Air Conditioner Problem - 1st time home owner
Anyhow, symptoms are:
- no cold air coming out of registers
- no water draining from the water pan (very dry).
- fan motor spins and powers up, but don't hear a compressor sound (?)
- no evidence of icing on the unit.
- A coil area doesn't seem to get "cold" to the touch when "on" (it used to)
What I've done:
- changed to new furnace filter
- cleaned outdoor condensor coils/fins of dust/debris with gentle water spray
- bleached water pan to prevent algae build up (this is how i know it was very dry)
Do you think the compressor has died on a 5 yr old unit? I know service calls to most heat/cooling companies are ~$150, wondering what the cost would be for a new compressor or if anyone else has possible ideas of the culprit that'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance from 1st time home owner.