Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Air Canada: World Sale; YYZ-Beijing $1095, Hong Kong $1322, Tokyo $1313 all-in.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2013 7:07 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15731 posts
3233 upvotes
Toronto

[Air Canada] Air Canada: World Sale; YYZ-Beijing $1095, Hong Kong $1322, Tokyo $1313 all-in.

Link: http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/ ... fares.html

Restrictions:

Book by Jan 10th.
Depart from Jan 11th - May/June depending on destination.
Travel days: Varies depending on destination.
Min. 3-5 days, max 3 months stay.

[table="width: 500, class: outer_border, align: left"]
[tr]
[td]International (Round Trip)[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Canada (One-Way)[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Beijing[/td]
[td]$1095[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Calgary[/td]
[td]$276[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Bogota[/td]
[td]$906[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Edmonton[/td]
[td]$287[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Buenos Aires[/td]
[td]$1193[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Halifax[/td]
[td]$202[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Caracas[/td]
[td]$1280[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - St. John's[/td]
[td]$265[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Geneva[/td]
[td]$887[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Vancouver[/td]
[td]$276[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Hong Kong[/td]
[td]$1322[/td]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Winnipeg[/td]
[td]$225[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Lima[/td]
[td]$1011[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Paris[/td]
[td]$850[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Rome[/td]
[td]$931[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Santiago[/td]
[td]$1360[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Sao Paulo[/td]
[td]$1062[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Seoul[/td]
[td]$1180[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Shanghai[/td]
[td]$1121[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Sydney[/td]
[td]$2210[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Tokyo[/td]
[td]$1313[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Toronto (YYZ) - Zurich[/td]
[td]$909[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
70 replies
Mar 5, 2005
388 posts
47 upvotes
I would not call the current Air Canada or West Jet seat sale a "sale".
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5627 posts
4675 upvotes
drawmeapanda wrote: Nothing super. Seen much lower prices often.
Perhaps, but it all depends on your travel destinations. But I can tell you that if you are looking for YYZ-HKG, then this is the best fare price I've seen in the past month for 'low' season travel (late Jan to early Mar). I've been monitoring for the past few weeks and prices have been consistently $1522. Now, the same NON-STOP flights (AC15/AC16) that I'd been monitoring are $1322. I'll take the $200 price drop and consider it a 'sale' price. For this route I have not seen 'much lower prices often'. I monitored and travelled this route several times last year, always looking at low season itineraries, and the lowest I'd ever seen during 2012, for this route, was $80 cheaper at $1240. I need to be there, starting in 3 weeks, so I pulled the trigger.
GtG wrote: This is starting from... Title is misleading
New to AC promo lingo? It's always "STARTING FROM", no surprise nor disappointment here.
Sep 6, 2010
762 posts
92 upvotes
Waterloo
Had a YYZ-SIN flight at $1005 (net, roundtrip) in September 2012. Transited at HKG. I didn't check, but don't think their (UA) YYZ-HKG price would've been higher at that time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5627 posts
4675 upvotes
CsG wrote: Had a YYZ-SIN flight at $1005 (net, roundtrip) in September 2012. Transited at HKG. I didn't check, but don't think their (UA) YYZ-HKG price would've been higher at that time.
UA transiting through USA from YYZ to HKG...blech! No thanks. Much rather stopover in YVR than any USA airport.
Nov 25, 2007
273 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote: Perhaps, but it all depends on your travel destinations. But I can tell you that if you are looking for YYZ-HKG, then this is the best fare price I've seen in the past month for 'low' season travel (late Jan to early Mar). I've been monitoring for the past few weeks and prices have been consistently $1522. Now, the same NON-STOP flights (AC15/AC16) that I'd been monitoring are $1322. I'll take the $200 price drop and consider it a 'sale' price. For this route I have not seen 'much lower prices often'. I monitored and travelled this route several times last year, always looking at low season itineraries, and the lowest I'd ever seen during 2012, for this route, was $80 cheaper at $1240. I need to be there, starting in 3 weeks, so I pulled the trigger.
Hi bizee-bee, I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm planning to go to Hong Kong from Toronto in Feb 2013. I've been checking the YYZ->HKG direct flight prices since last September, and you're right that there's absolutely no good deal at all in the last few months (AC or CX).

However, you can get the exact same air ticket at a much lower price when you book it from any Chinese travel agency in GTA. For example,

1) Feb 14 to Mar 2: Travel agency price = $1360, AirCanada.com "promotional" price = $1471

2) Feb 15 to Mar 2, Travel agency price = $1420, AirCanada.com "promotional" price = $1621

All prices were obtained today (Jan 3), and they are the prices for YYZ <-> HKG, direct flights, all taxes included.

