Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Toronto-Tokyo = $2400 non-stop, business class (~2000 w/code)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 6:38 am
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
428 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto

[Air Canada] Toronto-Tokyo = $2400 non-stop, business class (~2000 w/code)

For anyone who may have missed the other couple of times that this route went on sale. Good for travel until the end of the bookable 2021. The latest I can book a week is for the dates in the link, Aug 17-24, 2021. I am very aware of the issues people had with Air Canada and the problematic current COVID climate, yet there are many people who still continue to fly and will do so in the future.

This fare is refundable ($500 fee) so if cancelled by Air Canada your money should be returned back to you and you won't be forced into taking a credit or gift card.

If you have an Aeroplan credit card, they should have sent an email out with a code a couple of weeks ago that expires the end of tomorrow that is good for 15% off base fares. This may bring down the price some more to about 2000 CAD total.

GF Link: https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#fl ... b;sd:1;t:f
Last edited by donttoewsmebro on Sep 29th, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
59 replies
Dec 20, 2018
205 posts
319 upvotes
I'm not sure the normal ratio but seeing as this seems to be about 4 or 5 x economy, seems pricey. Then again, business always seems pricey to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3711 posts
1167 upvotes
anthony9 wrote: I'm not sure the normal ratio but seeing as this seems to be about 4 or 5 x economy, seems pricey. Then again, business always seems pricey to me.
how do you get 4-5x? economy is $994 for the same dates.. lol

edit: oh, maybe other dates? I only checked OPs link. Business (layflat) is totally worth it for a 13h flight, if it's a good price or you can afford it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5128 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto
anthony9 wrote: I'm not sure the normal ratio but seeing as this seems to be about 4 or 5 x economy, seems pricey. Then again, business always seems pricey to me.
Business class return for this route is usually around $5,000 (pre-COVID obviously).

My only issue is that, well, Japan isn't really that great in the middle of summer (which is the latest you can go), and obviously the earlier you go, the greater the risks are with the potential COVID situation. If booking for October/November was open, I'd be seriously tempted at this price.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15840 posts
2099 upvotes
GTA
the last time i've seen a $2300 getting you a direct flight in business class across the pacific... was 10 yrs ago... and it was an economy M class ticket... and you had to have aeroplan status to upgrade to business class... assuming there was availability in J class...

so $2400 ten years later for a legit business class seat without any wait for upgrades or availability is a good deal.

is this fully refundable? guess not right?
Last edited by actng on Sep 29th, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 28, 2007
89 posts
148 upvotes
Why bother paying for Business? Planes are so empty these days you have the entire section to yourself in economy.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
428 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: is this fully refundable? guess not right?
$500 CAD cancellation fee.
Images
  • Policy.png
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
428 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
majorwang wrote: Why bother paying for Business? Planes are so empty these days you have the entire section to yourself in economy.
I would imagine no one is going to book this flight until at least March of next year. Travel will most likely increase by then. Nowhere near normal for sure but perhaps nowhere near empty enough to guarantee your own row in economy.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5224 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
majorwang wrote: Why bother paying for Business? Planes are so empty these days you have the entire section to yourself in economy.
More perks in business class.

Heard with A/C if this gets cancelled you get refunded in credits vs an actual refund. Is that still the case with them?
Dec 7, 2015
82 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton
Dont forget the bid upgrade/ last minute upgrade options. With business cabins having lighter loads, could be a less expensive way to get up front
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
428 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
glover78 wrote: Heard with A/C if this gets cancelled you get refunded in credits vs an actual refund. Is that still the case with them?
This is a refundable fare so they would give you your money back. If you choose to cancel it is a $500 refund fee.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26775 posts
5980 upvotes
Hamilton
This is too baller for me

I’ll wait for $595 flight
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5128 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is the timeframe... it's a deal if you're booking for 11 months from now and gambling that the situation is going to be significantly different from now. I agree, it's not a deal if you're booking in the short term.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1734 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
Keep buying those ghost tickets and hope the best guys. Japan doesn’t run by air Canada’s flight schedule.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
428 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
kuothebest wrote: Keep buying those ghost tickets and hope the best guys. Japan doesn’t run by air Canada’s flight schedule.
Good thing it's a refundable fare so they will just return your money. I have a non-refundable business class AC fare coming up (Dec-Feb, SOF-YYZ) they just changed my flight times by 1.5 hours and are letting me get a full refund to my credit card.