Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Vancouver & Calgary to Tokyo (NRT) Flights - $476-482 Return! On AC, various dates Sep 2020-into 2021 (Also YYZ $630)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 3:41 pm
[OP]
Member
Jul 27, 2014
233 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Air Canada] Vancouver & Calgary to Tokyo (NRT) Flights - $476-482 Return! On AC, various dates Sep 2020-into 2021 (Also YYZ $630)

Saw initially via a TravelZoo e-mail, listing YYC-NRT flights from $516 for 2021 dates (on Air Canada).

But upon searching more on Google, found them available for even cheaper (plus earlier/more dates): $476 (from YVR) and $482 (from YYC) roundtrip - with date combos starting as early as Sept 2020 (and into 2021).

Flights from YVR are non-stop direct to Tokyo both ways; other cities are one-stop in YVR.

Also available from Toronto (YYZ) for $630.

Easiest to search availability/date combos via Google Flights site, then bookable direct on AC FYI.


** Note: Obviously with COVID situation ongoing, be aware of various travel rules/restrictions/precautions/etc. that may apply - flights include the current AC no change/cancel fee policies - but wanted to share/post for those who can/want to take advantage of the pricing now (can decide later to travel or not). **


Cheers!
53 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1063 posts
4482 upvotes
Air Canada needs to stop selling tickets for phantom routes. They can make up whatever future routes they please. Then, when they've banked the money, they cancel the route due to "poor demand" or whatnot, and give the customer a voucher.

There is no guarantee that AC will be flying any of those routes. They can just as easily - and most likely will - change your itinerary into strange multi-segment connection routes. You won't get your money back.

This is a big buyer beware.
Last edited by coopercold on Jun 30th, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 1, 2003
6646 posts
331 upvotes
Just remember you will be quarantined for 14 days upon arriving in Japan.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2012
6554 posts
5125 upvotes
Also remember that you will have no travel insurance, or even if the Canadian government removes it warning to avoid all non essential travel abroad, no travel insurance if you suffer from COVID-19 abroad because it is considered a pre-existing risk.

It's utterly foolish to go out of Canada for recreational purposes, until there is an effective cure or vaccine for COVID-19. Just don't do it.

It's better to just visit another province if you must travel, where catching COVID will not entail complete financial ruin.
Last edited by Poutinesauce on Jun 30th, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Feb 14, 2008
99 posts
79 upvotes
Calgary
Who cares if you guys are too scared to travel? This is a good price for people who are willing to take a risk on a far out booking or for those who need to travel to visit family etc. Wish people would stop posting their fears in threads about travel deals. No one cares about your warnings except other like minded people who have already made up their minds.
Member
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
223 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
yyc-guy wrote: Who cares if you guys are too scared to travel? This is a good price for people who are willing to take a risk on a far out booking or for those who need to travel to visit family etc. Wish people would stop posting their fears in threads about travel deals. No one cares about your warnings except other like minded people who have already made up their minds.
What exactly is your argument though - that travel ban will be over by the time this hopefully-not-cancelled ticket happens?
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2010
813 posts
716 upvotes
SonicSam wrote: What exactly is your argument though - that travel ban will be over by the time this hopefully-not-cancelled ticket happens?
Buying a ticket for Sept 2020 is too risky imo but something like Dec 2020 or early 2021 would be unlikely to be cancelled. Considering Europe is already opening up I think it's safe to say that Japan will be open long before then.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1212 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Why does every single travel thread have to be ruined by fear mongers. The people who take advantage of this deal know and accept the risks associated with travelling
Jr. Member
Jun 4, 2011
196 posts
129 upvotes
yyc-guy wrote: Who cares if you guys are too scared to travel? ....
You can be a fearless idiot all you want, the Japanese gov't has banned entry of all foreign nationals from entering without damn good reason (ie, you need proof of a dying family member there or something). Simply put, if you don't have a JP passport or PR card, you're not getting past airport customs. If you do have those things, you're still quarantined for 2 weeks at a gov facility or at your family's home.

If you look at their covid numbers and data around the world, and the combine that with the knowledge that Japan, even in the best of times, is 99% homogeneous and doesn't take kindly to outsiders (ie Japanese first)... when do you expect them to open their borders to tourism? The answer is likely: not until 2021, before the second try at the olympics.
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: 2020 is too early for international travel..

Hot deal if I can book a 2022 flight.. Or it might become a cold one if COVID-19 becomes COVID-22...
It is possible right now to travel to lots of international destinations. If you're too scared, that's not our problem.
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2010
813 posts
716 upvotes
hakira wrote: You can be a fearless idiot all you want, the Japanese gov't has banned entry of all foreign nationals from entering without damn good reason (ie, you need proof of a dying family member there or something). Simply put, if you don't have a JP passport or PR card, you're not getting past airport customs. If you do have those things, you're still quarantined for 2 weeks at a gov facility or at your family's home.

If you look at their covid numbers and data around the world, and the combine that with the knowledge that Japan, even in the best of times, is 99% homogeneous and doesn't take kindly to outsiders (ie Japanese first)... when do you expect them to open their borders to tourism? The answer is likely: not until 2021, before the second try at the olympics.
Yeah, no. There is 0% chance they're closed until 2021. Tourism is a huge huge part of Japan's economy.
They're already re-opening for business travel with a few countries. After re-opening for business they'll move onto re-opening for tourism too for countries that they deem safe.

Just want to make it clear that there will still be risk involved with travelling, but some of you guys are putting things way out of proportion. It's June and things are returning to normal in most countries around the world. Unless the second wave hits harder than the first globally then there's no reason to think it'll continue until 2021.
Last edited by Ambushes on Jun 30th, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
616 posts
1183 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Why does every single travel thread have to be ruined by fear mongers. The people who take advantage of this deal know and accept the risks associated with travelling
Facts do not equate to fear mongering.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1063 posts
4482 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: It is possible right now to travel to lots of international destinations. If you're too scared, that's not our problem.
Oh no, not you again. Please, spare us your tripe. 🙏🏼

Have a nice day, though! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Top