None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3808 posts
1602 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 11:26 am
I tried the same date range that I'm searching on Air France but I didn't get the same price range on Matrix ITA, what conditions you need to put in to see the cheaper rate on Matrix ITA?
As for most deals, it's date dependent, both on the departure dates and return. December for example, does not have many flight choices at this price.
ChiGGz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 11:26 am
If a flight requires a connection in Paris, could I skip the transfer and start my trip from Paris and then go to LUX afterwards for the flight back?
From what I've read recently if you try and do that, you'll forfeit the rest of your ticket (i.e. return flight to Toronto).
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1236 posts
116 upvotes
I have done this, as long as they make you go through customs in Paris with your luggage.

nightwing12 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 1:21 pm
anyone know if you can just get off the plane and get your bags in paris (i assume you need to get your bags to clear customs?) and then just stay in paris, and make your way to luxembourg for the end of your trip? Air France's flights to Paris (on the same flight/day etc) are about 200 dollars more expensive.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2262 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
basketball wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 2:19 pm
I have done this, as long as they make you go through customs in Paris with your luggage.
Pretty sure you CAN'T do that. As soon as you miss any leg of your flight, you forfeit the rest AFAIK.
Nov 19, 2009
542 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
djdestroyer wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 2:39 pm
Pretty sure you CAN'T do that. As soon as you miss any leg of your flight, you forfeit the rest AFAIK.
Agreed. This may be airline specific but with KLM earlier this year, they wouldn't let me end my flight in Frankfurt, which was halfway to my destination. They said they'd cancel my whole itinerary (including the return home 2 weeks later) if I didn't make the second leg of my trip. They also wanted $400 if i wanted to cancel the second leg (which really didnt make sense to me). So in the end, I was stuck taking the full flight. I guess the inflexibility is the cross we bear for getting great deals on RFD.....
Nov 18, 2006
61 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
If you prefer to go to Paris you could instead book a multi-city flight. One example is the flight below (priced out on Google Flights for $614 USD).

YYZ - CDG - Nov 4, 2014
CDG - LUX - Nov 18, 2014
LUX - AMS, AMS - YZZ, Nov 19
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Air France is hurt by the pilot's strike and low prices are to gain some ground back?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1715 posts
842 upvotes
nightwing12 wrote:
anyone know if you can just get off the plane and get your bags in paris (i assume you need to get your bags to clear customs?) and then just stay in paris, and make your way to luxembourg for the end of your trip? Air France's flights to Paris (on the same flight/day etc) are about 200 dollars more expensive.
No.

You'll forfeit the rest of your ticket.
This rule is not airline specific.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1479 posts
385 upvotes
Vancouver
nightwing12 wrote:
did you look into a free stopover in paris?

i think they are the same as BA (LHR) and KLM (AMS) - where you can typically get a free stopover at their home hub....not positive though
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4995 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Stryker wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 1:28 pm
I didn't look thoroughly, but there's still remnants of the recent deal from Toronto to Manila that AcidBomber recently posted.

Found departing YYZ on October 13th and return from MNL on November 8th. Rang through at the Flight Centre website for $853 return. Same dates through Expedia and it was over $1100.

There may be other dates available in October - November.
I think that's during the rainy season. Plus I was hoping a bit cheaper than that :D
Jun 8, 2008
686 posts
88 upvotes
nice deals. Thanks will let the GF know

Still can't be better than those sub $500 Taxes in tickets to Asia and like $150 Taxes In NYC-->Milan-->Prague-->Tokyo (still had to buy a one way back from Tokyo).

I can still reminiscent right?!
Legen...wait for it...dary.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1715 posts
842 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Oct 8th, 2014 10:02 pm
You can do it, just book two one-way instead of a round trip.
Yes. Let's compare apples to oranges.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4202 posts
287 upvotes
Must resist...
I already picked up a flight with the SATA deal to Portugal for $510...

but this is oh so tempting...
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Dec 1, 2008
370 posts
29 upvotes
I'm regretting not picking up the SATA deal! Hesitated and the early November outbound flights were gone. If anyone finds anything in the $500 range to Europe leaving End of Oct/beginning of November for approx. 3 weeks, let me know! Can be different inbound+outbound cities. (P.S. When some of you say you can have a free stopover, how do you book that...no online tools allow you to put in a multi-day stopover).
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4202 posts
287 upvotes
d-burn wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 12:40 pm
I'm regretting not picking up the SATA deal! Hesitated and the early November outbound flights were gone. If anyone finds anything in the $500 range to Europe leaving End of Oct/beginning of November for approx. 3 weeks, let me know! Can be different inbound+outbound cities. (P.S. When some of you say you can have a free stopover, how do you book that...no online tools allow you to put in a multi-day stopover).
No need to regret. SATA deal is back. There's another thread about it.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)