Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
922 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto

Air Fryer suggestions?

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent air fryer that can make fries and etc for at least 2 people.
I'd like to stay under $150 CAD if possible.

Anyone have any experiences or recommendations on these?

I've been looking at the Ninja Air Fryer from Costco for $109
https://www.costco.ca/Ninja-Air-Fryer-. ... 63968.html
9 replies
May 22, 2019
16 posts
2 upvotes
I've been using a Philips Air Fryer for two weeks from now, it's only doing simple stuff i.e chips and roast potatoes, etc! Stunned and delighted with the results.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
922 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
nathandev wrote: I've been using a Philips Air Fryer for two weeks from now, it's only doing simple stuff i.e chips and roast potatoes, etc! Stunned and delighted with the results.
Did you get the Philips for under $150? The Philips ones have the best reviews but its like twice the price from I've found so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4473 posts
2123 upvotes
Calgary
I just bought the Ninja Air Fryer which is only 110$ at Costco.ca right now (digital versus the much more expensive Philips one that is analog). Got it 2 days ago, it's a game changer. Burgers and wings on demand without the mess and perfectly cooked. Wings were actually too crispy, had to tone it down next batch. Burgers only take 10 min from frozen, wings 20 min.

Get home from work, put wings or burgers in, change clothes, come back to delicious.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13000 upvotes
Unless you're reheating frozen fries, you're not going to get good results out of it.
If anyone disagrees, show me a recipe and I'll test it personally. I've tried a half dozen of them and all of them were awful.

Also I really hope you're not trying to replace a deep fryer. These are fancy convection ovens.
They have no relation to nor are they able to replicate the results of a real deep fryer.
nathandev wrote: Philips Air Fryer
100% do not recommend.
The digital is downright mentally disabled in terms of usage. Touchscreens are a terrible idea.
Plus it's tiny. Barely cooks enough for one.
May 22, 2019
16 posts
2 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
100% do not recommend.
The digital is downright mentally disabled in terms of usage. Touchscreens are a terrible idea.
Plus it's tiny. Barely cooks enough for one.
I know the Air Fryer don't cook food better than a some other convection oven or convection toaster oven but every person have different perception. It's not that bad tho
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13000 upvotes
nathandev wrote: I know the Air Fryer don't cook food better than a some other convection oven or convection toaster oven but every person have different perception.
I mean... that's because it IS a convection oven.
It's not that bad tho
The technology itself isn't bad, but the marketing is.
Unless you're talking about the Philips in which case I 100% disagree.
It may be the original, but it's also the stupidest one I've ever used (and I've been through 4 of them now).
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
922 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
I think I’ll try the Ninja...with the Costco return policy it maybe worth a try