Get CareFree & CareFlexPlus travel protection plans for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 3:29 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2009
29 posts
44 upvotes
Arviat

[Air Canada Vacations] Get CareFree & CareFlexPlus travel protection plans for FREE

I thought this was a great deal for booking now and travel later to Mexico and Carrebean. Free trip protection, change your vacation, only $100 deposit, and get total refund upto within 25 days of departure. No one else offers anything like this.

Book your vacation early with total peace of mind!

Get our CareFree & CareFlexPlus travel protection plans for FREE1! (Regular price: $99 per person)
These plans include everything you need to book with peace of mind, like free seat selection, the ability to change or transfer your reservation, or to cancel with a full refund2.

+ NEW! Book with a deposit! That's right, book your vacation with a deposit of only $100 per person and pay the rest later3!

+ Get $400 OFF per family or $200 OFF per couple

Book between: July 6 and September 7, 2020
9 replies
Jul 14, 2004
255 posts
172 upvotes
Does it cover medical in case of Covid-19? If so I might consider a vacation.

Read an article this am that insurance companies will not cover you if you travel and get Covid-19 while vacationing. Also the Canadian government will not repatriate in-case of new shutdowns/lockdowns. Know the risks before booking. If you're cool with the risks... enjoy ... bon voyage!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel ... -1.5653964
Mar 18, 2017
111 posts
253 upvotes
Its A/C. Not worth the paper its written on.
Read the fine print...not valid on days ending in "y"; Can't be used for trips longer than 1 day; Canadian destinations only....etc.
Wish the gov't would let them go bankrupt!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3288 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Considering there is a travel advisory to all countries I don't think any insurance will cover you unless they explicitly state so.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
Avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada and avoid all cruise ship travel until further notice.

Many countries continue to have strict travel restrictions in place, and the availability of options for international transportation remain limited. As a result you may have difficulty returning to Canada. While some countries are partially opening their borders, we continue to advise against non-essential travel outside of Canada. We also continue to advise that you avoid all cruise ship travel until further notice.

The governments of those destinations that have opened their borders to tourists could impose strict travel restrictions suddenly, should they experience an increase in cases of COVID-19. International transportation options could be reduced significantly, making it difficult for you to return to Canada. There are no plans to offer additional repatriation flights. Should you decide to travel despite our advisories, know that you might have to remain abroad longer than you expected.

If you choose to travel despite these advisories:

you may have difficulty obtaining essential products and services
you may suddenly face strict movement restrictions and quarantines at designated facilities and at your own cost
your insurance may not cover your travel or medical expenses
we may have limited capacity to offer you consular services.
If you are currently outside Canada or you are returning home, see COVID-19 safety and security advice for Canadians abroad.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1281 posts
399 upvotes
you only get full refund if it was something like 60 -90 days in advanced, anything else they keep your money as vouchers
Mar 15, 2008
334 posts
210 upvotes
AstonM wrote: Considering there is a travel advisory to all countries I don't think any insurance will cover you unless they explicitly state so.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
Trawick International and Seven Corners are both offering travel insurance policies that include COVID-19 coverage and are valid no matter what the advisories are. I will be traveling to reunite with my girlfriend next week in Mexico since Canada and her country have both barred foreigners and purchased the Trawick insurance plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1196 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
you know what...I hate Air Canada

it is suck airline is monopoly here compare to Europe/Asia
Jun 1, 2005
148 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
I got terrible experience with Air Canada Vacation. Trying to call their customer service, it is at least 2 hour wait no matter when you call. These guys are really the worst in the vacation business. My 2 cents.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19304 posts
7816 upvotes
Toronto
For all complaining about Air Canada...I've done both AC and Sunwing...and trust me, Air Canada will feel like you're in heaven. And these two generally are the only options most of the time (along with AT who's just as bad)

"If its on time, its not Sunwing"