As you can see, you can save a lot of $ when booking it from the travel agency. I strongly suggest you to check the travel agency first before you pull the trigger. You'll be surprised how much Air Canada is scamming us :) .
Feb 6, 2002
461 posts
10 upvotes
raptorsfans wrote: Hi bizee-bee, I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm planning to go to Hong Kong from Toronto in Feb 2013. I've been checking the YYZ->HKG direct flight prices since last September, and you're right that there's absolutely no good deal at all in the last few months (AC or CX).

However, you can get the exact same air ticket at a much lower price when you book it from any Chinese travel agency in GTA. For example,

1) Feb 14 to Mar 2: Travel agency price = $1360, AirCanada.com "promotional" price = $1471

2) Feb 15 to Mar 2, Travel agency price = $1420, AirCanada.com "promotional" price = $1621

All prices were obtained today (Jan 3), and they are the prices for YYZ <-> HKG, direct flights, all taxes included.

As you can see, you can save a lot of $ when booking it from the travel agency. I strongly suggest you to check the travel agency first before you pull the trigger. You'll be surprised how much Air Canada is scamming us :) .
Hey Raptorsfan, can you PM me or post a good travel agency to call? I'm in the same boat as you and looking for return tickets from TOR->HKG. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5627 posts
4675 upvotes
raptorsfans wrote: Hi bizee-bee, I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm planning to go to Hong Kong from Toronto in Feb 2013. I've been checking the YYZ->HKG direct flight prices since last September, and you're right that there's absolutely no good deal at all in the last few months (AC or CX).

Too late, I've already booked. But, I should have mentioned that I also have a 15% discount code that works on aircanada.com, so for the most part, it makes it more attractive for me to book online on my own, rather than through a travel agency.

So, for your examples above, here's what I can get with the 15% code:
1) Feb 14 to Mar 2: $1300 all taxes in - $60 less than travel agency
2) Feb 15 to Mar 2: $1428 all taxes in - $8 more than travel agency

However, since I can cancel within 24hrs with $0 fees, then I'm all ears too, if the travel agency can beat the 15% discounted prices!
So, please send info via PM on which travel agency you've contacted to get these great prices! (mavee, get in line, please and thank you). ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1190 posts
617 upvotes
air canada = terrible service = no thanks even for a $1.
Nov 25, 2007
273 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
mavvee & bizee-bee, I got the prices from Holiday Booking Centre (http://www.holidaybookingctr.com/, their website sucks, and you can't find any price online so it's better to call them directly). I think you should be able to get these prices on most Chinese travel agencies in GTA, so you don't have to get it from Holiday Booking.

BTW, the price of the first example (Feb 14 to Mar2) I got from Holiday Booking should be $1365 instead of $1360. My mistake, sorry.

bizee-bee, the $1300 (Feb 14 to Mar 2) that you got from aircanada.com is an excellent price! I would bite it immediately if I have the 15% discount code (but too bad I don't :( ). I doubt any travel agency can give you this price.

Have fun in HK!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9161 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
bilaliz wrote: air canada = terrible service = no thanks even for a $1.
I will be all in for even $100.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Nov 25, 2007
273 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote: I will be all in for even $100.
I know you guys don't like the service from AC (I don't like it either), but unfortunately, there are only 2 airlines, Air Canada and Cathay Pacific (which is usually more expensive than AC), offer direct YYZ -> HKG fligts, so we have no choice unless we're willing to pay more $ for Cathay Pacific :( .
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1097 posts
511 upvotes
bizee-bee I'm seeing prices for YYZ-HKG for Feb 14 to Mar 2 for $1084 USD (with United, with 1 stop). Of course if you are looking for direct flights ignore this post.

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/dr5w2.png[/IMG]
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes
so if i wanna go to shanghai somewhere at the end of Fed, and stay for over a year.

is it better just buy one way ticket?(cheaper) since combo with return ticket for 1 year date =more than the price i pay for both one way.

i see aircanada charge around 79x (incl tax) for one way direct flight.
i see united charge 500-600 for one way (one stop at nyc) - almost same as 1/2 of the round ticket of aircanada, but slightly more

is there anyway better and cheaper way to go about my situation? i would prefer nostop direct. but air canada does charge way more
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes
would travel agency give better price on oneway to shanghai ticket than united(1stop) online?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)