Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Air Miles Bonus Boom: Easy 95 AMs (and more) on 3 Different Offers Aug 26-Sept 8

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 10:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10078 upvotes
Ontario

[Air Miles] Air Miles Bonus Boom: Easy 95 AMs (and more) on 3 Different Offers Aug 26-Sept 8

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 8, 2021
Retailer:
Air Miles
More offers from Air Miles
Bonus Boom is back. This event awards 95 Bonus Air Miles when you use 3 different Bonus Boom offers. All 3 offers could be from the SAME retailer to qualify.

The 95 BAMs are in addition to the BAMs from the 3 offers.

Click here for details and terms on all offers from all Provinces. Reminder that some offers require OPT-IN.

For ON, some of the EASY ones are back:

1. Sobeys, Urban Fresh, Foodland: Redeem 95 AMs get 25 BAMs. Doing a redemption at 3 different stores counts as 3 offers. EXPIRED SEPT 1

2. Shell: 5 BAMs on 30L of any grade of gas when you use EasyPay.

3. Shell: 5 BAMs on $20 of Lottery

4. AirMilesShop: 100 BAMs on $100+ (10.5% return)

5. Metro: 20 BAMs on 2 x $1.99 cleaners (Toilet Bowl, All-Purpose etc) - EXPIRED SEPT 1

Will add to this list any inexpensive grocery store offers similar to the Peace Tea or Powerade ones from past BB events.
Last edited by kiiaal on Sep 3rd, 2021 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
* Between August 26 and September 8, 2021, Collectors must use 3 or more different AIR MILES Bonus Boom™ offers (“Bonus Boom Offers”), and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Boom Offer to qualify for the 95 Bonus Miles. Eligible purchases at participating AIR MILES Partners, opting in to receive email offers and information from the AIR MILES Reward Program for the first time, and/or downloading and logging in to the AIR MILES Mobile App¹ for the first time are all qualifying actions towards using Bonus Boom Offers. Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Boom Offer. Please see the Terms and Conditions of each Bonus Boom Offer for specific details. If you opt in to receive AIR MILES emails, your email address will only be used by the AIR MILES Reward Program to send you offers and information from AIR MILES and its Partners. You can unsubscribe at any time. To read more about our Privacy Policy, visit airmiles.ca. Bonus Offers are available at airmiles.ca/BonusBoom. Limit of 95 Bonus Miles for this offer per Collector Number. Visit airmiles.ca/BonusBoom for full details. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

Note:
1. The final 95 BAMs from the May BB event was posted on July 19, about 8 weeks after the end date of May 26.
2. The final 95 BAMS from the June BB event was posted Sept 1, 9 weeks after the end date of June 30.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
2430 posts
3012 upvotes
Hamilton
Seeing as I don't drive I find this one to be way more difficult than previous ones. There doesn't seem to be any cheap grocery items to use. Global Pet Foods has gone from a $60 spend to $100 spend. And since I only have Sobeys here I can't do Sobeys + Foodland or anything. So I probably won't participate this time.

Plus last time I didn't get credit for purchasing Powerade so I still have to fight them for the air miles for that one.
Aug 20, 2020
478 posts
467 upvotes
Air Miles definitely going down hill...

I'll easily collect this but as a rewards program, I'm surprised they still have employees...
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
Lots of effort for $10 worth of points. I sure hope they don't go under before I get my 17,000 points worth of flights.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Thanks for posting. I can get two offers no problem but I seem to always have trouble with the third. As much as I am tempted by the AM, I remind myself not to go out of my way to buy something I normally wouldn't just to get the miles.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1831 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the post
Staples has 30x airmiles till Sept 8, great deal if buy computer or electronic
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
2430 posts
3012 upvotes
Hamilton
lorreilme wrote: Thanks for the post
Staples has 30x airmiles till Sept 8, great deal if buy computer or electronic
Only on Apple products though... and I already bought an iPad through the edu promo and the magic keyboard from the walmart.com deal that was posted a few weeks ago
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Sooo bad this time, and even for just a measly 95AM.

I could only imagine what will happen to 1500AM shop the block...
Aug 20, 2020
478 posts
467 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Sooo bad this time, and even for just a measly 95AM.

