Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada Vacations] Mexico/Caribbean BOGO 50% Off Second Vacation Package + Free Airport Parking

Sep 9, 2015
741 posts
395 upvotes
Nanaimo
dloc12 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 11:53 am
These are still overpriced vs sunwing or transat. You're really just paying for the AC brand at this point, their level of service is not at all superior.
AC has the worst service I've ever experienced from an airline, on multiple occasions. I don't use them for personal travel anymore, but sometimes I have to for work, always ridiculous. I looked at packages, and there are some savings to be had if you go during the week. The problem is it's not only tuesday departures, but in January. So if you're going with kids it's tough. I just booked a vacation through Transat in March, sunday to sunday (direct flight from Victoria to PV), and it was less than the "regular" prices in January through AC.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4883 posts
1599 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just make sure you have good flight delay/cancellation and lost baggage insurance when you fly Air Canada.. And I agree worst service..especially yyz
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1179 posts
338 upvotes
do your homework on where you going as the seaweed and smell problems from that really hampered mexico , dominican and other places and those gov never cleaned up in any timely manner so that completely spoils vacation if you end up in resort with those issues unless you like walking far away to try and find cleaner beaches that may not have the smell from that sulphur seaweed rotting :)
Apr 8, 2015
821 posts
820 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Any places that strike as a great deal?

I can personally vouch for the grand bahia cayacoa resort in Semana, DR. Small resort, small beach, limited entertainment but amazing vistas and good food.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16684 posts
6533 upvotes
Oakville
smoraes wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 5:48 pm
do your homework on where you going as the seaweed and smell problems from that really hampered mexico , dominican and other places and those gov never cleaned up in any timely manner so that completely spoils vacation if you end up in resort with those issues unless you like walking far away to try and find cleaner beaches that may not have the smell from that sulphur seaweed rotting :)
Note that "doing your research" with regards to sargassum isn't necessarily that useful. I went to the same resort two years in a row - the first year, completely inundated with sargassum, the next year, none at all. Shifting currents and weather patterns make it very unpredictable. Even resorts with really excellent cleanup programs can get overrun, if you get an unlucky bad week. If you're researching, any review more than 6 months old will be out of date (and even then, could still be out of date if more recent than that).

Luckily, my family is all about the pool. One day playing in the sand is plenty for everyone.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1115 posts
238 upvotes
splitskull wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 11:15 am
anyone has a scan of the free airport parking cupon? Thanks
I think they are one time use.