag will add $50 per segment to the basic $30 ticket price:

Ryanair London --> Dublin on April 16th, 2020
$30 One small cabin bag 40x20x25 cm (no carry on, no checked bag);
$68 One small cabin bag, one 10 kg carry on (no checked bag);
$80 One small cabin bag, one carry on, one 20 kg checked bag.

Here is an example of a real Hot Deal with Air Canada: Toronto to Shanghai Feb./March - non-stop with 2 checked bags for $621 and no open-jaw (return from another city) gimmick. That's Hot because the competition is around $900.

Screenshot (594).png

If you are looking for real flight deals, put the following in your favorites and watch daily:

YYZ deals That guy is a PRO and won’t cry wolf every time there’s a $30 discount somewhere. You can also select other departure cities.

Secret Flying (They only steal from others without giving credit but they are useful.)

http://toronto.yulair.com/

Fly For Free Toronto (not very active)
Last edited by Temporel on Jan 4th, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member
Oct 26, 2011
431 posts
187 upvotes
overboost wrote: I didn't pay for the seat selection. Will wait 24hrs before my flight. Flight leaves at around 9am for the date I picked.
But basic doesn't include seat selection even at check-in time you have to pay to change your seat.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
4115 posts
2021 upvotes
I will never trust basic fare again, the price difference isn't worth it.
Newbie
Jan 4, 2011
21 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: Where's the beef?
The flights between London & Dublin is NOT included.
It's Air Canada basic = NO CHECKED BAG.
Air Transat and Westjet do Toronto/London for $526 - $538... regularly!
Iceland Air does Toronto/Dublin (with 1 stop in Reykjavik) for $543.
Unless you absolutely want to see 2 cities in one trip... much ado about nothing.
OP's deal is still a good deal for the Easter weekend (Apr 8-15). Google Flights show $635 whereas OP's deal for Apr 8-16 is CA$500.
Images
  • Toronto-London.PNG
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1295 posts
1020 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MyNameWasTaken wrote: I will never trust basic fare again, the price difference isn't worth it.
I wish there was a way to penalize or boycott the airline with bad practices. But then I wouldn't be able to fly at all lol

Top