I could only imagine what will happen to 1500AM shop the block...
lol 1200....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
At this time last year, the promo was megamiles. I think you get 300 after 3 offers. Now only 95. Without LCBO, hardware store and pharmacy, it's getting harder to complete the challenges. Esp no cheap grocery items this time from Sobeys. Metro is also ridiculous. Sigh
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1071 posts
226 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: No longer worth participating
Totally agree. I am not participating this year neither. Airmiles is going downhill.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I regret very much for saving Dream Miles. I reached Onyx status and saved 8XXX AM in 2017 or 2018, and later found out all the merchandise or travel packages are over priced. Now the points are sitting there without any interest.

The best use of AM, IMHO, is to use cash miles when Safeway/Thrifty Foods are 25AM back for redemption of 95AM. For this round of bonus boom, I accomplished these tasks easily

1. Redeem 95AM at Safeway and purchase $8 of Bartlett pears, I spent $13, redeemed 95AM, and will be getting 35AM back
2. Redeem 95AM at Thrifty foods on some regular-priced eggs and corns, and will be getting 25AM back
3. Since I accomplished 3 offers, I will be getting 95AM.

So in turn I only spend 190-155 = 35AM but I get $20 off, and the items that I bought are all on-sale items, so I didn't purchase something unnecessary or overpriced.
Feb 4, 2017
111 posts
89 upvotes
naticom wrote: I regret very much for saving Dream Miles. I reached Onyx status and saved 8XXX AM in 2017 or 2018, and later found out all the merchandise or travel packages are over priced. Now the points are sitting there without any interest.
Once you reached the Onyx status, you have personal shopper and you can buy any items you want at the exact price that is advertised. For example, I have redeemed airmiles on New Washer and Dryer of my choosing at Costco Website. The personal shopper buy it directly from Costco and redeem the exact miles. I agreed their catalogue on the website are overpriced but NOT the Personal Shopper service. Exact dream miles conversion to dollars.

I also redeemed for new Bosch Dishwasher two months ago. Airmiles is an awesome program if you know how to use it.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
[
royalrumble wrote: Once you reached the Onyx status, you have personal shopper and you can buy any items you want at the exact price that is advertised. For example, I have redeemed airmiles on New Washer and Dryer of my choosing at Costco Website. The personal shopper buy it directly from Costco and redeem the exact miles. I agreed their catalogue on the website are overpriced but NOT the Personal Shopper service. Exact dream miles conversion to dollars.

I also redeemed for new Bosch Dishwasher two months ago. Airmiles is an awesome program if you know how to use it.
Yup that's the only way to redeem dream miles now. I checked flights redemptions and they are double compared to aeroplan equivalent points. Hotels also have an admin fee but i booked anyway.

Had a shopper buy me a Nintendo switch last summer. Only good for non sale items iirc.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I know the personal shopper but I didn't need anything that needs personal shopper back then.

Now it's very hard to collect AM so I don't have Onyx status.
royalrumble wrote: Once you reached the Onyx status, you have personal shopper and you can buy any items you want at the exact price that is advertised. For example, I have redeemed airmiles on New Washer and Dryer of my choosing at Costco Website. The personal shopper buy it directly from Costco and redeem the exact miles. I agreed their catalogue on the website are overpriced but NOT the Personal Shopper service. Exact dream miles conversion to dollars.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
I only use Air Miles because coworkers Company Gas Card is Shell only

PCO way crazier
Jul 21, 2013
100 posts
72 upvotes
THORNHILL
This program is really poor and getting worse all the time...
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1071 posts
226 upvotes
I really don't like their 90/120 days term for the bonus miles to be posted. How can people remember those bonus miles after 3-4 months time. This is a joke. I think 2 weeks is the max and reasonable time frame. Like other reward programs, they are instantly posted on the receipt at least. Why can't airmiles do that as well?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I really don't like their 90/120 days term for the bonus miles to be posted. How can people remember those bonus miles after 3-4 months time. This is a joke. I think 2 weeks is the max and reasonable time frame. Like other reward programs, they are instantly posted on the receipt at least. Why can't airmiles do that as well?
Probably for that very reason alone, so people will forget and not go back to get their missing AMs. I too am in the same boat as you, trying to remember and save all the bonus AM offers so that in 3 months time I check if I had received it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)